test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unicornicopia: Feedback wanted

overoceaoverocea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
So... it's happened. I've finally finished my first foundry.
...that was almost alliteration!

Lalaland.png

Unicornicopia

Description: Visit the forest of the unicorns to solve the mystery of where they've gone. Twists and turns, betrayal and intrigue, all in a mystical map of magic.
ID: NW-DP5NX73D6
Duration: 15-20 minutes

This is a solo adventure attempting to balance plot, combat and a little bit of puzzling. There may be more story than combat.. there is a bit of reading but it's not necessary or anything.

As of posting it's in for review.. I'm the only one who's played it, so I'd really like some feedback. I'm thinking there are probably blind spots.

For example~
I played it with a TR and it seemed fine, then played it with a cleric and wow, no. So I've lightened up the combat heaps but now I'm worried it's too light (like all first foundriers I'm sure). So that's something I'd really like to hear back on.

The other thing is.. I posted a few days ago about a couple of my NPCs being too tall for the zoom-in dialog. So with the first horse you talk to I've put him on a platform. You might notice him jumping around during the dialog itself.. this is so you can actually see his face while you're zoomed in. I'm wondering if the jumping around is worth it, because it's pretty noticeable and might be perceived as being buggy. Maybe it would be preferable to just stare at his chest. I don't know >_<
I'm also concerned about the possibility of people getting trapped when the platform reappears at the end of the dialog. It hasn't happened so far (and I've tried) but please flag it with me if it does.

The music is bugging in some places :/ I'm not sure how to fix that.
also the quest path is seriously.. ahem. yeah. If anyone has any tips for making it behave that'd be so great. I've tried putting invisible walls in the way, objects, waypoints... etc. nothing works! argh!

and anything else I've missed, of course.

Please leave your foundry code here to trade reviews. I'm on a foundry spree now that I'm into this, and really looking into everyone else's techniques.. so bring it. :)
Post edited by overocea on

Comments

• asasinxasasinx Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have played your foundry with my lvl 60 DC. You have some things you might wanna fix.
    First of all fix the dialogue with the first maiden encountered because after the first line she will disappear and you cant read the second dialogue.
    Second of all when interacting with objects you might wanna change the interact thingy with "look for clues" or "read journal". It is something foundry authors usually prefer.
    When following the blood trail , you might wanna add some blood stains here and there.
    You need to fix the pit fiend because he will disappear right the dialogue is finished.
    Also you have some details here and there but it feels like is kinda empty.
    Not gonna comment on english mistakes because I'm not so good myself.
    Combat was really , really easy.

If you want to try my foundry: "Dead World" NW-DRXN33XBK