test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I Have A New Name For Elemental Evil

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
I call it - Elemental Evil: Rise Of The Companions

After spending several hours in preview, that is my conclusion. I am very glad they made these changes. They DO take our concerns under advisement from time to time.
twitch.tv/kaligold
Post edited by mrvincent1959 on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    which changes?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I concur. I've been diddling with some stuff on test, and I think you're going to see people using a lot more summon companions, instead of augments.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I concur. I've been diddling with some stuff on test, and I think you're going to see people using a lot more summon companions, instead of augments.

Don't the new Mod 6 changes to companions only apply if you raise your companion to legendary status? It seems very expensive to raise their levels, 1,000,000 AD to go from Epic to Legendary.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Wait wait waaaaaaiiiiitttt....

You mean Bonding Runestones might be good?

No. Way. Jose.

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't the new Mod 6 changes to companions only apply if you raise your companion to legendary status? It seems very expensive to raise their levels, 1,000,000 AD to go from Epic to Legendary.

At Level 35 they become almost invincible along with increased stats and boosted abilities. At level 40, you get a % of the pets stats and it appears the companion get more stat bonuses.

If you want to increase your companion from level 35 to 40 it will cost 1 million AD. If your companion was level 30 when mod 6 goes live, it gets upgraded to Level 35 for no cost and hence the boosted stats for the companion cost nothing.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wait wait waaaaaaiiiiitttt....

You mean Bonding Runestones might be good?

No. Way. Jose.

:cool:

EDIT: Yes. :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I only tested her at rank 30 yet, but my honey badger is already eating everything! Can't wait for release!
  • Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    companions have always been fun in non-dungeon situations. how do they perform in the new dungeo... oh wait.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Emporium Starter Cleric is all a paladin needs, even with wimpy gear. The cleric can take a few hits (Instant kill from a Cloud Giant) but even if he dies, resurects himself in about 10 seconds even during battle. :cool:

Oh, augments do die!!! :eek:
  • Options
    t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Elemental Evil: The Quest To Refine Them All
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Module 6: We Don't Care Anymore.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can anyone confirm that there are no new companions skins at 40? That's pretty disappointing if so.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...if they could unlock dyeability at 40 I'd be fine with that.
  • Options
    luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If your companion was level 30 when mod 6 goes live, it gets upgraded to Level 35 for no cost and hence the boosted stats for the companion cost nothing.

Just to avoid any disappointment, I would not expect such a gift.
    Moreover someone could even argue that is actually a nuisance, since that would take away the "joy of progression" that is part of the game. ;)
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To me, on my Pally who is now L47, it feels like my Sellsword companion does more damage than I do.

So it is after all a GF ver 2.0. :cool:
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    luccame wrote: »
    At Level 35 they become almost invincible along with increased stats and boosted abilities. At level 40, you get a % of the pets stats and it appears the companion get more stat bonuses.

If you want to increase your companion from level 35 to 40 it will cost 1 million AD. If your companion was level 30 when mod 6 goes live, it gets upgraded to Level 35 for no cost and hence the boosted stats for the companion cost nothing.

Moreover someone could even argue that is actually a nuisance, since that would take away the "joy of progression" that is part of the game. ;)

You don't get that gift, and still you do get it...

...the level cap of the companion is raised by 5 levels for free, but you'll still have to run some quests to level it, the level per se isn't raised, and you gotta do that by making it gain experience. With that, the corresponding base stats get raised, ofc.

The quality, or rarity, colour, whatnot - isn't upped, as the respective thresholds are also raised by 5 levels, too. Upgrades cost the same as ever before. And the additional "Lvl 30" skills are now as well reworked, as also unlocked at level 35, instead.

TL;DR: You get five maxlevel levels for free, not the levels. Those are inserted at the lower end. You do not get the the epic skills.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    luccame wrote: »

IDK i bought some of my companions specifically because they were the highest level and useful in SCA. I'd be dissapointed if I had to pay 1 million each to upgrade them.

It's a great move to upgrade them for free.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Actually that's a fair point...what if anything will happen with SCA? I assume nothing at all?
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Module 6: We Don't Care Anymore.

Started laughing after reading!
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Elemental Evil: The Module That Never Quite Arrived
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, the kicker here is ... all my pets I used for was either to boost certain deficient stats (Ie ARP) on some of my toons, or increase DPS (blinky dog, WoD pet and the various likes, a few AP gainers and such). I never even bothered to look at actual DPS skills on the pets, becuase I never used them in that roll, most of my pets are naked! with no enchants unless they happened to have a defense slot I could throw a enchant in.

Is there a new use for the various blue pets I never have pulled out of my bank now? (skeleton dog comes to mind, but I know I have a couple more)

and.. will the angel be good to heal my non healing classes now?

Too bad they nerfed the young yeti.. would be a excellent tank pet if it still took all that aggro.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    oh.. and I would name this

Elemental Evil: Rise of the Stat Curve
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Elemental Evil: The Demise of Neverwinter
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chrcore wrote: »

Bingo
    10char/
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chrcore wrote: »

Module 6: 50 Shades of Pray

Cause if you think you see a lot of characters standing around and invoking now, just wait....
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Elemental Evil: Bored Now - or - Time to Find Another Game, ASTALASEEYA!
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    The Emporium Starter Cleric is all a paladin needs, even with wimpy gear. The cleric can take a few hits (Instant kill from a Cloud Giant) but even if he dies, resurects himself in about 10 seconds even during battle. :cool:

Oh, augments do die!!! :eek:

What's the point of augments if they're killable now? Thought their point was they didn't interact in battle, just provide a bonus. Ah well, I guess it'll save me saving 800k AD for a cat.