test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Solo Class?

goodlockyluxgoodlockylux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvE Discussion
Title explains it all. Many of the posts I find on this subject are outdated so I might as well get current information.
Post edited by goodlockylux on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The big question is:
    What do you want out of your Class?
    A) Survivability: Guardian Fighter, hands down.
    B) Ranged DpS: Control Wizard or (possibly) Divine Cleric.
    C) Melee DpS: Trickster Rogue.
    D) Crowd Control: Control Wizard.
    E) Balanced: (debatable) Great Weapons Fighter.
    F) Wild Card: Scourge Warlock.

Of course, all of this is moot.
    On the 17'th Mod 6 will launch and they will be changing the fundamentals of how all classes are played, as well as introducing a new Class entirely.
    So, just wait until about a month after Mod 6 drops, THEN come back and ask that. You might get a useful answer by then.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    The big question is:

G) A little bit of A,B,C,and E...Roll a Hunter Ranger :)
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't see Hunter Ranger on the list. Combat and trapper do just fine solo. Don't even need a companion besides augment. Archery is much trickier.

Come mod 6 with crushing roots, with the way it is now on preview, HR is lulz class to play since everything is dazed (and rooted as trapper).
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    leveling gwf
    dungeon gf
    questing cw
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    G) A little bit of A,B,C,and E...Roll a Hunter Ranger :)

Actually I'd say A through F. Hunters can do all of it.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • goodlockyluxgoodlockylux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you all! I try out a hunter ranger then come back after the 17th and see how much things have changed.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The answer to these threads is always CW.

CW has and will probably remain the uncontested King of PVE since launch.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All classes can solo stuff, but if your looking for just speed to rip through items I would go with this list at the current second.

My list combines the following criteria (solo, speed, survive-ability, dps, control, self heals) (I have one of each class) PLEASE keep in mind my list is a combined personal grade, others might have it different, this is my ASPECT of looking at each class for the requested OP in terms of easy to do solo work.

A. GWF (sent now, back to destroyer mod 6)(you need decent gearing) but in terms of pure solo work, they are still best at all 5 categories combined) They just are not nearly as good in group as they used to be and if you ever want to pvp, its far down on the list now.

B. CW(thaum or renagade), whats to say, they have been PVE gods for along time, solo, group, pvp all good, check, check, check.

C. DC, Righeous only, the other two lines ARE WAY to slow and would be down near the end of the list.

D. HR, Archery or Trapper (especially mod 6, crazy things going on with them) will blow through everything, but frankly lack all the control, speed the top 2 have in comparison to PURE solo work) Combat blows now in comparison.

E. TR, be anything, executioner is best for solo pve though, Smoke bomb is crazy.. tops for pvp.

F. SW (fury), they are really powerful (though TT is getting nerfed. ) but they will require some gearing to get that, I actually found them a fairly week class in comparison to level.

G. GF.. so you wont die, they did up DPS at one point so its not quite as bad, but even DPS traited.. you ARE not going to blow through things fast, its really slow in comparison.

H. Paladin.. see above, but THEY even have less dps atm.. omg, paint dry stuff going on here atm.

AGAIN, this is only for SOLO work aspect, my list would have different ranks for other aspects of the game. like if you EVER do any sort of PVE grouping, CW would rank #1, by far.
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd say HR for sure. Fully charged split shot will clear entire trash packs most of the time. Bigger mobs will usually fall the the subsequent rapid shots before they get to you. Much bigger ones like golems might require some actual moving out of the way, but yeah, HR are fast. At least that's true with dragon bone weapons and rank 6 radiants while leveling.

I think rogues are only slightly less fast. Stealthed dazing strike, again, will clear entire trash packs with the added benefit of the daze that won't wear off until after whatever is left alive dies. GO sab and you'll get a second stealthed Lashing right after that to kill almost anything.

SW are slightly less fast, but Shadow Slip is nice and you get DT pretty early which is another one that's good at demolishing entire packs. THe fireball power is pretty nice too, when the curse consume mechanic actually works anyway.

After that is probably DC thanks to the mod 5 changes. Once you get chains you can kill entire packs pretty quickly. Daunting light is good at that too.

One thing I'm sure about is GFs are slow. Not a whole lot of damage output, but tons of survivability.

Edit: How did I forget CW? I sent all my dragon hoard enchants to my CW because she destroys mobs faster than anything. MoF Thaum. She just runs straight through instances while mobs try to catch up to her and die.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Best Solo Class is like who is the best surfer..........the one having the most fun!!! :cool:

Only you can decide which one that is. :confused:
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you want a straight up answer instead of these obtuse ones, then perma tr. People can try to make all classes equal as much as they like, the fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter how good I am, I can't solo CN on a 9k gs CW. On a 9k gs perma tr, you can. I define best solo class as the class that can solo the most with the least input and the crown definately goes to tr.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you want a straight up answer instead of these obtuse ones, then perma tr.

Does Perma TR still exist after the last changes to that class?
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As far as best "solo" class. This is very subjective question to me. Everyone has their own play style. The true answer is there is no 'best' solo class. All classes are perfectly capable of soloing through all the normal quest zones. What you should do is create one, and play it a while to see if you like it.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Does Perma TR still exist after the last changes to that class?
    Yes, if they go for sabo tree.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The big question is:

...that was the only class that I didn't manage the Beholder in the vault of the nine with. Adds simply killed her from behind. Got swamped to death in places before, and running doesn't even exist as the concept of an option, so I'd vote AC-DC...

Add in MI-TR. Stink Bomb works perfectly well when soloing. MI to make it proc SoD for the added terminal CC effect. HR shouldn't be underestimated, too. But the CW gets stuff earlier on, so your point is totally valid where leveling is concerned.

Of course, all of this is moot.
    On the 17'th Mod 6 will launch and they will be changing the fundamentals of how all classes are played, as well as introducing a new Class entirely.
    So, just wait until about a month after Mod 6 drops, THEN come back and ask that. You might get a useful answer by then.

Pally left out, I'd say:

- Most fun, though sometimes challenging: (Trapper) Hunter Ranger
    - Easy mode: Executioner Master Infiltrator TR, Righteous Divine Oracle DC
    - Best Light Show & Stunts: Any Control Wizard
    - Fail Safe Slo Mo Mode: Anointed Champion DC, Great Weapons Fighter
    - Most Laid Back: Temptation Warlock with a robust companion
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...that was the only class that I didn't manage the Beholder in the vault of the nine with. Adds simply killed her from behind. Got swamped to death in places before, and running doesn't even exist as the concept of an option, so I'd vote AC-DC...

Add in MI-TR. Stink Bomb works perfectly well when soloing. MI to make it proc SoD for the added terminal CC effect. HR shouldn't be underestimated, too. But the CW gets stuff earlier on, so your point is totally valid where leveling is concerned.

Pally left out, I'd say:

- Most fun, though sometimes challenging: (Trapper) Hunter Ranger
    - Easy mode: Executioner Master Infiltrator TR, Righteous Divine Oracle DC
    - Best Light Show & Stunts: Any Control Wizard
    - Fail Safe Slo Mo Mode: Anointed Champion DC, Great Weapons Fighter
    - Most Laid Back: Temptation Warlock with a robust companion

Odd.
    I steamrolled the Beholder with my GF.
    It was by far the easiest of the Vault fights for me.
    Although I do have a seriously Offensive Specked build with an emphasis on PbAoE's.
    Probably just a play style thing.
    Unless I am thinking of a totally different Fight here? (won't be the first time :) )
    You mean the one where get your Class Artifacts, right?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Odd.
    I steamrolled the Beholder with my GF.
    It was by far the easiest of the Vault fights for me.
    Although I do have a seriously Offensive Specked build with an emphasis on PbAoE's.
    Probably just a play style thing.
    Unless I am thinking of a totally different Fight here? (won't be the first time :) )
    You mean the one where get your Class Artifacts, right?

Yes.

But I have to admit that that was shortly after Mod 3 release, and pre-GF-revitalization buff. When the GWF still was the to-go tank...
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Best in all aspects, solo, dungeon run, defense(stealth), best game mechanics, PVE and PVP, easy game play, constant DEV love and so on... tra tra tra ladies and gentlemen our winner is the TR ofc, followed by CW.

P.S.: This comes from a guy, who has them all and plays them all.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Title explains it all. Many of the posts I find on this subject are outdated so I might as well get current information.

In mod6 when your HP bar only goes downhill, OP is the only playable class, and therefore the best. Or the less worst.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    In mod6 when your HP bar only goes downhill, OP is the only playable class, and therefore the best. Or the less worst.

Nah, DC will be quite nice too. Other classes won't be bad, only they'd proly have to use a healing companion every now and then. Or drink many potions, what I suppose won't be that much of a problem, afterall, gold shortage is not a thing after you hit 60.

TR is really very powerful class atm, but they'll get nerfed eventually. HR is fun and they get that new deadly roots...

Choices, choices. Just play what you find the best looking?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you want a straight up answer instead of these obtuse ones, then perma tr. People can try to make all classes equal as much as they like, the fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter how good I am, I can't solo CN on a 9k gs CW. On a 9k gs perma tr, you can. I define best solo class as the class that can solo the most with the least input and the crown definately goes to tr.

Good call, since the point of this thread was the "best solo" class, which would include dungeons. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
This discussion has been closed.