test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are Unified Elements supposed to be created realistically

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
Looking at the Neverwinter wiki it shows that to produce the Unified Elements elemental air/water/earth/fire is required. It says these things come from either profession packs, the large chest of goods or skill nodes. I assume that the drop rate of these on the skill checks is close to zero, and likewise the chests will probably not have high drop rates, further more to produce one Elemental aggregate will require 16 of these, and for one Unified Element it requires 64 of these (1024 needed for level 70 black ice set:eek:)

So what am I missing here, some people on this forum are complaining that it will take days to produce the Unified Elements, but if the drop rate of these things are like other high end resources, we are talking about the end of the Universe times here. Are the people saying it will take them a few days to produce these Unified Elements because they are going to pay thousands in cash for profession boosters ? Please tell me that I missed something here and that I can produce a Unified Element in realistic times, because otherwise they are shutting an iron door on everyone that is not a big spending whale.
Post edited by clericalist on

Comments

• Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In the preview shard the old _and_ new chests actually have a quite decent drop rate for the elemental resources. However, there's a bug where they sometimes don't end up (at least for me) in my profession inventory.

Allegedly, both the unified elements and the elemental aggregates also have decent drop rates from the areas.

The long running time for creation of these items can be alleviated somewhat if you have purple alchemists.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    The preview drop rates are likely to be significantly higher than they will be on Live. Primarily, it means people get easier access to stuff that's required to test some functions. Secondarily, it also has the effect of getting people to not worry about it before it hits Live.

So I essentially wasted my time building up my alchemy profession across various characters, and I wasted my time harvesting 100k+ black ice, I can never get the level 70 black ice set. If I am lucky I will get one or two of these Unified Elements per month, so it will only take me a few years to get the black ice set.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I essentially wasted my time building up my alchemy profession across various characters, and I wasted my time harvesting 100k+ black ice, I can never get the level 70 black ice set. If I am lucky I will get one or two of these Unified Elements per month, so it will only take me a few years to get the black ice set.

Don't be so quick with your pessimism. No player yet knows how things will pan out and some drop rates are bound to get tweaked as time goes on (some down and, yes, some up). I'm currently farming raw black ice like crazy before IWD difficulty ramps up. I can refine it at a more leisurely pace if I need it. Patience, my young Padawan... :)
  • Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You'll need 75k of Black Ice anyway to upgrade to BIS level 5.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    The preview drop rates are likely to be significantly higher than they will be on Live. Primarily, it means people get easier access to stuff that's required to test some functions. Secondarily, it also has the effect of getting people to not worry about it before it hits Live.

Can you quote the source that says the drop rates were increased significantly for testing and they'll be dialed back when it goes live?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    vespera33vespera33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After finishing the questline in the new zones (3x 16 vigilance tasks in each) I ended up with around 70-80 of elemental water/air/fire/earth (70-80 of each kind) and about 5-6 of elemental aggregate and unified elements (again 5-6 of each).

Green elemental mats you get for finishing each vigilance task, it was usually 1-2 of them. Same from the smaller HEs. Kind is tied to the zone so you get water in Drowned Shore, fire in Fiery Pit, etc. All kinds also drop fairly often from nodes.

Elemental Aggregate and Unified Elements were also a reward from vigilance tasks though the better reward seemed random to me. Usually it was green materials.

I have no idea if the major HEs have a chance to drop anything better than green. There was never enough people around to try them and stumbling upon them solo always ended in big ouchie really fast...
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There will be enough ressources i think - all those people storing leadership chests.... and even if not i would be finde with it (and the goldsellers too i guess)
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The quests in the 4 Elemental areas change every hour. If you check the quests givers constantly, you might find a quest that offers the Aggregate or Unified as a reward. I've gotten 5 Aggregates in 1 day while the Unified (I only checked a few times a day) was 1 a week.