test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill cooldowns of HR trapper

bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Wilds
Hi, my char is having some serious issues with his cooldowns outside foundries. To all HR trappers out there with Swiftness of the fox maxed, does this happen to me only or is someone else having the same problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3O0_xjmao

If anyone got this and was able to fix it somehow let me know - I already reported it twice but of course got no answer back.
Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
Post edited by bertrandx on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edit ............
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    to clarify, switfness of the fox reduce the cooldowns for enemy hit.
    in foundry what you are doing is abusing a foundry tool for imp spawning infinitely and in great number leading cooldown to be greater reduced.
    you can be banned for this and i would advice you to totally edit your post.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Can you go into detail when you say "for enemy hit" ? does that mean it reduces the cooldown for each enemy hit, or it reduces one time only for each hit by different encounters? I've seen a trapper with way less recovery than me hitting those dummies and being with his skills constantly up. All the trappers i asked they all say they always have their cooldowns to 0 after cycling through their skills.

About the foundry, I'm not abusing anything I'm playing a foundry that happens to have infinite spawn of mobs through those portals. I'm not removing anything, if I happen to be banned because of that and with my broken char, so be it.

I can post another video of me killing a lot of mobs in IWD for example and still getting bad cooldowns if you want.
  • Options
    mrsax93mrsax93 Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015
    yo, but isn't best the water of water of elah'zad than lanterns of revelation?
    and for info OT: pathfinder vs stormwarden ? xD pvp
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm stormwarden and have roughly 1.5k recovery for the info.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't care about the artifacts, I'm talking about cooldown issues here - all the other trappers seem to have their skills constantly up after cycling their skills with successful hits with 800 or 900 recovery. Why doesn't my char do the same? Can any of you explain ? Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    everything is working as supposed.
    it works for every enemy hit, the more you hit the more recharge speed you will have.
    you can only hit 3 dummies while at least 5 monsters in foundry.
    in pve hitting large number of monsters, perma encounters is possible with 0 recovery.

edit: it works even on party buffs like fox cunning. so the best recharge speed is achieved in party with fox cunning slotted.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'll post another vid and get back to this thread soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bertrandx wrote: »
    I'll post another vid and get back to this thread soon.
    if you are having problems, check that your friends arent wearing a royal guard set.
    moreover mod 6 will bring new cooldown reduction feat.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It looks to me like you are using fox cunning/ fox shift. This may be your problem. While fox shift is hitting multiple targets in melle stance it hit 0 doghnut nada no targets in ranged so you only have swiftness from 2 ranged attacks. Which stalls your recovery for the melle attacks and it cascades from there. In a target rich environment like that foundry it will not matter. But on dummies with only 3 available targets you get less procs and your encounters start to lag. Substitute something that hits in both range and melle and try the experiment again. You should be good.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Recovery sucks so badly for Trapper HR I'd rather take stack defense over it. For those who think you "almost have a permanent rotation" with recovery stacking, go do the maths, some proper testing, then come back and realise how much it sucks - fyi, the effectiveness of recovery is reduced by 15% * 3 * number of targets hit, which is usually around 75% at least, therefore, 10% recovery, which is a 5% cd reduction, is actually something like a 1% cd reduction on a single target. Yeaaaaah real useful.

Also OP, you have to hit a target for Swiftness to proc, and it procs for every target hit (initial strike only with aoe over-time skills such as Rain of Arrows).
    -
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I haven't had the opportunity to record what I wanted yet but I'll do it and post it here. You may be right about the Fox in melee stance skill not reducing cooldowns, but even with rain of arrows it still feels like my cooldowns are bad.

How about this, let's make an experiment, to all HR stormwarden trappers that read this (I take into consideration that it might be a stormwarden/pathfinder related thing even though it doesn't make sense at all) try to cycle Rain of Arrow, hindering shot and constricting arrow skills on dummies. Tell me your recovery and your cooldown times if you have any.

As for me, I have 1.5k recovery and get between 3-5 seconds of cooldowns.

I'm trying to figure out if it's only me or whether that is the normal gameplay for a HR trapper but I deeply suspect something's not working as it should. I can tell I've seen a pathfinder trapper cycling five or six times and constantly switching no cooldowns whatsoever on those dummies using Fox, hindering and constricting in front of me. And he had 900 recovery only.

My ultimate goal is to have pemanent rotation on dummies - that would be satisfying enough to me.

Thanks all for your inputs and opinions about this subject, they've been very helpful.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My current rotation is rain, hindering, constricting on dummies this is perma at recovery as low as 1700 or so until I run out of hindering cooldowns which ignore feats. I honestly have more recovery than I need (about 2300 spare recovery from gear I use for other stats). Practically in PVE you are also going to be moving, using dailies, etc. and most mobs won't survive more than a rotation or two. In PVP (different rotations naturally) the fight will be well over before you run out of steam. Honestly I think beyond testing on dummies 1500 recovery is good enough for the available content.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bertrandx wrote: »
    I haven't had the opportunity to record what I wanted yet but I'll do it and post it here. You may be right about the Fox in melee stance skill not reducing cooldowns, but even with rain of arrows it still feels like my cooldowns are bad.

How about this, let's make an experiment, to all HR stormwarden trappers that read this (I take into consideration that it might be a stormwarden/pathfinder related thing even though it doesn't make sense at all) try to cycle Rain of Arrow, hindering shot and constricting arrow skills on dummies. Tell me your recovery and your cooldown times if you have any.

As for me, I have 1.5k recovery and get between 3-5 seconds of cooldowns.

I'm trying to figure out if it's only me or whether that is the normal gameplay for a HR trapper but I deeply suspect something's not working as it should. I can tell I've seen a pathfinder trapper cycling five or six times and constantly switching no cooldowns whatsoever on those dummies using Fox, hindering and constricting in front of me. And he had 900 recovery only.

My ultimate goal is to have pemanent rotation on dummies - that would be satisfying enough to me.

Thanks all for your inputs and opinions about this subject, they've been very helpful.

Please read what I said about Swiftness procing on each target hit.

If you go to Trade of Blades, which you can count as a 3-size mob, you will have no cooldowns as long as you hit targets around 5-6 times (i.e. you hit 3 targets with Steel Breeze = counts as a 45% reduction in cooldowns). Stacking recovery is doing it wrong - I can get a permanent rotation on mobs with 0 recovery. Even on a single target, recovery effectiveness is reduced by at least 45%; 20% recovery (usually a 10% cd reduction) is only a 5% cd reduction after swiftness applications.

Don't get fooled into thinking recovery is a good stat atm for Trapper HRs. If you know how Swiftness works, you'll realise it's more worth taking 2% crit severity over 250 recovery in the IWD boons at the very least, and reducing any recovery stacking to 0.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Limited not useless. As I pointed out bertrandx is likely experiencing test issue due to number of targets hit and choice of encouters, sure. And yes Swiftness is awesome. Sure don't stack boons for it. Sometimes there are not several targets available. Sometimes the dragongaurd pops it's shield and nulls your attack. If you have to use an at-will instead of an encounter how much DPS did you lose? Again I have more than I need from equiipment I picked for other stats/ bonuses. Mod6's new feats might make it entirely obsolete. I have not tested and I have not been paying attention to my recovery either. But with trapper you don't need much....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey,

Just want to let you know that my cooldowns seem to have been fixed. I changed the Wis belt artifact to the black ice belt, the one that gives INT/CHA instead and even though the recovery speed % is slightly lesser my cooldowns are most of the time up and working to a point that I can PvP decently again. That, or PW read my bug report and did something to fix the problem. I agree with you when you say recovery in mod5 is useless to achieve perma rotation.

In any case, all of this conversation will be obselete in a few days and lots of new stuff to reduce even more our cooldowns will be available. So I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you for your participation in this topic.
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Your skill rotation is your problem Use Fox cunning, constricting arrow, Hindering shot. Then hit tab and cycle back through. As long as you hit someone your cool downs will always be reset.
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    Your skill rotation is your problem Use Fox cunning, constricting arrow, Hindering shot. Then hit tab and cycle back through. As long as you hit someone your cool downs will always be reset.

And if you're a Stormwarden add in a disrupting shot somewhere to take advantage of stormsteps proc. Also helps ensure a full rotation is up when you switch around.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder