test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

one shot by trs (no, not what you think)

shadowlurckershadowlurcker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Discussion
so countless posts by angry ppl crying for been one shot by trs and trs been op.
hmm... well lets see

A is it possible you go to pvp with no pvp gear? no tenacity?

B it is possible you have no pvp build and you think your great pve build can help you at pvp?

C is it possible you have no clue what you are doing at pvp and you just run around like a headless chicken?

if you answered yes to one of the questions above well my friend he problem is not the tr but you!

yes some tr mechanics are broken and should be fixed but the same goes for other (god forbid to mention) other classes mechanics been broken too.

for some reason i see only the un-experienced so called pvp players cry about trs here. havent seen any posts by a true pvper crying about trs why you may ask? because they adapt! they change builds, they learn trs mechanics, they practice with their tr friends to see how to counter trs at fight and how to deal with them. but i guess it is way easier to write a post about op trs in 1 min then spending half an hour fighting 1v1 with a fellow tr to lern how to deal with trs.
Post edited by shadowlurcker on

Comments

• Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The reason you don't see "top" players complain about it is:
    1. They rolled a TR or were TR.
    2. It's pointless wasting energy on this forum, devs don't read it.

You should watch some streams of top TRs, you will see them do inhouse pvp or premade vs premade where both sides max geared.
    dazing strike = 10k crit into shocking exek 40k crit = 50k dmg within 2sec

Msg any of the top players who are not TR and they will reply with the same whine amount.
  • Options
    dearhklaat666dearhklaat666 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I may not be on the top 10 pages of pvp(more around pages 30-50 depending on how much playtime i get in during the work week), But I do Feel that a fix is in order as far as TRS abilities ignoring Defense(if thats really the issue) getting one shot on a DC with 56.5K Hps seems a bit extreme, but it happens more often then youd think possible.. sometimes by TR's with fairly low GS too, but lucky for me.. most trs are brainless and just out for blood so much they just run themselves to death on the chains of blazing light i surround myself with when facing them.WHINE!!!
  • Options
    leonylbleonylb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Due to plethora of people blaming/ arguing the OPness or TR so I have created a TR during the 2x experience event and maxed it up to level 60. Here I can afford a few example how TR works. Apparently, I'm 10k, pvp grim sets, slotted with a weapon enchantment (lesser plague fire). With this 2 feats basically I can stay perma/ excape being targeted: swift footwork and twillight adept.

Here the magic begins with executioner path. Have tried more/ less around 100 times pvp (from 1-60) with this new toon. Short story, I can instantly kill these 3 classes (cw, hr, sw and sometime dc: below 18k) with 3 combos: Lashing Blade, Dazing Strike, and follow by smoke bomb/ impossible to catch. Despite they can dodge my combo, I can stealth again, rise and shine, repeat the above combo. The most funny part is I managed to kill a GF with 18kGS purified black ice set. I 'm not sure this is bug or glitch while in stealth all my damage are 100% crit chance. During stealh - used my lashing blade >10k damaged, dazing strike 3-5k (not really remembered) and eventually with smoke bomb then hit him a few time with cloud of steel after that SHADOW of DEMISE- BOOM!!!! ....the GF was dead. Hahaha
    Even pvp with 20k++ players, TR still have an advantages: stay perma at the node, when your perma bar is low hide behind the pillar and shift 2/3 times the bar is fulled again ~~ As long as I dont attacked them I 'm able to hold the node without getting kill, even 2 or 3 players deperately try to figure out where am I :)

Maybe you can compliment my play skill. But TR for the time being, I think they have slight advantages towards other classes in PvP thorough my experimentation. Unless, I am fighting another TR - either I kill him or vice versa.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this i by far the less needed threat within the last few month, congrats
  • Options
    ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    moar tr's telling us its a l2p issue, what a ****ing joke
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so countless posts by angry ppl crying for been one shot by trs and trs been op.
    hmm... well lets see

B it is possible you have no pvp build and you think your great pve build can help you at pvp?

C is it possible you have no clue what you are doing at pvp and you just run around like a headless chicken?

if you answered yes to one of the questions above well my friend he problem is not the tr but you!

yes some tr mechanics are broken and should be fixed but the same goes for other (god forbid to mention) other classes mechanics been broken too.

for some reason i see only the un-experienced so called pvp players cry about trs here. havent seen any posts by a true pvper crying about trs why you may ask? because they adapt! they change builds, they learn trs mechanics, they practice with their tr friends to see how to counter trs at fight and how to deal with them. but i guess it is way easier to write a post about op trs in 1 min then spending half an hour fighting 1v1 with a fellow tr to lern how to deal with trs.

Lets do this the simple way mkay.
    You bring any of your so called *practiced friends or yourself with any class but Tr or Faithful Dc and I bring a 21k gs Tr,
    If you want to bring some hard *practiced exerianced lower gs character to prove your worth and how easy it is to counter Trs plx feel free and i make sure to bring at least a 2 gs lower Tr then what you have.

I will humiliate you to the extent that you come here and ask for forgivness for this utterly clueless thread and then we can move on mkay.

Just pm me ingame and i will make this swift and easy for you.

Best
  • Options
    pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ITC is the real issue here and the perma Daze.

And the Super Speed they have.

But Mainly ITC CC immunity for 5 seconds (mod 6 6-7 seconds) (Cool down 11-12 seconds with feats) IS the real issue.

Combined with the speed and dodge/and daze : Abomination.

Lets not mention the damage..and sod bug..and etc etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    scoundrels were the smallest problem...now we hit mod 6 say hello to the majority of sabs and exec, who are going to make your day, just met one 10k GS in PVP who maked me crying, sry
    but again, silly post from a TR who obviously don´t know his class
    some players did adapt to the fact that PVP is dying, indeed, and these few ones were TR´s that didn´t exploit the broken trees as hard as they could, but the majority is to weak to withstand this options
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hahaha, OMG i don't know if i should cry or laugh xD...,
    You are trying to say it's our Fault, right. well ur right!

SORRY that i was 1-Shot by TR my Fault, my perfect barkshield, defense, resistance all just ignored me ROFL
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited March 2015

for some reason i see only the un-experienced so called pvp players cry about trs here.

A. No
    B. No
    C. No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZulGynIj7s
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Actually this thread is so silly stupid that it would make more sence of a anti Tr put it up with the intention to create another nerf Tr thread.
    Its hard to be more provocative than this..............

i
    f you answered yes to one of the questions above well my friend he problem is not the tr but you!
    for some reason i see only the un-experienced so called pvp players cry about trs here.
    And btw I been playing pvp games for about as long at they been out there well over 15 years and been in nw since beta played 1000nds of matches with gwf hr dc gf during this time.
    May I ask about your so called experiance
    impress me...
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Actually this thread is so silly stupid that it would make more sence of a anti Tr put it up with the intention to creat another nerf Tr thread.
    Its hard to be more provocative than this..............

i'm amazed at how people continue to defend Trs day in and day out

ignorance is bliss
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    i'm amazed at how people continue to defend Trs day in and day out

ignorance is bliss

Oh this is just the classic defense/denial of something completely wrong and out of balance by the parties whom it benefits in hopes of keeping the broken state of affairs. Corporations have entire departments dedicated to this.. :)
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2015

you want a response from a player who actually does premades? fine,

Yes you are right in the regards it gets far better for other classes when they practice, but nothing can really 1v1 a tr,

gwfs have one of the worst times against them but that is mainly because of shocking and don't say "they can just use avalanche and mighty leap" because TR's can gain AP faster then those come off of cooldown, not to mention you can cancel your shocking and you cant cancel either of those.

Cws have a much better time against TR's, although that is purely because of shield and it being one of the few things that reduce shocking damage but if you have already been in combat it still hits you like a truck.

its pretty much the same thing for every class.

Tr's are the kings of pug matches, and are extremely strong in premades, but the only thing that really needs to be done is to remove the 100% crit chance in stealth.

you would still have those random 40k shocking executions but it wouldn't be every time you heard shocking you would be saying to your team (im dead) and tr's cloud of steels wouldn't be hitting for 7-8k's in addition to the 2.5k piercing damage from their shadowy opportunity feat

but there is no need to complain about thing's anymore for this mod because the devs won't put in the time to change it for only a few weeks, we should be testing classes and feats for next mod, incase there are things like what happened to TR's in mod 5, to other classes in mod 6
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    you want a response from a player who actually does premades? fine,

Yes you are right in the regards it gets far better for other classes when they practice, but nothing can really 1v1 a tr,

gwfs have one of the worst times against them but that is mainly because of shocking and don't say "they can just use avalanche and mighty leap" because TR's can gain AP faster then those come off of cooldown, not to mention you can cancel your shocking and you cant cancel either of those.

Cws have a much better time against TR's, although that is purely because of shield and it being one of the few things that reduce shocking damage but if you have already been in combat it still hits you like a truck.

its pretty much the same thing for every class.

Tr's are the kings of pug matches, and are extremely strong in premades, but the only thing that really needs to be done is to remove the 100% crit chance in stealth.

you would still have those random 40k shocking executions but it wouldn't be every time you heard shocking you would be saying to your team (im dead) and tr's cloud of steels wouldn't be hitting for 7-8k's in addition to the 2.5k piercing damage from their shadowy opportunity feat

but there is no need to complain about thing's anymore for this mod because the devs won't put in the time to change it for only a few weeks, we should be testing classes and feats for next mod, incase there are things like what happened to TR's in mod 5, to other classes in mod 6

You identify the problem as being "Shocking Execution" and yet you don't propose a direct PvP solution for this and instead a different one and you also indicate "shadowy opportunity" and consider this a solution to it as well. Perhaps it would be but to correct one paragon and one path you injure the others. For my particular TR (WK scoundrel) I tend to have a fairly difficult time with GWF since my capstone and special feats are basically nullified versus them and lacking SE I have no ability to deliver any big hits (but you indicate you play premades and thus would be aware of the lack of desirability of the WK in general and the scoundrel as well).

I never liked the 100% crit from stealth as a TR because it severely devalued the supposed primary stat of the TR and made it at best a secondary stat. I felt that shocking was a little strong in PvP and a bit weak in PvE and one of the main reasons for the PvP power is the rapid ability to gain AP for all classes that should really be corrected. In two minutes most classes can use 3 or more dailies and this seems wrong to me.
  • Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You identify the problem as being "Shocking Execution" and yet you don't propose a direct PvP solution for this and instead a different one and you also indicate "shadowy opportunity" and consider this a solution to it as well. Perhaps it would be but to correct one paragon and one path you injure the others. For my particular TR (WK scoundrel) I tend to have a fairly difficult time with GWF since my capstone and special feats are basically nullified versus them and lacking SE I have no ability to deliver any big hits (but you indicate you play premades and thus would be aware of the lack of desirability of the WK in general and the scoundrel as well).

I never liked the 100% crit from stealth as a TR because it severely devalued the supposed primary stat of the TR and made it at best a secondary stat. I felt that shocking was a little strong in PvP and a bit weak in PvE and one of the main reasons for the PvP power is the rapid ability to gain AP for all classes that should really be corrected. In two minutes most classes can use 3 or more dailies and this seems wrong to me.

you seem'd to have skipped over some portions of what i have said in order to formulate an argument, If you had properly read what i had said, you would have seen that the direct removal of the 100% crit chance in stealth would fix the problem with shocking execution. TR's wouldn't be getting the consistent 1 shotting with shocking execution, but keeping the damage the same and only effecting the crit chance would make a 1v1 scenario much more even in the regards that they would have to stack back into crit, and even then would only have roughly 30-35% chance to have that crit daily.

And on top of that, i didnt indicate shadowy opportunity as a problem (although it may be very strong) i was referring to that ON TOP OF an atwill that is already critting for 7-8k's because of the 100% crit chance in stealth,

so please, read thoroughly before posting a response

suddenlyslow, you're kind of response is the direct factor in making many top pvp players not read/respond to posts on the forum's because we only focus on viable pvp builds which whisperknife is not nor has ever been.
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    you seem'd to have skipped over some portions of what i have said in order to formulate an argument, If you had properly read what i had said, you would have seen that the direct removal of the 100% crit chance in stealth would fix the problem with shocking execution. TR's wouldn't be getting the consistent 1 shotting with shocking execution, but keeping the damage the same and only effecting the crit chance would make a 1v1 scenario much more even in the regards that they would have to stack back into crit, and even then would only have roughly 30-35% chance to have that crit daily.

And on top of that, i didnt indicate shadowy opportunity as a problem (although it may be very strong) i was referring to that ON TOP OF an atwill that is already critting for 7-8k's because of the 100% crit chance in stealth,

so please, read thoroughly before posting a response

suddenlyslow, you're kind of response is the direct factor in making many top pvp players not read/respond to posts on the forum's because we only focus on viable pvp builds which whisperknife is not nor has ever been.

Actually I did read your post thoroughly and even agreed that it would probably be a correction of those problems but that it would bleed more problems into the other paragon and paths. I suppose you should take your own advice here.

adamy204, your kind of response is the direct factor in making many players who don't claim themselves to be "top pvp players" think the lot of your are arrogant and conceited because even when we agree with you if we point out the things you overlooked you become petulant and combative.

Oh I can see what you focus on, you would worsen a paragon you even indicate as weak (whisperknife) in order to correct one you find strong (master infiltrator) and this is the reason that advice from those such as yourself which is so narrowly limited and simplistic has to be pointed out by those such as myself that can see a whole range of things that you never even considered (and actually admitted that you deliberately ignored).
  • Options
    robotpolisrobotpolis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015

.. havent seen any posts by a true pvper crying about trs why you may ask? because they adapt! they change builds, they learn trs mechanics, they practice with their tr friends to see how to counter trs at fight and how to deal with them.

Talk is cheap. The people that complained TR is uberly broken had come out with the video to backup what they said. Then, it's your turn to provide the video on how the 'people who adapt/change build/learn TR mechnics' own TR...
    If not, we will treat this as you defending a totally broken class.
  • Options
    nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The TR is the most broken class in PVP. Auto crit and ITC are too much. i rarely go against a team that does not have 2 TR's on it anymore. Look at the leaderboard in game. Of the first page, 15/20 are TR's. Sort by kills, 10 TR's, 5 SW's, 3 HR's, 1 GF and 1 GWF... That's just the first page. Numbers don't lie. TR is OP in this mod. It is worst than the perma's. I get having stealth, but the invulnerability and the auto crit is too much. GWF's should auto crit during "unstoppable". My CW should be able to control a TR if it is not stealthed. GF's should not be killed in 1-3 hits.
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • Options
    svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2015
    hmm... well lets see

go roll a warlock and see how it goes, I'm forced to slot infernal orbs in order to have any chance against a tr, with my gwf the only tactic I can rely on is enemy trs being well, bad, and trying to finish me off with at wills while I'm in indomitable. If a tr is smart and anywhere close to my gear level I have little to no chance.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have you ever played with other class not only TR?? Probably nop.

So all thread is like. PLEASE DON"T CHANGE TR opiness.

A is it possible you go to pvp with no pvp gear? no tenacity?[/QUOTE]
    Like TR would care about your Tenacity. 1 hit u lay dead. No?. ok second hit u dead. Still alive? no problem third hit and u dead 4 sure. Soulforge Enchant and u stand up? No problem. from stealth mode spam at wills and u lay dead again..

TR ignoring your ressists, even 5 min ago in domination I so how green gear set(most uncomon and couple blue gear set peaces) beat 18kGs GWF with BlackIce set.
    Well then smart one tell me how counter TR in stealth mode?. Sit and watch to the sky?. Go make some tea? Grab some bear and hope that TR decide to stop hiding??.

Even guys who are not green. hell probably more time fought domination/icewind dale than you and they have hard days with TR's. Some green guy, first time fight in domination easy killing other classes. Probably I could make 15 kill with closed my eyes..
    If you or your team members have 20 kGs, pvp build gear set, and got easy killed by ~11 kGs green TR's. u would start think otherwise..
    yes, like SW. no dodge in pvp. as mage(non melee class) have to eat all incoming hits.

If any Tr's dare to fight with SW in domination. Usually its end rage quit. and they back to TR..
    havent seen any posts by a true pvper crying about trs why you may ask? because they adapt! they change builds, they learn trs mechanics, they practice with their tr friends to see how to counter trs at fight and how to deal with them. but i guess it is way easier to write a post about op trs in 1 min then spending half an hour fighting 1v1 with a fellow tr to lern how to deal with trs.
    yea sure... I know enough players who adapt. Simply quit one class and move to TR. Thats all of adaptation. and no complains about it.

and trust me, peoples spent enough time to learn how counter tr;s. its like playing with armed grenade. u can pretend that you can doge explosion. and in the end goes bang = dead.
    Same with Tr. u can hit, he goes stealth mode, 1 hit u dead. no? fine second hit. still alive? third one and u lay dead. all where done from stealth mode. and if u try counter/evade u get smoke bomb. u can't do nothing... yea sure, u can try run.. when u reach smoke bombs area effect ending. u have 10% of HP. then 1 or 2 hits from at wills and u dead. end of lesson.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    as i said , most stupid , never needed threat
    and on top of that, the class that most time doesn´t care about tenacity and PVP gear in case of putting every little point in power crit or arp is?
    Your turn nubby, now give me a correct answer and you get a cake
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've gave up on my SW and now playing on my rank 5 TR sabotuer with lesser sf/vorpal (15.5k gs overall. Simply too lazy to transfer everything from my SW since I still do CN/eLoL and foundries), already got to 40th page which I think is an accomplishment since I only done like 20 games. And you know it feels good, I sometimes almost fall asleep capping their node.

Once I get closer to the first pages I'll start kicking every single mother****er that kicked me when I was playing my SW. Since I figured that party leadership is transfered to older char with better results on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I've gave up on my SW and now playing on my rank 5 TR sabotuer with lesser sf/vorpal (15.5k gs overall. Simply too lazy to transfer everything from my SW since I still do CN/eLoL and foundries), already got to 40th page which I think is an accomplishment since I only done like 20 games. And you know it feels good, I sometimes almost fall asleep capping their node.

Once I get closer to the first pages I'll start kicking every single mother****er that kicked me when I was playing my SW. Since I figured that party leadership is transfered to older char with better results on the leaderboard.

...but by the time you're able to do that, mod6 will hit, and the kicking will be blocked.

Cheer up, dude.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...but by the time you're able to do that, mod6 will hit, and the kicking will be blocked.

Cheer up, dude.

Already caught 2 out of 11 so np :D Besides, it's not the only way to make a mess out of someone's match.
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow. Blatant troll post from the OP if I ever saw one. I'm still playing my temptation SW in PvP because I'm heavy into masochism. Can you say... "Beat me! Beat me! BEAT ME!!! Yes! Yes! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lady808 wrote: »
    Wow. Blatant troll post from the OP if I ever saw one. I'm still playing my temptation SW in PvP because I'm heavy into masochism. Can you say... "Beat me! Beat me! BEAT ME!!! Yes! Yes! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

Your Warlock sounds fun, I would do all kinds of things to her, all kinds.

She would experience the "Great Weapon".
This discussion has been closed.