test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Dev Blog: New Artifact Gear and Item Changes

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in News & Announcements
With Neverwinter: Elemental Evil will come brand-new pieces of artifact gear that will be invaluable for questing through the Elemental Evil storyline as well as surviving the perilous level 70 dungeons. We recently had the chance to talk to the Neverwinter development team about the new artifact gear coming to Neverwinter and wanted to share our findings with our beloved community.

For more information, check the blog below:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9113833-neverwinter-dev-blog%3A-new-artifact-gear-and-item-changes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While adventurers may find it difficult to say goodbye to their trusty Golden Dragon Weapon that has served them from level 60 to 70, they can take heart that refining their Golden Dragon Weapons into their Elemental Fire weapons will lead to a substantial gain in personal power. Artifact Weapons will also retain approximately 75% of their refinement progress.

That line needs to be updated. Refining the Golden Dragon weapon into the Elemental Fire weapon only yields 40% of your refinement progress. If you refine a Legendary weapon into the new one, it'll give you approximately 1.8 million out of the 4.6 million needed to reach Legendary.

EDIT: Unless a change is being made that's not currently up on the preview server, which would definitely be welcomed.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I couldn't understand all that part about customization, wizards and paladins. We knew there was new artifact gear, we knew you changed gear score to item level, and like ironzerg said, that 75% figure is incorrect. So what was this all about? Bottom line is that we continue with the tedious refining?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah, what are those references to pen and paper all about?

i don't get what it has to do with refining artifact gear

the artifact bonus powers i guess?
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yess more refining i love it thanks devs

regards
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They say '75% of their refinement progress', talking about the level of the artefact (see pictures). TBH, they seem to take us for fools, bc we dont get 75% of RP invested, but 40%.

They could troll us even more by coding the new artefact gear, so you will get it to lvl 59 with 40% of RP and making the last level cost 60% of RP. Now we would have more than 95% item progress, yay.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if we got 75% then during x2 rp it would be instant max lvl...

Maybe they intend to give us 75% later..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm.belts drop VT and LoL.So they find way to get rid of heralds reward collectors :)
    So what Heralds reward give?when belts are removed.
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The article gave the impression that we would be getting 75% of our investment back but instead they played with math and tried to feed us less favorable results based on item level. The item levels doesn't take into account the massive increase in RP cost as you get closer to lvl 60. That's really amateur/poor business etiquette right there if true.
    23uvq8m.png
  • akeel3akeel3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi
    Any idea when server will be on again "i see there is no notification is it juts broke"?

Thx
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm.belts drop VT and LoL.So they find way to get rid of heralds reward collectors :)
    So what Heralds reward give?when belts are removed.

ATM heralds are dropping artifact belts , the last 2 I got was a Greater belt of the Seladrine and the belt from the new Lostmauth set.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • nandarinnandarin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    setimoselo wrote: »
    The article gave the impression that we would be getting 75% of our investment back but instead they played with math and tried to feed us less favorable results based on item level. The item levels doesn't take into account the massive increase in RP cost as you get closer to lvl 60. That's really amateur/poor business etiquette right there if true.

Thars exactly what i thought... It's looking like PWI wants to get rid of their NW playerbase. I mean the player support is no help at all, the server got periodically connection issues, they obviously lie to us telling that we get 75% when it is 40%, etc. I remeber a post that said the artefact gear will just get higher ranks, instead of being replaced and kinda destroying our work. PWI if you dont want to keep up your game, stop updating it, people will leave if they get to bored. But if you want to keep your playerbase, start caring about your customers, because what you are doing right now is definetily not ok.
  • rescout1rescout1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    DEVS please, i just wanna know why all artifacts (paladin, vanguard, white dragon heart) give 4000 hitpoints and the artifact of Great Weapon Fighter dont ??? current on module 5 it is the better for hitpoints giving 1800. why nerf ??

* Please balance this, put 4000 hitpoints.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to say, I am really happy I did not invest into getting the Dragon artifacts and such being that they will now be a "meh" item to refine. However, I think this gives a lot of new adventurers time to get their items together, provided they can work as a team to accomplish things within the game.

Ihope they keep it hard and finally make the game a "trinity" based system instead of the face tank from every class mess we currently are use to.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • smokinskeletorsmokinskeletor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    That line needs to be updated. Refining the Golden Dragon weapon into the Elemental Fire weapon only yields 40% of your refinement progress. If you refine a Legendary weapon into the new one, it'll give you approximately 1.8 million out of the 4.6 million needed to reach Legendary.

EDIT: Unless a change is being made that's not currently up on the preview server, which would definitely be welcomed.

I think you are understanding it wrong. You will not get 75% of the new artifacts RP but 75% of what you put into it, so if you put 1 million into old artifact you will only get 750k RP for the new artifact.
    Sounds even worse now huh?
  • chroococcichroococci Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nope, ironzerg79 was right.
  • lordsatanislordsatanis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well well well, another screw the paying player.
    I was going to purchase some bags for my characters, the way it was I could transfer them as they were account bound.
    Now the greed bug has hit and they made them character bound, If i'm wrong on this please let me know.
    because if I delete a character I sure don't want to lose 6,10,or 16 dollars
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rescout1 wrote: »
    DEVS please, i just wanna know why all artifacts (paladin, vanguard, white dragon heart) give 4000 hitpoints and the artifact of Great Weapon Fighter dont ??? current on module 5 it is the better for hitpoints giving 1800. why nerf ??

* Please balance this, put 4000 hitpoints.

Ha! The DEV even acknowledged this back on preview a while back. So nothing was done about it? Laziness...