test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Bug Report] HR Rooting duration not working correctly.

dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Character: level 60 HR.
    • Hindering shot (3/3):
    Weak Grasping Roots tethers the target such that they cannot move past ~30 feet away from the anchor point (where they were when hit with this ability).
    • Constricting Arrow (3/3):
    Fire an arrow at your opponent, causing vines to constrict around them and all foes near them.
    Duration: approx 2.5 seconds
    • Binding Arrow (3/3)
    : Fire an arrow at your opponent, binding them with Strong Grasping Roots. If another foe is directly behind them, it will bind them as well. Duration: approx 2.5 seconds

Tested above without any points placed in stormwarden paragon line or feats.
    Hindering strike did not place weak grasping roots on target dummy. Duration of strong grasping roots duration was approx 2.5 - 3 seconds.

Tested again with the following paragon feat:
    • Ancient Roots
    : (5/5) Your Weak grasping roots now last .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds longer. Your strong grasping roots now last 1/2/3/4/5 seconds longer. This benefit is halved on players

The duration of my Hindering shot, constricting shot, and binding arrow have not increase as the above Ancient roots description states..
    Here is a link of testing the 3 above encounter powers with each encounter power with 3/3 and ancient roots 5/5. As you can see from the video and timing of the attack they are not lasting as described.

HR Root Test Video

Hindering shot should last approx. 5-5.5 seconds (2.5 initial + 2.5 Ancient roots = 5-5.5 seconds)

Constricting Shot should last approx. 7.5-8 seconds (2.5 base + 5 Ancient Roots = 7.5-8 Seconds)

Binding Arrow should last approx. 7.5-8 Seconds (2.5 base + 5 Ancient Roots = 7.5-8 Seconds)

Hindering shot is not working properly.. As the video shows, no weak grasping roots were applied as the video shows.

If you count the seconds when Constricting shot was applied in the video, it only lasts 3 seconds instead of the intended 7.5-8 seconds like it is supposed too..

If you also count the seconds when binding arrow is applied in the video it aslo only lasted approx 3 seconds instead of the 7.5-8 seconds like it was supposed to with the ancient roots at 5/5..

Could we please get this issue addressed and fixed before mod 6 is released..

I would like to ask any other players who also play a Hunter ranger stormwarden trapper build to please test this and put your results as well so that it can be verified as a general HR problem.
    5790248SLdyC.png
    Post edited by dyeslee on

Comments

• Options
      outworldlydemonoutworldlydemon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      I also play a HR stormwarden trapper and I will test out the issue. Will post in a bit

I definitely did notice that my Strong Grasping Roots weren't rooting for the full duration. I attributed it to my enemies being lvl 60 and having some sort of end game tenacity perhaps

Will test it out on the dummies and report.

EDIT: I just tested it out twice, once at the dummies in Protector's Enclave and then at the dummies in Caer-Konig. The CC from the grasping roots from Binding Arrow, Hindering Arrow and Constricting shot are lasting as intended. So I went to your video. The CC also seems to last as intended. Count the DoT, it should tick 7 times for strong grasping roots.

EDIT2: I counted the seconds in your video. The cc from binding arrow lasted 7 seconds. The DoT also procced 7 times. The cc from constricting arrow also lasted 7 seconds. The DoT also procced 7 times.
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      I just watched my video again and if you look at the timeline on the video, you will see that the strong grasping roots are NOT lasting 7 seconds..
      The first initial encounter power used was the constricting roots, thorn roots applied at the 10 second mark and ended on the 14 second mark.. only 4 second duration, not 7-8 seconds.. (which would have been the 10 sec. mark to the 17 sec mark)

The second shot is Binding arrow. again thorn roots applied at the 19 second mark and ended on the 23 second mark on the timeline.. again only 4 seconds not 7-8 seconds.. (which would have been the 19 sec mark to the 26 sec. mark)

I don't know how you can call that 7 seconds when it only lasted 4 legit seconds (unless your counting really fast 7..)
      Simple math on the video timeline marks prove its only 4 seconds.. 14 - 10 = 4, 23 -19 = 4
      This needs to be fixed to last the appropriate amount of time as per Ancient roots describes.

I also tested the 3 above encounter powers with ancient roots on a few of the mobs in Dread ring. again same results. only a 4 second duration (which did hold the mob in place, just not the full 7-8 seconds as it should) and hindering shot never caused the mob to be restricted movement as per Hindering shot is supposed to work.

(tested on Large golem, one of the Large devil types, a couple of caster/sorcerers, ALL with the same 4 second results before they were able to move and attack again, also which the hindering shot was not keeping the mobs "rubberbanded/restricted movement for the duration of its effect).

If you would like I will make a few more video's showing the above to prove that the Ancient Roots paragon feat is not lasting as intended, At least not on my char. If this is the case then I will send a PM to panderus and also put in a game support ticket that this is affecting my character only.

I would still like to hear from other HR's in this regards to see if this is only my character that is being affected by the shortened duration or if its also affecting other HR players..
      5790248SLdyC.png
    • Options
      blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      bumpity bump bump
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      still no response from the Dev's on this issue even after sending PM's to them
      5790248SLdyC.png
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      and ofc adding this thread linked in the last 5 patch notes release and no response from them on it..
      5790248SLdyC.png
    • Options
      blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      dyeslee wrote: »
      and ofc adding this thread linked in the last 5 patch notes release and no response from them on it..

i wonder if we ever will.
    • Options
      buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
      edited May 2015
      yes it doesnt last very long. I even up my controlduration and im 13% +buffs (on off hand weapon power) even tested it it on icewindale pvp and pve.. and dummies on PE...its fake.
    • Options
      rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      At least when testing do it properly.
      Ancient root is working.
      The root lasts the right time.
      The root animation lasts like mot having ancient root. Its just animation.
      Control bonus as stat is another thing. That is broken on roots period.
    • Options
      dianafarhandianafarhan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Character: level 60 HR.
        • Hindering shot (3/3):
        Weak Grasping Roots tethers the target such that they cannot move past ~30 feet away from the anchor point (where they were when hit with this ability).
        • Constricting Arrow (3/3):
        Fire an arrow at your opponent, causing vines to constrict around them and all foes near them.
        Duration: approx 2.5 seconds
        • Binding Arrow (3/3)
        : Fire an arrow at your opponent, binding them with Strong Grasping Roots. If another foe is directly behind them, it will bind them as well. Duration: approx 2.5 seconds

Tested above without any points placed in stormwarden paragon line or feats.
        Hindering strike did not place weak grasping roots on target dummy. Duration of strong grasping roots duration was approx 2.5 - 3 seconds.

Tested again with the following paragon feat:
        • Ancient Roots
        : (5/5) Your Weak grasping roots now last .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds longer. Your strong grasping roots now last 1/2/3/4/5 seconds longer. This benefit is halved on players

The duration of my Hindering shot, constricting shot, and binding arrow have not increase as the above Ancient roots description states..
        Here is a link of testing the 3 above encounter powers with each encounter power with 3/3 and ancient roots 5/5. As you can see from the video and timing of the attack they are not lasting as described.

HR Root Test Video

Hindering shot should last approx. 5-5.5 seconds (2.5 initial + 2.5 Ancient roots = 5-5.5 seconds)

Constricting Shot should last approx. 7.5-8 seconds (2.5 base + 5 Ancient Roots = 7.5-8 Seconds)

Binding Arrow should last approx. 7.5-8 Seconds (2.5 base + 5 Ancient Roots = 7.5-8 Seconds)

Hindering shot is not working properly.. As the video shows, no weak grasping roots were applied as the video shows.

If you count the seconds when Constricting shot was applied in the video, it only lasts 3 seconds instead of the intended 7.5-8 seconds like it is supposed too..

If you also count the seconds when binding arrow is applied in the video it aslo only lasted approx 3 seconds instead of the 7.5-8 seconds like it was supposed to with the ancient roots at 5/5..

Could we please get this issue addressed and fixed before mod 6 is released..

I would like to ask any other players who also play a Hunter ranger stormwarden trapper build to please test this and put your results as well so that it can be verified as a general HR problem.

Diana LVL 70 HR
        Tested on Pathfinder and Stormwarder
        Verdict-Duration not as meant to be(shortened)
      • Options
        hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
        edited May 2015
        I'm seeing maybe a 1-second root at most from Constricting Arrow.
        Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
        Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
        Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
        Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
        The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
        My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        8 Weeks of waiting and patch notes posting., Nothing...
        5790248SLdyC.png
      • Options
        edited June 2015
        9 WEEKS and still nothing.. Getting pretty **** pathetic with their lack of a longtime issue to address, respond, and or fix.. The Devs are really losing credability on a steep slippery slope over a deep abyssal ravine with us players... you guys need to step it up....
        5790248SLdyC.png
      • Options
        buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
        edited June 2015
        i think the it wont be fix until a new rebalance on other classes will be done... dont get me wrong im a HR too.. but a perma root hr that can dish out 1 encounter in another will be so overpowered.. also having control resist/duration attribute not being fix for the longer time.. Its more likely we HRs get a revamp/nerfed skill tree change than a accurate non buggy skils... False advertising to keep players not from leaving is needed and the additional bugs and exloits to make each character playable...

So imagine your lvl 70 character w/c you tweak to the point of mystic artifacts and legendary artifact equipment. HOping to get that fix.... but instead of fixing it they put the a bug/exploit to make you not quit.. IN our case reduced damage, increase recharge speed and nerf control strength. thats the hr is now. IM not saying stop this thread.(i urged you to keep at it) BUt be reasonably wise it will it may not happen.
      • Options
        edited June 2015
        i will try again.
        its working fine. Jut the animation of the root ( the branch around the enemy ) does not last the full duration but the root does !
        ancient roots is working.

additional control bonus is not working.

armor pen on thorned roots is not working.

and with this i hope i brought i bit of clarification
      • Options
        edited June 2015
        I will test this again 2day shortly..
        And yes I will record it and check the duration as well..
        If it is not holding mobs for the correct amount of time, well then expect me to continue to keep this thread added to each and every patch notes till eventually it does get addressed and fixed..
        5790248SLdyC.png
      • Options
        edited June 2015
        testing done and extremely happy that the ancient roots duration issues are finally resolved and working correctly.. This post can be finally put on dormant mode until the next mod or future patch notes that may interfere with the rooting issue again LOL :)..

Thank you dev's for getting this long 3 month problem resolved..
        5790248SLdyC.png
      • Options
        edited June 2015
        testing done and extremely happy that the ancient roots duration issues are finally resolved and working correctly.. This post can be finally put on dormant mode until the next mod or future patch notes that may interfere with the rooting issue again LOL :)..

Thank you dev's for getting this long 3 month problem resolved..
        let me say that it was never broken but to see you finally happy makes me happy too so nevermind