test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would be your next AMA Questions? (Unofficial)

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I first have to state I am not aware of any upcoming AMA yet after the one made 2 months ago. However, I think it doesn't hurt that we round up some of our current questions in preparation for it so as to not make any more rimshot questions and be more direct to the point so we could get answers in appropriate manner.

Also, it is my hope that players from around the globe who are not free during the AMA session can have equal chance by dropping their questions here and have someone available during that period do a simple "copy paste" of our list to ask in the next AMA.

So, what would your next AMA Questions be?

Feel free to post here or on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2x8dcd/what_would_be_your_next_ama_questions_unofficial/).
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    What is the plan to bring back a sense of community to this current single player rp grindfest?
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you intend on simplifying the cumbersome refining system, if not why? What are your reasons for retaining the existing system? (i.e. the never-ending drag & drop, the 40+ different refining stones we need to store with limited storage space, etc.)

Do you intend on fixing the need/greed system? (remove need/greed, and just give ALL party members an equal chance at the loot) If you have no intentions of making adjustments, what are your reasons for retaining the existing system?

Are you going to remove the completion delay for professions from the in-game interface? If you intend on retaining the existing delay, why?

What I would love to see is some transparency from Cryptic
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i would not ask a thing...
    i will read it some days after while in the bathroom like always..for some reasons it helps.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What is the long term plan for the game? where do they see the game in 5 years from now?
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are you happy with Paladin? What do you think about all the negative feedback?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When are you going to implement the fourth cornerstone "key feature" of the game?
    Infinite Content

Neverwinter comes with the Foundry, a dynamic toolset that provides you the game assets and a sandbox environment to create your own adventures. When your creation is complete, you can hook it up directly into the existing world for everyone in the community to play!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's a sense in the player community that Cryptic is more in the business of telling it's customers (us) what we want, rather than listening and giving us what we want. I realize what a lot of people want isn't appropriate, but this is still true in the broader sense as well. Do they have any plans or would they be open to creating a way for players be more involved in roadmap planning? A player board, for example, or different subject-specific groups (Guild, PvP, Class/balance, etc). Not an open community, but much much smaller. Perhaps under NDA, like how it was in Alpha so they can be more open with the information they share.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Was the refinement system built for pleasure or pain?
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll keep this list updated.

General
    • What is the long term plan for the game? where do they see the game in 5 years from now?
    • How have your feelings about the game changed over the past 2 years? What would you do differently if you could go back to Beta?
    • What is the plan to bring back a sense of community to this current single player rp grindfest?
    • There's a sense in the player community that Cryptic is more in the business of telling it's customers (us) what we want, rather than listening and giving us what we want. I realize what a lot of people want isn't appropriate, but this is still true in the broader sense as well. Do they have any plans or would they be open to creating a way for players be more involved in roadmap planning? A player board, for example, or different subject-specific groups (Guild, PvP, Class/balance, etc). Not an open community, but much much smaller. Perhaps under NDA, like how it was in Alpha so they can be more open with the information they share.
    • Are you ever going to move away from the apparent business model of Pay not to Grind? I remember reading in a previous AMA about how your philosophy on the whole P2W/F2P issue was that you hated the idea of Pay to Win and instead wanted to focus on making a gabme that was so good, the users would want to pay for it buy purchashing things like mounts and dyes and companions and such. I loved reading that. Made me so happy, and I went and bought a mount because I was still playing that fun game you designed to get me from level 1 to level 60. But now that I'm at the endgame content on multiple characters, I've got to say it feels like very many minor quality of life improvements that have been suggested by the community are ignored entirely, things that would make the game better so people would want to pay for it, while new tedious RP grinds are added that can be skipped with the purchase of enough blood ruby packs. Month-long time-gated campaigns that can be skipped for 50 dollars are another example of this apparent Pay not to Grind (PntG) business model. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pushed by the game to pay to skip over a frustrating experience and I kind of resent that because I thought you guys really cared about making a game that people would honestly want to pay for because it was so good. I honestly feel like some of these things are purposely designed to be frustrating so I'll pay to skip over them and that's really not cool.

Game Features
    • Are you going to remove the completion delay for professions from the in-game interface? If you intend on retaining the existing delay, why?
    • Can there be a function to allow additional hot bar windows (the squares to the right of the encounter/mount) for items that must be kept in inventory, but not necessarily hot keyed?
    • Will you please make more "bind on account on pickup" items? Things like mulhorand gear cannot be sold, salvaged, or transferred. It's really sad when I have to just discard an item that I won from a box that's so rare or paid a good deal on the AH for. BoAoP solves many botting/illegitimate actions (as you've noticed and began to do with more frequency, thank you but keep going) without completely punishing legit players, too.

Classes
    • i would ask why GWF class was nerfed to the ground and then refused by devs to be brought back on other classes lvls.

Dungeons
    • Do you intend on fixing the need/greed system? (remove need/greed, and just give ALL party members an equal chance at the loot) If you have no intentions of making adjustments, what are your reasons for retaining the existing system?

Refining System
    • Have you made any plans to adhere to your goal of simplicity in refining when you originally changed the refinement system, and are you aware that you've made it much more complicated than it was originally?
    • Are you satisfied with the RP requirements of artifact equipment? Could you share the metrics of how many people refine via purchasing RP vs farming RP normally? How many players achieve epic or legendary quality on single vs. multiple characters?
    • Do you intend on simplifying the cumbersome refining system, if not why? What are your reasons for retaining the existing system? (i.e. the never-ending drag & drop, the 40+ different refining stones we need to store with limited storage space, etc.)
    • Was the refinement system built for pleasure or pain?

Foundries
    • My only question is if they realize the potential they have with the Foundry and when they plan to put in the required effort to make it what they promised it would be.
    • "Neverwinter comes with the Foundry, a dynamic toolset that provides you the game assets and a sandbox environment to create your own adventures. When your creation is complete, you can hook it up directly into the existing world for everyone in the community to play!"
      When are you going to implement the fourth cornerstone "key feature" of the game?
      (I seriously cannot find way to transfer your quoted text into here, what were you doing?

Module 6
    rayrdan wrote: »
    it was said we will have a full respec with power included.
    i dont know how it will end up
    Why a poll?

It's confirmed that we're getting a full re-spec.

There are some really thoughtful & informative questions here guys, keep them coming.
    Reddit post will also be kept up to date here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2x8dcd/what_would_be_your_next_ama_questions_unofficial/
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As we now have an official thread for such questions, it is not necessary for this thread to remain open.

Please direct your questions here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?858231-Reddit-AMA-with-Producer-Lindsay-Haven&goto=newpost
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.