test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

trs shocking execution has way too much range. heres more proof.

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=seMr1d4H5HI#t=615

watch it at 10:20 for the shocking execution part. thanks. and btw im not a tr hater i dont think they need a lot of nerfing. but some slight adjustments to stealth and damage would be nice.
edit:btw i have a tr executioner and i play it well. just so you know im not prejudiced.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2015

watch it at 10:20 for the shocking execution part. thanks. and btw im not a tr hater i dont think they need a lot of nerfing. but some slight adjustments to stealth and damage would be nice.
    edit:btw i have a tr executioner and i play it well. just so you know im not prejudiced.

The range of this skill is not too far.. you can be stunned mid flight prone confused interrupted.. peoplease can also dodge or counter attack you during the wind up.

Relax and watch how many fails their are with this skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    The range of this skill is not too far.. you can be stunned mid flight prone confused interrupted.. peoplease can also dodge or counter attack you during the wind up.

Relax and watch how many fails their are with this skill

dem, you know as well as I do that some of the classes, despite their constant whining makes you wanna to slap them, are really powerless to stop SE from happening. To those classes it is admittedly severely unlikely for them to be able to escape that 30' (or was it 28'?) range to be able to avoid it.

Here's an example of a particular situation I remember. I was in a team with a BiS GWF, his skill and experience matching his gear level. On the enemy team was a TR. He was a MI Executioner. I, of course, am a WK. Every TR who is experienced knows that WKs are disadvantaged in the long run against MIs, so if this particular MI Exec was being constantly killed by me, you could probably imagine his skill level. I'm not a good player myself, in the first place. But despite that fact, this guy was constantly KOing our GWF every certain intervals, because he had the cloak, and he had the SigDiv. Every 2mins or so, like it or not, his AP is full, his SE is greenlighted, and as long as that happens our GWF is dead.

Things didn't matter when SE was impossible to dodge, but now that they are dodgeable, some classes having no way to avoid it is unfair. I think SE should be reverted back to the old design -- dependant on target HP level. Of course, I don't wish to see it as useless it was in mod4 where the base damage was much too low. IMO assuming mod5 standards, I'd expect it should hit for around 13k damage against someone with 100% HP, about 18k against someone at 50% HP, 23k against someone at 30% ... something like that.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    (ps) oh, and remove the goddarn stupid "double tap" feature you get when you kill with SE. It was a stupid idea. Who came up with that anyway?
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Others have commented on SE in this thread better than I can but I really truly hope that little snippet of 9:40 to 10:20 is not representative of how you play.

You were on 3 apparently battling an opponent till help for him arrived, so they start to cap 3, as this is happening you can see 1 is now all red. Where do you go? You go to 2 which has no enemies on it but is currently being capped by one of your team. The score is red sixhundred something, blue twohundred something. Do you get why that is so utterly horrible? And you come here to say that SE range is too much. Well that range wasn't helping you win the match, and that is what it is about, the **** win

Don't take any of this personally. Check this thread and while you are reading it, bear in mind that it is about playstyle AND NOT BUILD. I do not want to even get into the fact you are an MI Exe and do not have ITC slotted (omg all the times that HR had you rooted and forced the SF pop).

Again, nothing personal but I have wasted precious minutes of my life in domination with TRs (and other classes on my team but especially TRs) who run away from nodes instead of contesting them as long as possible, and who run right to non-contested nodes being capped by a team mate. Watching you run around off node in stealth while al three nodes were red was painful.

I am not saying this to troll you or make you feel bad or lessen your enjoyment of the game- indeed the opposite is true: I want that enjoyment enhanced for everyone by people playing to win.

You have an epic mount, you have profound gear, you have invested time and maybe money into this. It is so worth playing to win.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    (ps) oh, and remove the goddarn stupid "double tap" feature you get when you kill with SE. It was a stupid idea. Who came up with that anyway?

It is a gift for people who do not have the sigdev.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Others have commented on SE in this thread better than I can but I really truly hope that little snippet of 9:40 to 10:20 is not representative of how you play.

You were on 3 apparently battling an opponent till help for him arrived, so they start to cap 3, as this is happening you can see 1 is now all red. Where do you go? You go to 2 which has no enemies on it but is currently being capped by one of your team. The score is red sixhundred something, blue twohundred something. Do you get why that is so utterly horrible? And you come here to say that SE range is too much. Well that range wasn't helping you win the match, and that is what it is about, the **** win

Don't take any of this personally. Check this thread and while you are reading it, bear in mind that it is about playstyle AND NOT BUILD. I do not want to even get into the fact you are an MI Exe and do not have ITC slotted (omg all the times that HR had you rooted and forced the SF pop).

Again, nothing personal but I have wasted precious minutes of my life in domination with TRs (and other classes on my team but especially TRs) who run away from nodes instead of contesting them as long as possible, and who run right to non-contested nodes being capped by a team mate. Watching you run around off node in stealth while al three nodes were red was painful.

I am not saying this to troll you or make you feel bad or lessen your enjoyment of the game- indeed the opposite is true: I want that enjoyment enhanced for everyone by people playing to win.

You have an epic mount, you have profound gear, you have invested time and maybe money into this. It is so worth playing to win.

actually this wasnt me. it was a friend playing. i play really well and i almost always main a hr and most of my chars are male. js and also all my tr's are whisperknife because i so much disagree with shocking execution. and ive read the post many a times actually. but again i main a hr i almost always play a hr.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what is frustrating about is that you pretty much kill any sw/gwf who has no dodge with it, that's what is wrong with it.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dem, you know as well as I do that some of the classes, despite their constant whining makes you wanna to slap them, are really powerless to stop SE from happening. To those classes it is admittedly severely unlikely for them to be able to escape that 30' (or was it 28'?) range to be able to avoid it.

Here's an idea: Dodge.

Unless you're a GWF or SW, I don't see the problem.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    actually this wasnt me. it was a friend playing. i play really well and i almost always main a hr and most of my chars are male. js and also all my tr's are whisperknife because i so much disagree with shocking execution. and ive read the post many a times actually. but again i main a hr i almost always play a hr.

Ok ya. I came off really strong there but hopefully you understand how frustrating that is. To keep it on topic- I love playing my TR but things like SE make it a little boring after awhile. Three seriously OP powers for the MI EXE: SE, Lashing, and ITC. Braindead load out is smoke bomb, itc, lashing- duelist flurry and cloud of steel on at wills and SE and BB on dailies. That is a straight newb set up but throw in a dcsig, a vorpal and decent gear and give that to a above average skilled player and you have a locomotive engine that can pull an entire train of dim witted, low gs, ad scrounging, frightened pugs through to more victories than they really deserve lol. But all of us know this already, right?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Here's an idea: Dodge.

Unless you're a GWF or SW, I don't see the problem.

The simple solution for dodge-less classes is a encounter/passive/set bonus that does the same exact thing as Fox's Cunning- limited to the player, with a short cd and long duration.