test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known bug suggestion

lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
Hey there,

So they are making a wise decision and pushing back the release. A number of us who have tested and seen the bugs are glad this is the case.

I think it would be a great idea if there was an official "known bugs" thread or topic that had input from the devs/akro. They sometimes attach something like this to the patch notes and it does a good job of keeping pitchforks away when people know that something is being looked at.

We have given alot feedback in the official sticky threads here. I think it would very helpful to support this by having a "known bugs" that shows what they are looking into. This would also help people tailor their feedback for new bugs and reduce frustration with people thinking their bug feedback hasn't been seen. You see this with people posting the same bugs over and over (sometimes quoting themselves :). This could really motivate testers to identify new bugs.

I really want mod 6 to be successful as I am enjoying the game and more people are coming back.
"we all love this game and want it to thrive"
Post edited by lwedar on

Comments

• Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    Hey there,

So they are making a wise decision and pushing back the release. A number of us who have tested and seen the bugs are glad this is the case.

I think it would be a great idea if there was an official "known bugs" thread or topic that had input from the devs/akro. They sometimes attach something like this to the patch notes and it does a good job of keeping pitchforks away when people know that something is being looked at.

We have given alot feedback in the official sticky threads here. I think it would very helpful to support this by having a "known bugs" that shows what they are looking into. This would also help people tailor their feedback for new bugs and reduce frustration with people thinking their bug feedback hasn't been seen. You see this with people posting the same bugs over and over (sometimes quoting themselves :). This could really motivate testers to identify new bugs.

I really want mod 6 to be successful as I am enjoying the game and more people are coming back.

Unfortunately creating a thread with a list of current bugs they are looking into is basically saying "these are the things we know you can exploit currently"
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kudos, good decision!
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For HR relaxor did good job summing all mod 3- 5 bugs
    plus some new ones http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?831871-Official-Feedback-Thread-Hunter-Ranger-Cap-Raise&p=10263981&viewfull=1#post10263981

Pretty much that thread is clean. just bugs. But as
    marnival wrote: »
    with buggs still not fixed from module 3 my advice is not to hold your breath ....
    well sad.

You might want to summary all "general" issues - just create a thread with 15 blank first post and fill it with "well -refined" ideas. Forum pretty much agrees on those like
    - new RP system like XP to RP
    - better RP UI
    - more RP return for current artifacts instead of 40%(80% on 2 rp)
    - new dungeons and new gear instead of "new" old gear
    - new animations and class encounters /feats that are not copy/paste from another class
    - "fix" tiamat and decrease tiamat grind
    - fix all RP stone madness and increase RP gain
    - "bad" new invocation system
    - more BoA rather then BoP stuff
    - Quality of life things like swap bar.
    - CC "feast" fix and balance . Or CC strength/resists proper application to all encounters and not "some occasionally"

I'd also love to see Con give more HP bonus and AC give 1% of DR rather then 0.5%. This would make CON more rewarding for CON classes as well as tank "tankier" due to base bigger DR they have from armor. Instead of HP pool coming just from gear and quit equal for all. Gear should make you tuff but I don't see now cloth CW can have bigger or same HP pool as GF or Paladin just by switching gear from il 120 to 131.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are many reasons why such a list would just be impractical. Sure, people want moar communication; however, some things are just too dynamic and ever-changing for any sort of practical communication.

Priorities change on a daily basis in development. It's not "one team" of devs that work on everything, but rather, you'll have some devs working on one segment and others working on a different area. Some are level designers. Some are character artists. Some are battle programmers. All of those areas of the game have their own bugs and their own units responsible for tracking and squashing those bugs--in between their work on upcoming content. You don't want an artist working on battle systems any more than you want the guy in charge of ensuring power balance to fix that clipping issue. They each have their own specific skill sets.

Furthermore, it's been shown that many posters will take a dev statement of "we're working on this" as a statement of "it'll be fixed in the next patch, if not hotfixed before then". Remember the Roar issue? Devs said they were working on it but the forums lit up week after week in the patch notes thread with "why hasn't this been fixed yet? do you not care about the issue??" They do. But their critical priority is not likely to be the pet issue of the week/month/year. They have to look at the entire picture--and they have to do so while, in the interim, new content that's already been planned weeks ago is coming down the line.

All in all, it's not as easy an undertaking as one would think.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Priorities change on a daily basis in development.

I have to disagree with you. If you change your priorities daily you get nothing done. Or at least nothing done right and at time. And I know that since some big and rapid stuff myself.

You gave a good example with roar. Obviously this was low priority for devs. And it was critical for player. And as result for game - cause a lot of players switch to gwf at that time. Same story with CW being pve kings.

Players priorities and devs priority ( probably set by managers and so on) are not same. And most of cases way off. This lead to things like above - when majority of bugs is "neverfixed" state.

Not because it may be so hard to make. Like roar as example. I really don't think it took 9 month to make that nerf. More because devs work without really understanding about what is their community living with.

This is reputation loss. It is hard to measure and see in advance. But if somebody askes you "will you recommend this game to your good friend and why? " what will you answer be?

As example again - recent AMA on reddit. It was just 1 hour. And if you read it manager was not obviously even close to ready to answer 90% of people questions. There was maybe 1 exact answer and it was about "adding ion stone to collections".
    1-2 days after ama where people complained about all same things like RP , no content, bugs, leave ets mod is moved.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are many reasons why such a list would just be impractical. Sure, people want moar communication; however, some things are just too dynamic and ever-changing for any sort of practical communication.

Priorities change on a daily basis in development. It's not "one team" of devs that work on everything, but rather, you'll have some devs working on one segment and others working on a different area. Some are level designers. Some are character artists. Some are battle programmers. All of those areas of the game have their own bugs and their own units responsible for tracking and squashing those bugs--in between their work on upcoming content. You don't want an artist working on battle systems any more than you want the guy in charge of ensuring power balance to fix that clipping issue. They each have their own specific skill sets.

Furthermore, it's been shown that many posters will take a dev statement of "we're working on this" as a statement of "it'll be fixed in the next patch, if not hotfixed before then". Remember the Roar issue? Devs said they were working on it but the forums lit up week after week in the patch notes thread with "why hasn't this been fixed yet? do you not care about the issue??" They do. But their critical priority is not likely to be the pet issue of the week/month/year. They have to look at the entire picture--and they have to do so while, in the interim, new content that's already been planned weeks ago is coming down the line.

All in all, it's not as easy an undertaking as one would think.

Summary for TL:DR: we have bad priority system, and even worse managment.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    F\
    You might want to summary all "general" issues - just create a thread with 15 blank first post and fill it with "well -refined" ideas. Forum pretty much agrees on those like
    - new RP system like XP to RP
    - better RP UI
    - more RP return for current artifacts instead of 40%(80% on 2 rp)
    - new dungeons and new gear instead of "new" old gear
    - new animations and class encounters /feats that are not copy/paste from another class
    - "fix" tiamat and decrease tiamat grind
    - fix all RP stone madness and increase RP gain
    - "bad" new invocation system
    - more BoA rather then BoP stuff
    - Quality of life things like swap bar.
    - CC "feast" fix and balance . Or CC strength/resists proper application to all encounters and not "some occasionally"

That is not a bug list that is a wish list. A bug list would be actual mistakes/errors in the game, not purposefully implemented designs. For example

-ToD boons 6 & 7 (5 too?) don't give correct % bonus.
    -Tiamat head bugs making it impossible to win encounter.
    -Some new skill doesn't do what it says it does ect.

Bugs absolutely should be kept track of and fixed. This whole subforum is a list of wants/wishes.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah I guess what I was thinking of is how they sometimes put "known issues" into the notes. It would be nice to have a sticky somewhere that showed what the devs are considering known issues (based on our feedback)

The roar bug was actually a good example. While it did get qq, it also communicated that 1)it wasn't working like they wanted and 2) it was going to be fixed

Currently, we all give feedback after feedback (alot of it is repeated) and no way to know anything else until patch notes come out week/months later that say this was fixed or not working correctly.

Not asking for a status report from them, just more insight as to what they considering known issue.

Anyway didn't mean for this to be troll bait
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Closed per request of the OP.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com