test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chat settings & Command Line switches

blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
I'm unable to test myself in the Preview server (will save that portion for another thread), but I am hoping that perhaps a couple of these things are enabled or fixed already. Since I can find no discussion about it, I thought I'd ask if anyone has noticed any changes. And ask the devs to consider implementing if it's not on their radar.

1. Chat Option Setting to View Zone Number

I came to this game from STO about a year ago now. In STO's chat options, you have the ability to view the zone number of the person posting. This drives me absolutely crazy here in NW; the two games share the same chat window, but not the same settings. You can't see what zone people are in.

This is particularly frustrating in Tiamat or events - a proportionately high amount of players use the zone chat instead of the say chat, so you don't know where they are, to whom they're speaking, etc.

2. Re-enable Broken Command Line Switches

OK, I'm a scrying stone seeker, and a lore lover. I am also horrible about finding some of the well-hidden ones on my own. I used /showCamPos extensively to find these (the wiki entries generally show the map coordinates). A few patches ago, this command line switch became broken, and I can't view the camera position any more. Lost... <sigh>

I believe /ShowFPS was also broken, although there is /FPSGraph that can be used to get around it. There may be others, although I personally only used these two. Are they fixed on Preview?