test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worried about making Ad in mod 6

zomgimkezzomgimkez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
so what I've seen so far is a lot of ad making ways being cut:
-no more Lord neverember quests
-no more gaunt pve/dungeons?! (Saw there was no iron tab event)
-less ad for leadership (at 20)

Have they implemented another way to gain ad cos I only see cuts, for a casual player this is devastating :(
Post edited by zomgimkez on

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are less ways to make AD, but there are more ways to make RP. I suppose that is the tradeoff we are all making in Mod6.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I doubt that our means to gain RP have been improved so much that it will make any significant difference. From what I've seen so far, there's hardly any trade off. I'm not interested in AD or RP anymore tough. What I wanna know is if there's any interesting content to play, any new interesting things to do.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zomgimkez wrote: »
    so what I've seen so far is a lot of ad making ways being cut:
    -no more Lord neverember quests
    -no more gaunt pve/dungeons?! (Saw there was no iron tab event)
    -less ad for leadership (at 20)

Have they implemented another way to gain ad cos I only see cuts, for a casual player this is devastating :(

they removed dungeon delves free chest. now dungeon delves give extra AD like skirmishes.

The result is that alot less AD will be created into the game everyday, eventually helping with the inflation. (anyone else sees the 4M zen buying offers on live?)

I see it as a good thing, you may now get 18k per day with leadership instead of 24k, but in the end with 18k u may be able to buy what previously required 24k, making ADs more valuable... And give better value returns for people buying Zen (with lower market prices but Zen still being in the 450-500 range) encouraging people to buy Zen.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I doubt that our means to gain RP have been improved so much that it will make any significant difference. From what I've seen so far, there's hardly any trade off. I'm not interested in AD or RP anymore tough. What I wanna know is if there's any interesting content to play, any new interesting things to do.

Well, we will have Leadership tasks that grant RP directly. And it's unbound so I can imagine the price of RP will go down.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well, we will have Leadership tasks that grant RP directly. And it's unbound so I can imagine the price of RP will go down.

Did you already try to open chest in prev? my prediction RP from leadership will be BOA because if it's unbound it would be bad for blood ruby sale
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No more SoT and LoL too.

And so far RP doesn't seem to drop from dungeon chests, at least not yet... and drop rate from Leadership bags is crappy.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    we dont really need more AD... we need better drop rates.
    finding a greater mark of potency is too difficult
  • zomgimkezzomgimkez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »
    No more SoT and LoL too.

And so far RP doesn't seem to drop from dungeon chests, at least not yet... and drop rate from Leadership bags is crappy.
    Your kidding?! These were my fav they at least gave us a little bit of a challenge!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zomgimkez wrote: »
    Your kidding?! These were my fav they at least gave us a little bit of a challenge!

We still have the epic versions it's just the non epic versions they removed.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mostly peridots from leadership chest are useless. it like pearls drop nowadays
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    [...]The result is that alot less AD will be created into the game everyday, eventually helping with the inflation. (anyone else sees the 4M zen buying offers on live?)[....]

I see that you obviously use the word inflation without real grasp of it's meaning...

What you describe here is excess currency pool, which can, but not has to lead to inflation. While we do have inflation - mostly in terms of sellability of non-RP drops. Like purples found in dungeons. This partially came from better items getting available, partly from masses of all-across-the-playing-field drops from Tiamat, and masses of players running that selfsame Tiamat twelve times a day.

And why is there currently such a backlog of ZEN?
    a) it isn't even excessive - seen two digit millions for two months or so in autumn/winter..
    b) a lot of people want some 3500 ZEN in their account to buy that Pala booster pack, so the ZEN demand has increased there.
    c) buying AD currently makes less sense than ever: stock-up items' prices (shards, RP,...) are at an all-time high probably, but at least higher than they were since early 2014, that what many people bought with AD before - purples, enchantments - is to become either obsolete in the former, or probably going to fall in price in the latter case...

Yes, in a meaning we do have inflation, if you view the RP as refereence rea value, but this most probably doesn't come from the influx of AD but from the boost of its "real" value, i.e. the benefit you can get from it, through artifact gear. This hit at the same time as the old "real" values of other stuff - purple gear - went into free fall, because the were made obsolete.

But in no way whatsoever could a moderate ZAX backlog, in a backlog-creating or -boosting transient situation used to diagnose or even calculate infaltion. While "It's the economy, stupid!" [only used for the quote's verbosity's sake] is correct, inflation isn't, right here.

What I seem to see as a pattern: They [Cryptic] constantly devalue the top layer items of the goods in their economy, all four months you just-BiS gear becomse second grade meh. That's driving the inflation way more than even the botters.
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hit 70 on test yesterday, the next level i hit, i was handed 1 power point and 30,000 Rough Astral Diamonds, so it seems to me that maybe they are trying to reward people for actually playing the game a little more, and reward those who just log in to make AD a little less.
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    We still have the epic versions it's just the non epic versions they removed.
    Oh thank god ty
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    maybe they are trying to reward people for actually playing the game a little more, and reward those who just log in to make AD a little less.
    If this was true why get rid of Lord neverember quests
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    In any game, it seems the truly wealthy are the ones who good at managing their AD through market trends. Particularly in this game, your goal shouldn't be to farm your way up if you want to get a maxed out character. It would simply take too long. Rather, time would be better spent learning how to use your wealth to make wealth for you. Don't waste time where it isn't needed. If you want to enjoy running content with friends, focus time on that. If you want to make significant AD, focus time on that. Not everything can be done efficiently at the same time. Certainly it should be the case that you can get significant gains from farming, but that isn't the case here and change appears unlikely. Real wealth in most games is not created in such a way regardless.

These are just my thoughts though.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I see that you obviously use the word inflation without real grasp of it's meaning...

What you describe here is excess currency pool, which can, but not has to lead to inflation. While we do have inflation - mostly in terms of sellability of non-RP drops. Like purples found in dungeons. This partially came from better items getting available, partly from masses of all-across-the-playing-field drops from Tiamat, and masses of players running that selfsame Tiamat twelve times a day.

And why is there currently such a backlog of ZEN?
    a) it isn't even excessive - seen two digit millions for two months or so in autumn/winter..
    b) a lot of people want some 3500 ZEN in their account to buy that Pala booster pack, so the ZEN demand has increased there.
    c) buying AD currently makes less sense than ever: stock-up items' prices (shards, RP,...) are at an all-time high probably, but at least higher than they were since early 2014, that what many people bought with AD before - purples, enchantments - is to become either obsolete in the former, or probably going to fall in price in the latter case...

Yes, in a meaning we do have inflation, if you view the RP as refereence rea value, but this most probably doesn't come from the influx of AD but from the boost of its "real" value, i.e. the benefit you can get from it, through artifact gear. This hit at the same time as the old "real" values of other stuff - purple gear - went into free fall, because the were made obsolete.

But in no way whatsoever could a moderate ZAX backlog, in a backlog-creating or -boosting transient situation used to diagnose or even calculate infaltion. While "It's the economy, stupid!" [only used for the quote's verbosity's sake] is correct, inflation isn't, right here.

What I seem to see as a pattern: They [Cryptic] constantly devalue the top layer items of the goods in their economy, all four months you just-BiS gear becomse second grade meh. That's driving the inflation way more than even the botters.

I'm not sure I understand your concept ,

My idea was that decreasing leadership AD income and removing dungeon delves will result in less purple items deconstructed and less ADs brought in the game everyday.. which would then lower the total amount of AD in game (same sinks, lower total AD in game), better value for ADs.

And I thought that the current situation is that current AD production was high, with more total AD in game it's labelled value is low, so the price of Zen which I believe more stable than AD because zen shop prices are more or less fixated (changes rarely) and because of the cap at 500AD/Zen meant that the actual price for AD/Zen should be higher than 500. Meaning that AD's worth was less at that time than when Zen traded for 450 ADs. That's why I mentionned the 4M zen backlog, I don't remember why I worded it that way though I must've been tired lol..

So, where did I go wrong? I thought inflation meant the total amount of ADs in game are very high, meaning that the price of items follow with it, and the AD/Zen ratio also goes up along with it (but capped at 500 makes the backlog). Can you clarify my mistake?
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread