test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Number of PvP questions from Returning player

liontadpoleliontadpole Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Discussion
Hey all,

I've been away from NW for 4 months or so and jumped into a domination map a few moments ago. I noticed something odd and thought maybe more experienced or "in the know" players could clue me in on a few PvP questions?

My GF was unable to punt an enemy GWF with my Frontline Surge or Bull Charge the entire game. I also noticed many other classes not being punted as well. I think out of the entire 15 minute game only a thief and a ranger seemed affected out of probably 25-40 tries.

Question: Have they added a immunity timer to CC effects in the game?

Question: Does the GWF have some new innate/gear/build specific ability to prevent them from being punted?

The second line of question falls into the attacking from stealth type stuff.

I was being attacked by both rangers and thieves from stealth constantly. As in not appearing at all, hitting me while they remain invisible? I don't recall that being in the game last year. They would appear perhaps once every 6-8 seconds for 1 GCD and poof gone again attacking.

Question: Has something new been added?

Question:How do you counter this?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies. I have not kept up to date on class changes over the last year except for my own and have not been able to research the answers online. Help appreciated!
Post edited by liontadpole on

Comments

• charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question: Have they added a immunity timer to CC effects in the game?

LOL no, but on the plus side they gave TR and DC perma daze. Enjoy.

Question: Does the GWF have some new innate/gear/build specific ability to prevent them from being punted?

Unstoppable gives them CC immunity temporarily.

Question: Has something new been added?

Despite promises to the contrary, no.

The second line of question falls into the attacking from stealth type stuff.

TR is quite possible the most OP class in any MMO I've played to this point. There is no counter to a TR. HR can stealth temporarily with a daily power and also have one bugged encounter that lets them stealth as long as they aren't dealing damage, but almost nobody uses it.

GF is just above the dreaded SW as red-headed stepchild of Neverwinter PvP. You can at least hold a node...that is until the devs remove regeneration from the game in mod 6 in which case, join us SWs as a class effectively deleted from the game.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sprint gives a GWF cc immunity now, which is necessary because unstoppable is much weaker than before. Attacks from stealth have always existed in this game.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tr attacking from stealth are visible for 2 seconds.
    a tr constantly attacking like that, is constantly visible.