test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Sound in NWO.

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
All the other cryptic and PWI mmo's I play have sound. I hear NWO has sound too.

Then how come the game is silent as death, and the audio device I use for all the other games does nothing?

someone PLEASE help me fix this I've spend an entire night trying everything with zero success.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If volume control inside the game isn't showing anything wrong, perhaps volume inside windows of the neverwinter client could be muted or turned down?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Inside windows of the neverwinter client huh? my browser plays sounds at the same time NWO does not.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I have tried reinstalling re pluggin in, rebooting computer updating drivers, pretty much everything short of getting a new computer (which is not an option now and should not be neccesary- STO and CO have plenty of sound.)
  • Options
    aeon247aeon247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have you checked the mixer settings? (click the Audio icon then "Mixer" and find Neverwinter in the list)

Just a random thought... assuming you're on Win7/8

Also isn't there an independant setting in Neverwinter under Audio to force the output to a specific device? Worth checking I guess
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I checked the mixer while neverwinter was running it doesnt show much on the list and definitely not neverwinter. says system sound and applications.

I've pretty much tried every in and out of game option avaliable to me I know of.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Two suggestions:

1. Run dxdiag and do the sound tests.
    2. Verify all of your game files (it's an option in the loader).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    All tried.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Whenever I login, options show my audio devices gone and it's replaced with "unknown".

I login to my character and it then shows my proper device selected, but game's still utterly silent.

this audio device works perfectly in CO and STO and I have NEVER had any problems there, I hope a dev or someone who CAN help sees this thread soon.
  • Options
    draco79draco79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am having the same issue. I have tried every thing. I even opened a ticket and they say it is my computer, which is a joke. This is the only game that does this. They even told me I should try other games. This has to be a joke for real.
  • Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    90% your problem is once you've muted NW in mixer then NW disappeared from mixer for good. It's quite a common problem not just for NW but for many programs. Some people find solution but I couldn't fix it no matter what I do. One day I've installed PC volume enhancer and bam it's fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I have not muted it. It never had any sound to begin with. The options tells me audio device is unknown.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    90% your problem is once you've muted NW in mixer then NW disappeared from mixer for good. It's quite a common problem not just for NW but for many programs. Some people find solution but I couldn't fix it no matter what I do. One day I've installed PC volume enhancer and bam it's fixed.

I have tried this. The game is slow at first but it will work.
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    2nd necroed post of the day.
    Misfits
  • Options
    krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I have this issue as well. Its not really a necro thread when the issue was never resolved.
  • Options
    kikujiro24kikujiro24 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    krzrsms wrote: »
    I have this issue as well. Its not really a necro thread when the issue was never resolved.

Perhaps you should try this.

• Options
    danaswansondanaswanson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Hey there!

I have had this issue and in my case it had nothing to do with any in game settings. I have found 2 work arounds for the no sound issue:

This one used to work for me until a recent ARC update:
    1. If running the ARC client: Create a shortcut for Neverwinter on your desktop, open the desktop properties on the icon, click the compatibility tab, set run this program in compatibility mode for to Windows XP (service pack 3). If the game takes a long time to load this is a good sign that it's really running in compatibility mode and you may get sound. Again this fix has stopped working for me.

The most recent sound fix for me has been to run Neverwinter with the Steam client.
    Once the previous workaround stopped working for me I installed Neverwinter with the Steam client. I had Neverwinter installed via the ARC client. I ran the Steam client and installed Neverwinter. Running Neverwinter with the Steam client fixed my sound issue and has been good since.

Good luck!

Nostia
    Nostia
    Female Wood Elf Guardian Fighter
    Level 70
    Item Level 2,700
    Neverwinter Email: Nostia@danaswanson

"Winter Is Coming"
This discussion has been closed.