• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure we're going to be getting just this on Friday:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and then this on Monday:

:(:(:(:(

recognize the veteran. ^^
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    I m not even sure there will be a friday patch

At least here in Europe it's Good Friday, where we are supposed to not go to work, but to those big houses with those pointy roofs to commemorate the world's most famous execution...

...admittedly, IDK if this is an official bank holiday in the US. And even if, devs might be, erm, incentivized to cut that out this time.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This just in!

Crush replied to my PM today and I got good news. The build they have currently on Preview is far from the complete version they have been testing internally. They just didnt have time to implement it all on Preview since they are still finishing up some things. He said that every bit of feedback we gave has been collected, assessed and taken into consideration. As a result once mod 6 is LIVE we will see a vast improvement on all that is Neverwinter starting with classes!

- Total overhaul of GWFs in accordance with player feedback
    - Total overhaul of SWs in accordance with player feedback
    - no more broken TRs
    - no more swiss army knife CWs
    - Paladins who dont bring shame to the name
    - DCs who are..well not much will change there
    - HRs who are also pretty much the same minus the perma rooting
    - GFs who dont get 1shot by trash mobs in dungeons

And so much more... Enjoy

Tolled me. Meh. I was excited for once....
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    agreed, it's gonna be a complete charlie foxtrot
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The module 6 preview has been a source of frustration for weeks, especially on Fridays. I just want mod 6 released, to end the dread.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    two30 wrote: »
    The module 6 preview has been a source of frustration for weeks, especially on Fridays. I just want mod 6 released, to end the dread.

At this point, yeah... rip the bandaid off and let us feel the pain lol
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The perfect meme for Mod 6:

thewalkingmemes.com_1753_1396548809.jpg
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The perfect meme for Mod 6:

thewalkingmemes.com_1753_1396548809.jpg

LOL creepy carol
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Sad, that the DC didnt a pass through, the entire work is flawed.

Just because a flaw from 2013 persists that keeps Repurpose Soul from proccing with 3 major powers, does not mean that the DC didn't get looked at... erm.... yeah.... nevermind.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Sigh makes me wonder how much do we need to pay Cryptic to fix DC encounters etc etc.... > . >?
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used to be a programmer, but never a game programmer. I wonder if this game is in a state where-by fixing one thing breaks something else, which would make bug fixing a much more complex issue. This might explain such slow progress on getting everything fixed.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    I think it's closer to the fact that much of the architecture was built and designed by other who are no longer working here. Its sort of like the Foundry, the tools to make the game still exists so someone can still make new stuff for it. But the actual base assets which made the creator and what not are no longer able to be edited and changed as easily.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i m not pessimistic at all..but at least fix bugs related to powers.
    half hr feats and powers do not work correctly anymore !

even my tr is in the same situation... a bit less critic tho
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    traxsu wrote: »
    I think it's closer to the fact that much of the architecture was built and designed by other who are no longer working here. Its sort of like the Foundry, the tools to make the game still exists so someone can still make new stuff for it. But the actual base assets which made the creator and what not are no longer able to be edited and changed as easily.

yep , that's why we won't see a big addition to the game in M6 , i hope more good stuff will come later !
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it's obvious they fired everyone but a very junior level team that doesn't have a clue what they are doing. I look forward to whatever game the outgoing team members end up creating next, because they built a hell of a good little game here, just a shame the suits ruined it all. (as usual)
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    welp so much for today fixing everything wrong with the mod 6 build. Instead it's going to be released in all it's broken glory (including what fixes they made today) and we have to wait until the 23rd for the BIG FIX.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
    edited April 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    it's obvious they fired everyone but a very junior level team that doesn't have a clue what they are doing. I look forward to whatever game the outgoing team members end up creating next, because they built a hell of a good little game here, just a shame the suits ruined it all. (as usual)

This times a million. It IS a good little game being ruined by suits.
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Or it is working as they intended...

(Bolded relevent part.)

But then, we'll never realy know....

He is doing his best to explain what he can. I kind of feel for the devs and I don't blame them one bit for any of this. If you want to figure anything out, the best bet is to just follow the money and the Devs have absolutely no control over that end of things.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking at prev server condition, my prediction is 2nd delay of mod 6 launch maybe 25 Apr
    Looking at minor fix 3/24 they have done i start think that the reason they delay it in the first place was because dev want to focus on "X" launch thing and even now gateway still down
    we are no longer in priority here fellas
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    Looking at prev server condition, my prediction is 2nd delay of mod 6 launch maybe 25 Apr
    Looking at minor fix 3/24 they have done i start think that the reason they delay it in the first place was because dev want to focus on "X" launch thing and even now gateway still down
    we are no longer in priority here
    its going live and additional fixes will come day 23.
    i wont play until then, enough of unfinished and bugged stuff.
    its not like i have something to do other than leveling too
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So...

Definitely won't be playing until the 'big fix' at the end of the month. Maybe not then if there aren't some fairly major changes. Plenty of other games to play while waiting for Mod 7...
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This is exactly the problem and it didnt have to do with the recent Cryptic fired devs. This is happening for over a year and a half, the initial designer/developer or at least a key designer possibly left/fired a few months after official launch of NW. Noone can know exact details but the guys themselves but i m so sure that a couple of suits drove this game from heaven to hell and i would like so much to headbutt them in real life cause they tampered with DnD, a lore which is loveable by MILLIONS of people. All in all a few ignorant people placed in key positions took a diamond and turned it into a hefty stone, all in the name of the dreaded free 2 play model. You could just MADE THE GAME WITH A SUBSCRIPTION (you still can), its the DnD lore everyone would pay for regarding of course the initial quality it had. But someone decided to try go the F2P way so they can make A LOT OF MONEY, now we sit and pray some big company buys cryptic so maybe there is a future behind this game..
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    matiagronx wrote: »

This is exactly the problem and it didnt have to do with the recent Cryptic fired devs. This is happening for over a year and a half, the initial designer/developer or at least a key designer possibly left/fired a few months after official launch of NW. [...]

If your hypothesis is correct, than the firing of that programmer was correct, too. Not commenting and annotating your code is sloppy work.
    matiagronx wrote: »
    All in all a few ignorant people placed in key positions took a diamond and turned it into a hefty stone, all in the name of the dreaded free 2 play model. You could just MADE THE GAME WITH A SUBSCRIPTION (you still can), its the DnD lore everyone would pay for regarding of course the initial quality it had. But someone decided to try go the F2P way so they can make A LOT OF MONEY, now we sit and pray some big company buys cryptic so maybe there is a future behind this game..

I wouldn't play this game if it were on a subscription model - won't do that ever, probably. Once ex-subscription games come off that model, that's another story. But basically the problem is that you neither get the software to use at your leisure - as would be the case with buy games - nor the extended testing option, with a deliberate payment afterwards, as you do with F2P. Furthermore I'd like to remark that NW is not P2W - if and when you're very patient. I'm not fanboying this here, as I think some of the prices are clearly outrageously misguided, but still, there are a lot F2Ps where the model is way more off kilter than that here. I just want to do Cryptic the due justice.

And basically, F2P/P2W isn't that bad a model: that way broader playerbases can join in. Busy professional life and thus good money on your bank account? Wanna play only on weekends? Then you pay. Little money, but more spare time? Then you grind. Your choice. The difficult thing for the game company is to get the balance right...
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I m not bashing at NW cause i love it, i m bashing at the managing of this diamond. And i insist that F2P is NOT a good model for a well established franchise/lore that is DnD. There are millions of people who are fans of the DnD lore and would be willing to participate in an online game like this, but only if it was made with the DnD mechanics in mind, which means of course DUNGEONS and player made stories which means
    > Foundry, the number one asset to "exploit" in order to give people the power to become a Dungeon Master and design/tell a good rpg story. Obviously WOTC are to blame in the first place by not establishing a firm base for their license which would dictate what to do and what NOT to do with their lore. You could of course squeeze in a F2P model in order to get a larger player base but then you would have to find a way to keep the subscribed players/fans satisfied AND also keep the random F2P players satisified too, which as it seems CANNOT be done. Cryptic went for the F2P, random income based mostly on stupid pvp mentality, and LOST the fans of the DnD lore which is an established income. Unfortunately the bubbleheads at WOTC/Cryptic's/PWE's offices thought that NW is for kids and targeted the underaged wallets by using F2P model leaving out the grown up DnD lovers wallets and now they are reaping the seeds.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Closing this down as it's being used for little more than doomsaying and a platform to attack the devs.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.