test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community Contest] Foundry Design - "The Portal"

Comments

• overoceaoverocea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm working on an entry; I'll post it here when I'm done.. hopefully in time ^_^
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Done in two days... Don't expect too much, though you may be surprised. :D

Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DTKMPU3RQ
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    [*]Name must begin with "Contest:Portal -" to allow easy searching by players

c'mon guys. Now I have to search for "Contest: Portal" now aswell? =X with a space and without a space then. =X =X =X
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited April 2015
    Meh. I figured this was the quickest, easiest thing I could do with limited involvement/management on my part freeing me up to further investigate/alpha/beta test other games that will increasingly likely replace NWO for my creativity fix.

:rolleyes: I understand teh sentiment. that sony offering with the landmarks? ;D

Since every single one I've played so far only takes 1-2 mins, it may even be faster to play them all and pick your fave, instead of bothering with all the math. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Finally! It is done! (and only 6 hours to spare lol!)

I present "Contest:Portal - Agathys"
    Short Code: NW-DG7QUNJPC

7hj1N9c.jpg

There are a couple of bugs that I'm having, and it seems to be spreading to other players.
    The fire effects from various sources (rest area, torches, stove, ect) are not appearing consistently. Sometimes they do, other times, nothing.

There is a "portal" effect that is supposed to occur when you power up my machine, but it seems like a 10% chance for it to actually appear. The effects are there, the game is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it up.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great contest!!!!!!! ALL THE EYE CANDY!!! Really enjoying the entries!!!!
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
    edited April 2015
    SkUNfOo.jpg

Tonight's Livestream featured all of your entires! Go forth and watch!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking forward to running through these! Good luck to all!

Here is my entry: "Contest:Portal - The Visit"
    Shortcode: NW-DPHR8QA77
    Author: @deiterate
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
    edited April 2015
    Pretty much done! Just in time.
    This was really fun. Thanks eldarth :)

My entry is "Contest:Portal - The Matrix"
    Shortcode: NW-DAYLB7RXE
    Author: @overocea
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good job everyone!! Some maps are just brilliant.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    edited April 2015
    Tonight's Livestream featured all of your entires! Go forth and watch![/CENTER]

Awesome work! Thanks for playing @kaomwannabe's again.. I played an incomplete version, his 3-stage portal activation is MUCH cooler now. And yeah, the statue-vase-fountains are incredible. along with the entry waterfall

@waryur's didnt have afterburners when I played it either, very cool addition! The asteroid ring is my fave, expect to see it make an appearance in my spelljammer campaign. ;D

Locksheon, I like your commentary! I also especially liked how you introduced the character to the quest ahead, amnesiac bump on the head. A+ introduction to your questing party. =D Also was that a volume gate that automatically opened when kurtak the crusher your quest NPC patrolled into the room? My mind boggles at how you did that. Stream how you accomplished it? ;D Did you use an npc to drop down on the volumegate plate behind the door? That cathedral dome ceiling is truly unique. Nice job. The wheel is also very nice, but I'd put a magma crystal on the 'lava' gate.. its the only one with nothing in it! =D Gonna go get a play in so I can see how it ends. ;D

Ian Darksword, I liked your commentary in the corner too ;D Trying to tell him that sand makes glass(es) and helps man see =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited April 2015
    for fairness sake, id suggest that any of the contest:portal entries that are updated after the 5th be disallowed.. the 3rd was the last day for submissions, the 4th is for timezone changes, anything updated after the 5th would just be unfair. =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited April 2015
    Also was that a volume gate that automatically opened when kurtak the crusher your quest NPC patrolled into the room? My mind boggles at how you did that. Stream how you accomplished it? ;D Did you use an npc to drop down on the volumegate plate behind the door?

Heh, no need for a whole stream. It is indeed a volume gate. I believe it is the drawbridge specifically; turned on its side. The volume can be triggered by any NPC/PC. So when you finish reading the book, Kurtak spawns in, and immediately walks toward the door, opening it, and closing when he leaves the volume.

I did notice that the gate gets a tad annoying after opening a couple of times because the volume is very large. So I made it "Disappear When" you pull the first lever, and replaced it with a standard, non-movable, drawbridge.

Now, what boggles my mind is @essenti's "The Visit". How did you get that giant portal to open like that?!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    c'mon guys. Now I have to search for "Contest: Portal" now aswell? =X with a space and without a space then. =X =X =X

It seems to find them with and without a space if you search for "Contest:Portal" or "Contest: Portal"
    I have a feeling it "keywords" the search into "contest" and "portal" so either should be fine.
    edited April 2015
    for fairness sake, id suggest that any of the contest portal entries that are updated after the 5th be disallowed.. the 3rd was the last day for submissions, the 4th is for timezone changes, anything updated after the 5th would just be unfair. =D

Yep. Apr 3 11:59pm PST is the cutoff. Since Cryptic is in PST, any "published" Apr 4th or later is disqualified.
    edited April 2015
    Yep. Apr 3 11:59pm PST is the cutoff. Since Cryptic is in PST, any "published" Apr 4th or later is disqualified.

Unfortunately, this may not be accurate. My quest published at 11:20pm EST last night, and it says Apr 4th. I should've had 2.5 hours before PST deadline, but the search page said the 4th of April publish date when I played it at 11:40pm EST.

Edit: I have an unpublished update sitting to fix, but I chose not to update to version 0.5 to avoid going over the deadline.
    edited April 2015

gah! I edited mine to change a word: from "fighted" to "fought" :confused:

But the first comments are from 4/3/2015

Foundry Grand Master.
    edited April 2015
    essenti wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this may not be accurate. My quest published at 11:20pm EST last night, and it says Apr 4th. I should've had 2.5 hours before PST deadline, but the search page said the 4th of April publish date when I played it at 11:40pm EST.
    gah! I edited mine to change a word: from "fighted" to "fought" :confused:

I figured there might be some loooooong Cryptic/server side publishing times, so I'll keep you two qualified.

No blood no foul. :cool:
    edited April 2015
    I figured there might be some loooooong Cryptic/server side publishing times, so I'll keep you two qualified.

Actually of the 8, 3 of them are published on the 4th. So I petition that all 3 latehour ones be allowed. ;D Just nothing on the 5th!

Here's a quick catalog of the 8, including my votes. =D

@Zachariah92 - Contest Portal - The Forgotten - (Ship, Iceberg floe) - 5 stars
    @Deiterate - Contest Portal - The Visit - (Nighttime town of Innsbrook, Steampunk) - 5 stars
    @Waryur - Contest Portal - Space - (Gnomish Rocketeer, Space) - 5 stars
    @Locksheon - Contest Portal - Agathys - (Observatory, Telescope) - 5 stars
    @Kaomwannabe - Contest Portal - Ruins - (Sharandar, Magic Pools) - 5 stars (Please +1 to my incomplete(live) review Eldarth!)
    @overocea - Contest Portal - The Matrix - (Morpheus, Alien world) - 5 stars
    @orangefiree - Contest Portal - Portal of the Planes - (Arcane Titan) - 5 stars
    @torontodave - Contest Portal - Stahgate - (Stargate) - 5 stars obviously. ;D

As you can see, I think all 8 are winners just for participating. As earlier stated, and for the reasons above(5s across the board), I think the star method is flawed.

I think Eldarth should be the sole judge, as he understood best the judging criteria, as he laid it out. =D

I also think Akro should petition Cryptic to cough up some extra prizes, 1mill per entry. It's only going to cost them 8mill AD. It would show they're committed to making the Foundry a fun place to be, and ensure more entries into the next community contest. Foundry_Zone is too empty! ;D

Anyone who gets to play these contest entries is the real winner though. =D Congrats all and Thanks Eldarth. =D

[if there's more than 8, lemme know!]
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited April 2015
    Actually of the 8, 3 of them are published on the 4th. So I petition that all 3 latehour ones be allowed. ;D Just nothing on the 5th!

Here's a quick catalog of the 8, including my votes. =D

@Zachariah92 - Contest Portal - The Forgotten - (Ship, Iceberg floe) - 5 stars
    @Deiterate - Contest Portal - The Visit - (Nighttime town of Innsbrook, Steampunk) - 5 stars
    @Waryur - Contest Portal - Space - (Gnomish Rocketeer, Space) - 5 stars
    @Locksheon - Contest Portal - Agathys - (Observatory, Telescope) - 5 stars
    @Kaomwannabe - Contest Portal - Ruins - (Sharandar, Magic Pools) - 5 stars (Please +1 to my incomplete(live) review Eldarth!)
    @overocea - Contest Portal - The Matrix - (Morpheus, Alien world) - 5 stars
    @orangefiree - Contest Portal - Portal of the Planes - (Arcane Titan) - 5 stars
    @torontodave - Contest Portal - Stahgate - (Stargate) - 5 stars obviously. ;D

As you can see, I think all 8 are winners just for participating. As earlier stated, and for the reasons above(5s across the board), I think the star method is flawed.

I think Eldarth should be the sole judge, as he understood best the judging criteria, as he laid it out. =D

I also think Akro should petition Cryptic to cough up some extra prizes, 1mill per entry. It's only going to cost them 8mill AD. It would show they're committed to making the Foundry a fun place to be, and ensure more entries into the next community contest. Foundry_Zone is too empty! ;D

Anyone who gets to play these contest entries is the real winner though. =D Congrats all and Thanks Eldarth. =D

Sounds good -- all 8 listed are locked in as "qualified." :cool:

I think voting over the next two weeks should see the "average" ratings spread out a bit. We'll see on the 12th if we need any sort of tie-breaking.

I'll throw Akro a PM asking if they'd like to provide any sort of little entry-prizes for the official 8. And perhaps if they could feature all 8 with a news entry describing the contest goals.

Edit: Akro PM'ed -- we'll see what happens. Good luck.
    edited April 2015
    mmm yeah, I published mine 7-8pm April 3rd PST but it was April 4th local time so it says April 4th on the listing. & looks like I'm not the only one so I'm glad we're still qualified!
    edited April 2015
    I wonder how the upcoming Module 6 release is going to impact judging if foundries have to go through the module release re-publish?
    edited April 2015
    When I played through the quests on the livestream, I wasn't able to find overocea, or essenti's quests. But they DID post that they had completed at 7:40pm, and 8:14pm here on this thread. So it's obviously a case of server lag. Now that those two are out, I plan on streaming them as well! Loved em!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited April 2015
    Yay for negative reviews by players assuming these are supposed to be full quests, hehe...
    edited April 2015
    essenti wrote: »
    Yay for negative reviews by players assuming these are supposed to be full quests, hehe...
    I know, right? ... but then again, I look at my quest description and realize I should've put in there how it's meant to be a 1-2 minute quest sort of thing and not a complete project. So there's that... .. but what is desing? someone is reviewing and given low stars to multiple authors for "desing".
    edited April 2015
    waryur wrote: »
    .. but what is desing? someone is reviewing and given low stars to multiple authors for "desing".

My guess is a graduate of our school system that doesn't know how to spell "design."
    edited April 2015
    My guess is a graduate of our school system that doesn't know how to spell "design."

Ah...that makes sense. Sadly.
    edited April 2015
    Desing? Should I have done more singing? *cries*

My personal thought is it's a saboteur... Specifically one whose first language isn't English, and makes minor typos in Foundry quests...
    *GASP!*
    I submit that, my friend, Valcontar73 did it with a Candlestick in the Dining Room!

DUN DUN DUN!!!!
    janet-leigh-shower-scene-psycho.jpg

:) JK
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited April 2015
    I submit that, my friend, Valcontar73 did it with a Candlestick in the Dining Room!

:) JK

:(:(

I'm innocent I swear!!

I will not speak unless my lawyer is present. :cool:

Foundry Grand Master.
    edited April 2015
    I will not speak unless my lawyer is present. :cool:

I just got a message from your lawyer.
    He advises that in your particular case he suggests that you ...

... RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!