test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the best weapon enchant for the SW? and why?

saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Nine Hells
I'm trying to choose the right one, I'd appreciate some feed back, please not just a one or two word answer
<SHADRA> Guild House currently open: NW-DBSTUHWLT
Post edited by saidencloud on

Comments

• pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Class? Build? All depends on how your lock is built. Most HB furies run vorpal for obvious reasons. I'm using life drinker as SB for upcoming mod6. Never honestly seen another sw with something other than vorpal. You may want to look into terror as I hear it's becoming the new op enchant for mod6.
  • korinth777korinth777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been using Terror for the necro damage. I really don't know how this will work in mod6, so you might want to wait a few days and try some different things out then.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    korinth777 wrote: »
    I've been using Terror for the necro damage. I really don't know how this will work in mod6, so you might want to wait a few days and try some different things out then.
    Yeah, I'd say sell everything and stock up with AD for now. Noone knows what's going to happen to enchantments still
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Terror Enchant, historically speaking, the Necro damage does not proc Creeping Deatgh(dont believe that changed in Mod 6)

I have not tested recently, but Lightning enchant can match DPS of Vorpal with 2 exceptions.

1: Vorpal wins vs Single Target, duh.

2: Vorpal requires pretty much a minimum of 35% chance to crit in order to proc enough to be beneficial.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if any changes have been made to the enchants, so the data that i gathered about this is out dated by 2 or 3 weeks on test server.

At that Time, Terror enchant seemed broken and not working, it was providing no where near a damage increase that Lightning or Vorpal was giving.

Has it been tested that DR can go into the negatives due to Armor Pen and DR reduction through enchants / Abilities?
    Meaning, is there still a damage increase even if the target has 0 % DR ?

Only nice thing about mod 6 is u dont need 2 Perfects to make a Pure, dont need 2 x 10's to make 1 x 11

Make upgrading stuff viable and worth doing lol
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lifedrinker will be the new bis enchantment for templocks. if they fix necrosis enchants proccing CD then I can see fury going for terror. If they don't then plaguefire will be better For fury and damnation
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    caexar wrote: »
    lifedrinker will be the new bis enchantment for templocks. if they fix necrosis enchants proccing CD then I can see fury going for terror. If they don't then plaguefire will be better For fury and damnation

I use Lifedrinker on a Damnation SW.
    It's not BiS by any means but with amount of lifesteal Soulbinder already has coupled with Lifedrinker, it adds up to a pretty considerable amount. Even if you manage to steal aggro on a boss with TT, the lifesteal is enough to keep you topped off for the entire duration of TT, considering you don't get stunned/hard CC'd.

tl;dr it's neat to solo with, makes you pretty self-sufficient in most scenarios (even low end dungeons)
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I love vorpal on my sw but really that is due to a lack of real creativity and willingness to risk the $$ on a different enchant. Imo if you go standard sw (fury hb or fury temp) you want vorp. If you want to be creative forget crit and stack the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of power with a lifedrinker.