test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove - Reuse, Cubes of Augmentation

mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
Please considering making it so that Cubes of Augmentation can be removed from Artifacts and reused in another artifact (make em BoE). Since our old artifact is being replaced please help us with the cost we spent on all those cubes. Having to buy all new ones again for new artifact and in future again, and again, and again as these things will surely keep getting replaced, makes me want to cry. XD

<3 With sugar on top-
- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
Post edited by mstrssihr on

Comments

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The whole cubes of augmentation system.. makes me want to cry.

I spent close to 500k unlocking a feature on my OH a few weeks ago due to respec. Price tag doesn't include the few unlocks and stat rolls prior. This was done thinking that our artifact equipment was going to stick around. Now it's just going into the dumpster aka new level 70 OH. I understand there are people out there that don't care about the AD sink but then there are other's where it does have an effect on their choices on where to spend that AD.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is another reason why I plan on skipping any new artifact gear going forward. It was a frustrating experience getting what I currently have, I don't want to go through that again.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Cubes are an AD sink. Without AD sinks, the economy will inflate out of control.

It's also a stupid tax, for those people who kept re-rolling and re-rolling to get a perfect 400.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    True, the ad sinks are necessary. But having had to use 8 sets of cubes for my GWF's feature unlock (not stat rolls), I'm like many, a bit grumpy. Since that has essentially a 1 module life-span.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I see why people are frustrated about it, but I'm not part of this boat.

If something doesn't sink the money I make from my leadership(and others) then we're gunna face some terrible market problems, more than your 200-300k on your off hand, now your vorpal enchant might be twice as expensive lol
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me at least it's less about the amount of currency involved and more about how it's spent. Lump sum = good, rng gamble = bad.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    True, the ad sinks are necessary. But having had to use 8 sets of cubes for my GWF's feature unlock (not stat rolls), I'm like many, a bit grumpy. Since that has essentially a 1 module life-span.

It's even worse now. There are twelve passive features to unlock. If you are unlucky you have to unlock all of them.

My GF had to unlock all ten features before I had the one I wanted.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are more than enough ad sinks without having to include cubes as well. If you disagree with what I've written below on whether certain thing(s) should be listed as "AD sinks" then that's cool, but I dont wanna hear about it. So feel free not to post any debate about how it's not an "ad sink" because it doesn't matter to me what you think. ty
    However, any that I haven't mentioned please feel free to remind me! :D

1. 4th Artifact slot.
    2. Kits that can be made under Professions (i.e. 100k needed for best kits)
    3. LOADS of items in the Zen Market are AD sinks, not all - but a Lot of them. (i.e. Change appearance, BoP mounts, campaign completion boosts, experience boosts, bank slots, retrain, rename, race reroll, char slots, active companion slots, idle companion slots.)
    4. Gear Transmute.
    5. Stat increase on Equipment, I've spent 400k so far because of the changes they make to my class it becomes necessary.
    6. Change Equipment Class features (150k AD if you're unlucky like me and got the one you wanted on the very last try.)
    7. Mod6 will make it so that the above two will now apply to main-hand, so that double the AD to include MH & OH.
    8. Rush a task and complete it, with AD (i.e professions and companion training, etc)
    9. Ranking Artifacts to Legendary and now Mythic.
    10. Ranking companions to new ranks (i.e. Green, Blue, Epic. I have been unable to get all 5 of my companions to epic because of all the AD sinks.)
    11. AH takes it's 10% cut off the top. Everybody needs <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the AH, all the freaking time.
    12. Events such as the Chicken Egg event.
    13. ......*sigh* ...I could go on for days I think, these were what came to mind straight away.

These here are not "ad sinks" per say but should be mentioned:

- Each new Mod costs a fortune (new necks, rings, gear,artifacts, etc.).
    - The constant adding of new enchantment slots (that can now go to rank 12) is trying to bury each one of us in a black hole, pres wards & marks don't grow on trees ya know?

AND we have a a lack of being able to farm AD (the beginning mods did not plague us with this issue!) so FFS, if you yourself have a butt-load of AD just sitting around then go to the AH and do some freaking shopping- not all of us are rich! Many players are hurting with a lot of these sinks and just want some help!! This would be a very honorable step for them to take, it will not hurt the game, it will help those who need it though!

ADD: They would need to become BoE if this idea were ever implemented.

reiwulf wrote: »
    Nobody in here is ordering Cryptic to do anything, we're just the players and customers. All these threads are SUGGESTIONS. That's what MMO forums are for.

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    The Cubes are an AD sink. Without AD sinks, the economy will inflate out of control.

It was actually one of the few AD sinks that really worked. If you watch the ZAX, it started to dive as people got a hold of their offhands and had to spend lots of AD to upgrade them.

It really was a boon for most players, especially those who are true F2Pers. What you might not realize is that AD sinks work in your favor, and the lower the exchange rate, the better off you are. Whereas a high exchange rate favors people who throw money at the game.

So it really is a matter of perspective here.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    who cares, 400 points are like 1% more of a really secondary stat.
    dont waste astrals
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It was actually one of the few AD sinks that really worked. If you watch the ZAX, it started to dive as people got a hold of their offhands and had to spend lots of AD to upgrade them.

It really was a boon for most players, especially those who are true F2Pers. What you might not realize is that AD sinks work in your favor, and the lower the exchange rate, the better off you are. Whereas a high exchange rate favors people who throw money at the game.

So it really is a matter of perspective here.

acualy it has more to do with people saved zen for the new mod just like they are doing now and after the mod gets released the price settles back down
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    who cares, 400 points are like 1% more of a really secondary stat.
    dont waste astrals

Offhand gives 1% and a buff to a bonus feature. Mainhand gives 1%, and this is just the beginning of these types of changes I imagine. The stat is not meant to be looked at in the way you are looking it, so it's obviously a a bit flawed going by your outlook. I'm simply suggesting the system could use some TLC.