test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transcendent Bilethorn Bug

yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
Transcendent Bilethorn isn't,currently,slowing down enemies as its tooltip clearly states.Also the AoE damage it does is inconsistent,for example if i hit a dummie once with Ray of Frost then the resulting AoE,after 4 secs,is 400 but if i do the same with Magic Missile then the AoE damage ,to the priamary and surrounding dummies,is only 103. The damage is supposed to be 30% of weapon damage and with my weapons damage being more than 1000,it shouldn't be just 103.
It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
Post edited by yperkeimenos on

Comments

• godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Transcendent Bilethorn isn't,currently,slowing down enemies as its tooltip clearly states.Also the AoE damage it does is inconsistent,for example if i hit a dummie once with Ray of Frost then the resulting AoE,after 4 secs,is 400 but if i do the same with Magic Missile then the AoE damage ,to the priamary and surrounding dummies,is only 103. The damage is supposed to be 30% of weapon damage and with my weapons damage being more than 1000,it shouldn't be just 103.

The last time I tried my Transcendent Bile not too long ago on my rogue it was only proccing something like 50s on the first hit and not much higher for the second. The damage is obviously extremely bugged.

As far as the slowing goes, it does work, but only for a short time. Only the first so many hits within a short window of time will apply the slow effect, then it goes on a somewhat long cooldown before being able to be applied to any target again. If this isn't a bug, it should really be stated in the tooltip, although, I really wish it would be able to apply the slow from any attack regardless since it requires stacks to maintain a good effect.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    The last time I tried my Transcendent Bile not too long ago on my rogue it was only proccing something like 50s on the first hit and not much higher for the second. The damage is obviously extremely bugged.

As far as the slowing goes, it does work, but only for a short time. Only the first so many hits within a short window of time will apply the slow effect, then it goes on a somewhat long cooldown before being able to be applied to any target again. If this isn't a bug, it should really be stated in the tooltip, although, I really wish it would be able to apply the slow from any attack regardless since it requires stacks to maintain a good effect.

Yes,the slowing down of enemies,is so short that it's almost unnoticeable and if you take into account the low chance of applying the slow effect,it's almost nonexistant.THe slow stacks fall off too quickly and in the end it's another good idea, ruined by bugs. If it had worked then Bilethorn would have been a great enchant for Controllers. Anyway this,along with the damage,has to be fixed otherwise,it'll be more of the same.The game will be ruled by a handfull of enchants while,the rest will be ignored,and that goes for all enchants which underperform due to cooldowns or bugs.

Edit : After some more testing it seems that the damage is, to some degree, fixed,however different at wills give different damage numbers when hitting the same dummy. Supposedly bilethorn deals X% of weapon damage and not At-will damage.The slowing effect is still almost nonexistant since the slow stacks fall off very quickly and the chance of triggering the slow effect is very small. Also it now only applies to the primary target,which makes it even more irrelevant as an effect.Also somehow the Slow stacks seem to be consumed when the same enemy is hit twice and then will have to be reapplied,to take effect,only to be consumed again,but further testing is needed to confirm this.One way or the other however, they never stack for any noticeable amount of time.The only good thing about the Pure-Trans Bilethorn is that it's Aoe damage activates Abyss of Chaos,if you take that away this enchant will be close to useless,when compared with the rest.A good step towards the right direction,would be to eliminate the 4 secs delay and fix slow,so that is stacks longer.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.