test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some CW Bugs

abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
There are a few very important CW Bugs that need to be addressed before Module 6 launch.

Bug: Glacial Movement

This feat only gives a control bonus of 20% to Orb of Imposition. It does NOT give 20% per rank of Orb of Imposition. This is a major bug. This bug is the primary reason CW's are choosing Renegade and Thaumaturge over Oppressor. There is very little difference in control capability between Oppressor and Renegade/Thaum so why bother with Oppressor? This bug is the main problem. If you want to return CW's to control oriented builds rather than damage monsters this feat needs to be fixed. With the high control resist many of the enemies have in Mod 6 there is no prayer of controlling mobs for any duration unless this is fixed.

Bug: Shatter

After an enemy is frozen they have a chance to be stunned when taking damage. The problem is the stun happens while the enemy is already frozen. They happen simultaneously so there is no benefit whatsoever. The only way to get the stun to happen after the freeze is if no one attacks the frozen enemy for the duration of the freeze. That will never, ever, ever happen in a group setting.

Bug: Icy Terrain

Two bugs: Rank 4 of this spell increases the recharge time of the spell by 3 seconds instead of decreasing it by 2 seconds. Also, frozen enemies are immune to damage from Icy Terrain.

There are many other bugs still out there. But these are, in my opinion, the most major ones in need of fixing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by abaddon523 on

Comments

• Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    as a long time oppressor cw i actually saw that on prev the major bug is actually the control bonus, it does not work, a 160% gives like a 2 sec stun with stealtime. very very disappointing
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone else noticing that they can not freeze targets with COI (tabbed) & Chilling Cloud?
    For me the chills stack to 6, but no freeze occurs. I am able to freeze if I use Icy Terrain.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    conduit of ice and chilling cloud do not freeze, they never did.

only spells that say they freeze, freeze.

try icy terrain and/or ray of frost.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would be a good boost to the control aspect of wizards if,aside from fixing the aforementioned bugs,the devs made it so that enemies froze whenever they reached 6 stacks of chill,regardless of the spell hitting them. As things stand you have to hit enemies with either Ray of Frost or Icy terrain,to freeze them. However if this change was implemented ,then a combination of Conduit of Ice and chill cloud,could freeze them as well.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    conduit of ice and chilling cloud do not freeze, they never did.

only spells that say they freeze, freeze.

try icy terrain and/or ray of frost.

You know I hadn't noticed that. It's been so long since I used them for anything other than chill stacks.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    etelgrin wrote: »
    Well I logged in to preview today andI've got Icy Veins at 5th rank, and did icy terrain, it worked all was frozen solid. However I tried with the Conduit of Ice, and according to desription each time you use and encounter it should give them 5 stacks of chill, then at least one from CoI and therefore freeze, but this did not occur.

The only spells that can freeze an enemy are Ray of Frost and Icy Terrain. All other spells just add stacks of Chill up to 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it Add 5 stacks of Chill to targets 15' near you, whats i think is a really small distance =(. maybe when u are casting CoI u are to far from the target
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    digolift wrote: »
    it Add 5 stacks of Chill to targets 15' near you, whats i think is a really small distance =(. maybe when u are casting CoI u are to far from the target

15' is tiny... icy terrain is 20' and is a very very small area (a lot less than the visual ground effect)

try it standing on top of a dummy. may be range is just ridiculously small, or that skill may be flat broken...
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any of these bugs fixed yet?!
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Any of these bugs fixed yet?!

Chill bug isn't. Standing next to a dummy in Dread Ring, all skills with 3 levels of Icy Veins: CoI: full duration, no freeze. Steal Time (3 ticks of chill from Icy Veins) + feated Sudden Storm (5 ticks of Chill) = no freeze. CoI followed by feated Sudden Storm = no freeze. CoI followed by Chilling Cloud = no freeze.

Use Icy terrain, it freezes.

Pretty much exactly as predecessors described.
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Chill bug isn't. Standing next to a dummy in Dread Ring, all skills with 3 levels of Icy Veins: CoI: full duration, no freeze. Steal Time (3 ticks of chill from Icy Veins) + feated Sudden Storm (5 ticks of Chill) = no freeze. CoI followed by feated Sudden Storm = no freeze. CoI followed by Chilling Cloud = no freeze.

Use Icy terrain, it freezes.
    Pretty much exactly as predecessors described.
    There's also Ray of Frost but it's single target.

Add Freeze capability to Chilling Cloud third strike could help a lot.

edit:

Shatter Strike: Shatter effect
    On Ennemis with high control resist, most of the dangerous mob on mod6, the freeze duration is too short to proc Shatter on them (worth than in PvP). And the damage part is too tiny in PvE in comparison to the damage done at level 70, it don't feel like a cap stone.
    It could help if the damage part proc at 100% at the start of the freeze effect and change the stun to have a chance to proc at the end of the freeze effect.
    And for the damage, why not increase it to 400% or 500% of weapon damage while keeping the 5% max HP limit. So damage won't change in PvP when it will hit a lot harder in PvE.

edit #2 : it seem that Shatter can proc more than once per Freeze but it's very rare as the proc rate is low. And, it shouldn't be the case.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »

Bug: Icy Terrain

Two bugs: Rank 4 of this spell increases the recharge time of the spell by 3 seconds instead of decreasing it by 2 seconds. Also, frozen enemies are immune to damage from Icy Terrain.

Rank 4 icy terrain bug still exists on live server.
    Please fix it!
  • Options
    jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2015
    Rank 4 Entangling Force is broken as a spell mastery. It no longer pulls all nearby enemies, only the one targeted.
  • Options
    beerbellybillybeerbellybilly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nathyiel wrote: »
    There's also Ray of Frost but it's single target.

Add Freeze capability to Chilling Cloud third strike could help a lot.

How could I get Chilling Cloud to freeze exactly?

Thx in advance!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How could I get Chilling Cloud to freeze exactly?

Thx in advance!

It can't freeze things, only stack or refresh chill.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1