test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What other encounter power to use?

eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Wilds
I'm a new HR/trapper and I know the obvious encoutners to use as a trapper. But I can't figure out which other one to use. I like hawk shot but the damage is based off of how far you are away from the target. It's just really hard for me right now and with a new mod coming out I don't know what to do. I have a really hard time in PvP as most people focus out the DC or DPS (if you aren't a TR..). So I'm looking to get advice if any from expeirenced HRs
Post edited by eshkull#7182 on

Comments

• Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you're a trapper spec in PvP, you'll usually want to run a mobility focused build. Remember, if you can't be targeted or hit, you can't die (as easily at least). In PvP you want to run marauders no matter what spec you are being able to disengage and engage is extremely important. Next you're going to want to run something that lets you trigger Biting Snares if you're a trapper, some kind of hard CC if you're a combat spec, or some kind of damage based ability if you're in Archery. Finally you're almost always going to want to run something that ups your survivability, this is usually Fox's Cunning since the auto dodge is really helpful and the invincibility frame from Fox Shift is helpful too, even if its a bit unreliable as well.

Personally I, as a trapper spec in PvP, run marauders for mobility, constricting for the biting snares and ranged root application, and fox's cunning for survivability and burst when I come into melee form. A typical skill rotation for me involves, Fox's Cunning prior to entering combat, followed by Constricting to root the target and get Biting Snares active, then a quick tab to enter melee form and trigger Master Trapper. Then you use Disrupting Shot to ensure your safety as you enter into melee combat with Marauder's Charge. This is followed by a quick Shift to the side to help minimize chances to dodge any hits incoming, then Steel Breeze and Fox Shift (which triggers swiftness of the fox once for each time it hits an enemy, so read twice), which is usually enough to fully refresh your ranged cooldowns so that you can Marauder's out and get ready to start again if the enemy is not dead, or to start on someone else.

Also a quick if somewhat less known tip is that you can actually use your at-wills while you're in the Fox Shift animation, despite being invincible. Just helps out with a bit of damage.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...while you're still in the phase of gathering kills/assists for your campaign achievements, Split the Sky is a fail safe way to get these pronto presto... ...place over the middle point while the forces clash - enjoy light show. Later on, when you ticked those achievements off, there will be better uses for that slot for you as a trapper.