test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Increased return rate for using an artifact equipment into another one.

denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
Hello all, with the addition of new artifact equipment it has been clear to alot of people that they dislike the idea of losing their progress made on their lv 60 items artifacts.

So I've been thinking, there's ideas to increase RP.. and other things which are good, but wouldn't patch up the hole completely.

So progressing towards the thread title, I think alot of the bitterness seen on the forums is due to the fact most people don't realize you can take your old item and dump it in the new one and get some progress back. However that progress back is pretty small...So I suggest that increasing the return rate for using the same type of artifact(Main-hand to Main-hand for example) from x2 to x3 perhaps would ease the gap between progress made and progress lost.

Let's say I had a legendary item (which I don't lol) and I took my lv 60 main hand and dumped it into the lv 70 new version, then I could get 80%, or even 100% RP back, you'd still pay the marks and the remaining RP to finish upgrading, but your race is pretty short since you've already gone to legendary before, and any item which you didn't have before wouldn't be given to you free, so you still gotta climb the ladder.

I believe that would relieve some of the tension that's going on with artifact equipment.

Thanks for reading and possible consideration.
I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
Post edited by denvald on

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The problem with refining the lvl 60 artifact gear into the lvl 70 one, besides only getting a pathetic 40% of RP back, is that my current bow and cloak are transmuted into unique items that cannot be gained again. So I'll be using them for transmuting.

However, I wholly agree that the RP value for artifact equipment should be more akin to artifacts. 40% is a kick in the balls.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree, you should be able to get all the RP you put into the old item. It's disheartening to lose 60% of your hard work. I have worked on my mainhand for 6 months (it's level 46 now, maybe I could've gotten it to orange in another 6 :P) and I feel sad that a big part of that effort was for nothing.

I just think news of new gear should bring some excitement, not overwhelming disappointment.
  • Options
    guidakisguidakis Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    just wait for a double RP and get 80%.
    It's not that bad.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    guidakis wrote: »
    It's not that bad.

You only get 80% on the RP you spend on a 2x RP event like the current one and then use the old artifact gear on the new one. If your artifact gear is not legendary yet and you continue to feed RP to it when 2x RP is not running, you can only get 20%, or at most 40% on another 2x RP day, on whatever RP you feed into it after the 2x RP event is over later today.

Although not as bad as 20% or 40%, it is still very bad actually because whatever RP you fed into your old artifact before this 2x event will get you at most 40% on another 2x day that you will have to wait and hope for in the future.

80% return is only on RP fed into the current artifact gear DURING this 2x RP event, and under the assumption that (1) there will be another 2x RP in the future and (2) you have the new artifact gear in the next (if it comes) 2x RP event.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    guidakis wrote: »
    It's not that bad.

As opposed to waiting for double RP weekend and getting an actual reward for RP invested, as with artifacts and everything else. No not good enough I'm afraid. We deserve better. Yes, you heard me. If it wasn't for us this game would have crashed and burned a very long time ago. Respect your player community Cryptic!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Look at this from Crytic's side of things... They will tell you they ARE giving you 80% of your RP back to you.

The math:

4.6 million RP needed. Everyone waits for 2xRP right? So really you just put 2.3 million RP in that item.

80% of 2.3 million is 1.84 million.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    canmann wrote: »
    Look at this from Crytic's side of things... They will tell you they ARE giving you 80% of your RP back to you.

The math:

4.6 million RP needed. Everyone waits for 2xRP right? So really you just put 2.3 million RP in that item.

Read my post (#5) on this thread. If you have put RP in your level 60 artifact gear on a non 2x RP day you can only get 40% back on the next 2x RP day. That also means from now until the next 2x RP day (if it comes) whatever RP you into your current artifact gear can only give you back at most 40%, not 80%.

So are you telling us not to do anything on non 2x RP days and just religiously pray for the 2nd coming of 2x RP days?
  • Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    canmann wrote: »

The math:

When you say it like that, what you're basically saying is that there's is a very limited timeframe where the refining interface is usable. That's kind of a problem...

Not to mention that on 2x rp you can get more rp than you put in no matter what level you refine it up to (up to a cost effective 8x return rate at level 59).

As I said before, if a system doesn't work well, find ways to make it better rather than trying to find ways to justify it. Otherwise we will be the ones that lose out.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I've been talking with friends, and the Return rate for using an artifact item into another one is 40%, or 80% during the double weekends.

While the 2x RP rate is acceptable, the normal rate is not, I can see some potential problems with people who cannot be online during 2x weekends.

How about selling some temporary double refinement items in the zen shop? 1 or two hours at a time perhaps, this would also ease up the market prices among other things
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread