test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power vs Attack/Healing

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
What is the relationship between Power stat (points) and Attack/Healing stat (points)?

I have seen some characters with about 6k Power whose Attack Healing is 11k or more. However, I have seen others with 6k Power with only about 8.5k Attack/Healing. I have always wondered why the differences?
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Were you looking at DCs? Maybe they have bonus healing from WIS/feats.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Weapon base damage e.g. is an important factor, also class ofc. So much stuff that influences this...

...look here, here and here for several rather complete treatises on that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Wow - those links have a LOT of info! Thanks!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ok. Even after looking at all the links I am still confused, especially when it comes to my CW (my secondary character to my main).

My CW has about 6.2k power, but attack/healing is only about 8.8k. I saw another CW with 4.2k power with attack/healing of 11.5k!!!

Does anyone know what I am missing here?

• Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^Intelligence and the feat for bonus damage from intelligence perhaps?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also look at what weapon you have and what the other has. Probably both the Artifact weapon, but note that it's base damage goes up like 6% from green to orange, which is a direct modifier. Also crit probability and severity is IIRC figured into the score. Next look at what weapon enchant is socketed: Some give higher % boons than others, and ofc the grade of the enchant (lesser, no-prefix, gerater,...) also ups damage as a direct %age.

Those are three factors that you should look at. Now, if you're wielding an orange ArtiOrb with a PWhatever, then something is apperently subpar...

Finally the Dam/Heal scores are known to be not absolutely correct. E.g. an augment pet's stats are completely ignored...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also look at what weapon you have and what the other has. Probably both the Artifact weapon, but note that it's base damage goes up like 6% from green to orange, which is a direct modifier. Also crit probability and severity is IIRC figured into the score. Next look at what weapon enchant is socketed: Some give higher % boons than others, and ofc the grade of the enchant (lesser, no-prefix, gerater,...) also ups damage as a direct %age.

Those are three factors that you should look at. Now, if you're wielding an orange ArtiOrb with a PWhatever, then something is apperently subpar...

Finally the Dam/Heal scores are known to be not absolutely correct. E.g. an augment pet's stats are completely ignored...

I compared another CW this morning. I had MUCH higher power, critical, and armor pen than the other CW, but our attack/healing was close to the same. The other CW did have an artifact weapon (which I don't), but our base damage range was exactly the same (his artifact was not that high leveled). The ONLY thing this other CW had higher than mine was Recovery, but I don't see how that should make a huge increase in attack/healing rating.

I'm so confused . . .

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I compared another CW this morning. I had MUCH higher power, critical, and armor pen than the other CW, but our attack/healing was close to the same. The other CW did have an artifact weapon (which I don't), but our base damage range was exactly the same (his artifact was not that high leveled). The ONLY thing this other CW had higher than mine was Recovery, but I don't see how that should make a huge increase in attack/healing rating.

I'm so confused . . .

did you take in account AP gain, did they have a ap gain cloak + dc sigal? AP pets and/or pets that contribute to damage?

There is more then base gear stats that increase damage. Feats, class features ect.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

I'm so confused . . .

What is you INT stat? I checked last night and my CW with 24 int has 5.5k power and 10,500 attack/healing with a blue artifact weapon. Recovery, armor pen, and crit should have nothing to do with your attack/healing, they are separate stats.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »
    What is you INT stat? I checked last night and my CW with 24 int has 5.5k power and 10,500 attack/healing with a blue artifact weapon. Recovery, armor pen, and crit should have nothing to do with your attack/healing, they are separate stats.

My CW has 25 INT, over 6k power, but only around 8k attack/healing. This is a real enigma to me . . .