Install Arc
Options

Invoking on preview - something new?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lokahn11lokahn11 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If this updated invoking system is implemented I would love to read about how it will 'improve the gameplay experience'...
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Once again, Ironzerg, you fail to see the point of the post. Please, just stop correcting something that is a discussion of possible scenarios. I was not referencing or giving critique to what is currently present on preview, but the idea of invoking that gives rewards based on contiguousness or cumulativeness. The post is related to a principle called prophylaxis, a common element of chess. Learn it, and adapt your responses to me accordingly.

It is entirely a sound principle to think of the consequence of decision that the devs might adapt a time-based login reward and institute into the game. Just because preview may currently have the contiguous system of time does not mean that it might be adapted to a cumulative idea. However, point #3 would still apply to a cumulative record of time keeping. Therefore, the post serves the purpose of going to the root idea of adding in a time-based login-reward system.

So, whereas preview currently has the contiguous system of time-based reward, it is by no means certain whether that system or any for that matter is instituted. It is so basic at this point, that prophylaxis is a better tool for evaluation than bare criticism.

Finally, I specifically stated, "But, as it is clearly a test of an idea on preview, I have no official feedback yet."

Thank you.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    New invoking system is kind of neat , if you stay on the full 90 minutes you get a second Celestial coin , so basically 2 coffers per week on main and 1 per week still on alts , shame about the loss of AD on prayer alts though .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So they nerfed the AD gain heavily unless you invoke multiple times, but at least you'll still be getting those coins. Could be worse.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    New invoking system is kind of neat , if you stay on the full 90 minutes you get a second Celestial coin , so basically 2 coffers per week on main and 1 per week still on alts , shame about the loss of AD on prayer alts though .

90 minutes or 4 hours? Because when I went to invoke the second time, it set the timer for 30 minutes. And the third set the timer for 45 minutes.

And it does look like the timer counts down while you're offline...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    90 minutes or 4 hours? Because when I went to invoke the second time, it set the timer for 30 minutes. And the third set the timer for 45 minutes.

Ahaha yeah sorry I read the new countdown window the wrong way , its +15 , +30 ,+45 etc so yes 4 hours xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the new invoking system. It rewards players without punishing alts. It's insightful and well designed.

Kudos, Cryptic.
  • Options
    dwamurdwamur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From what I've seen on preview, it's 4 hours total. The timer does count down while you're logged out. The 6th invoke gives you a 2nd celestial coin, meaning you can get a coffer every 3.5 days instead of every 7 days. Three different kind of coffers now, which all have the same description text still: Celestial Enchantments (assuming this will be enchantments and wards), Celestial Artifacts and Celestial Artifact Equipment.

People with scripts will see an advantage: It's easier to log in X characters after 0, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes (or at 0, 15, 45, 90, 150, 240 minutes if you prefer to count it that way) with a script than it is to do that manually. Still, the rewards will remain account-bound I'm sure. This is not something that helps commercial farmers. Botting / scripting is a larger question than just invokes, and would need a more comprehensive answer. Even the largest MMO company struggles with that one.

Overall I think I like the change. It rewards people who actually play their characters. I think individual players who resort to scripts are an exception.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People running scripts will ALWAYS have an advantage. That's why scripts are against the TOS.

Invoking changes won't affect bots or alt armies, but successfully reward players actually playing the game. Elegantly simple.