test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would like to see added in Mod 6

dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Here are some idea's I would like to see happen with mod 6 that i think many players would like and why i think it would be nice to have done.

1. additional item slots in the mail.
Why? Many players including myself who like to transfer items between multiple characters and with only 5 slots at a time to send can sometimes be tedious, Yes i know we were given the shared bank slots, but would also be nice to have more then 5 slots. 10 would be much better for a matter of convenience.

2. The ability to delete multiple mail messages at once. Maybe add a checkbox beside each one and then a bulk delete all at once option.
Why? In the past when buying alot of rank 3 and 4's to refine my artifacts. I have had many times filled my mailbox with alot of single purchases to the point that i have to be at the mailbox and spam delete / enter to delete them all 1 at a time. The option to choose "delete all empty messages" or put a checkmark in each one i want, then choose "delete" or "bulk delete" would be nice.

3. Remove the Delete / discard option from epic items and or artifacts.
Why? many a times when having to right click, then choosing Refine, I have on more then one occasion selected discard by accident and almost delete my artifact (of any type) or epic item. Mainly due to lag or a simple mouse misclick. maybe even an option to remove it from these options would be nice.

That's all i can think for now. I imagine there are other ideas that would be nice to see added or modified for simplicity or of convenience that other players would like to see as well..

If you have any additional idea's feel free to reply to this post.
5790248SLdyC.png
Post edited by dyeslee on

Comments

• henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You are a bit late for Mod 6, mate. Maybe aim at Mod 7.

I agree on the bulk mail delete but not on the others. Incidentally,"used" auction house mails automatically delete after a few days (maybe 7?).
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    4.) Add an "Identify all unidentified items" button to the inventory

5.) Add a "Cash in all tasks" button to the Professions interface, also a "launch in three slots" option in the task starting dialog.

6.) Add - maybe toggleable - additional boxes to the Refining dialog.

Enough for now... "...I could go on... ...but I won't... ...but I could..."
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    #4 Do you want a Red colored " Alert. . . Alert. . . Alert, not enough Scrolls to identify all." language added?

My choice would be if you've identified the exact same item 5 or 10 times - then you can auto identify it in the future. Another option is that you can ID anything that is 5 levels below yours automatically.

I agree with 5 and 6.
    4.) Add an "Identify all unidentified items" button to the inventory

5.) Add a "Cash in all tasks" button to the Professions interface, also a "launch in three slots" option in the task starting dialog.

6.) Add - maybe toggleable - additional boxes to the Refining dialog.

Enough for now... "...I could go on... ...but I won't... ...but I could..."
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    #1 Only a few times I've needed more than 5 slots, but I do like a previous proposal for 6 items (or 12) since that is the number of one row of pack slots.

#2 +1 for me.

#3 Another option of an additional message of "Are you really sure you want to Delete this Very
    Valuable Item?"
    dyeslee wrote: »
    Here are some idea's I would like to see happen with mod 6 that i think many players would like and why i think it would be nice to have done.

1. additional item slots in the mail.
    Why? Many players including myself who like to transfer items between multiple characters and with only 5 slots at a time to send can sometimes be tedious, Yes i know we were given the shared bank slots, but would also be nice to have more then 5 slots. 10 would be much better for a matter of convenience.

2. The ability to delete multiple mail messages at once. Maybe add a checkbox beside each one and then a bulk delete all at once option.
    Why? In the past when buying alot of rank 3 and 4's to refine my artifacts. I have had many times filled my mailbox with alot of single purchases to the point that i have to be at the mailbox and spam delete / enter to delete them all 1 at a time. The option to choose "delete all empty messages" or put a checkmark in each one i want, then choose "delete" or "bulk delete" would be nice.

3. Remove the Delete / discard option from epic items and or artifacts.
    Why? many a times when having to right click, then choosing Refine, I have on more then one occasion selected discard by accident and almost delete my artifact (of any type) or epic item. Mainly due to lag or a simple mouse misclick. maybe even an option to remove it from these options would be nice.

That's all i can think for now. I imagine there are other ideas that would be nice to see added or modified for simplicity or of convenience that other players would like to see as well..

If you have any additional idea's feel free to reply to this post.
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    An odd one, maybe, but I'd like to see the ability to make basic changes to your companions. Just hair and skin colour (standard palletes, when first 'equipped') and possibly the chance to throw dye packs at them to change thier gear's colours. Just a few variables to set on the companion, shouldn't be difficult.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since they are insisting on adding new lvl 70 artifact gear a new refinement interface so I don't have to spend hours of mind numbing dragging and dropping five items at a time into the refinement interface.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I could choose one thing, and one thing only is that they could allow us (somehow, including even a high cost) to move Legendary equipment across the characters in our accounts. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer to leave the game before paying millions gearing up a new character. So I could play another character for a while, if I don't like it then I have to pay again in order to go back to my previous char. People would pay for this and it would be also an AD sink.

Bonus: If we were able to do it, once the devs notice that in PvP 95% of the players are TR and CW for PvE, then they will notice that there's something wrong with these classes.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would really like to be able to raise the number of items I can put on the AH.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Are we gonna do this again? A bit pointless by now, but sure, why not.

1) Improve Foundry rewards. My new favorite idea is having them award campaign currencies (or tokens to be exchanged for such) so that we can all run foundry quests instead of Dailies and get campaign credit. There are lots of other ideas for this though, and we definitely need an improvement in rewards to make them playable.
    2) Engaging content where choices matter. Give the players a choice that maybe changes what quests they are given in a meaningful way. Make content where there are lives to SAVE (not just kill) you have to choose between going after the bad guy now, or saving people and having a harder time of it later. Maybe if you chase the bad guy NOW, you can stop him before he completes his evil scheme, but for failing to save someone's life, you make a new enemy out for revenge later? But if you stop to save the townsfolk now, the villain might do even more damage elsewhere. What is the greater act of heroism? Do you really know?
    3) Challenges with multiple solutions. Multiple solutions that are all killing everything in sight (though I'm ok with that always being 1 of the choices, so that people who want to play like that can. But also give us the option of diplomacy, trickery, stealth, and so forth.
    4) Better Foundry Search Engine with Author-set Tags. Authors need to set the tags, not the players. Authors are much better judges of what they are trying to do than the players, and as is, every quest after enough plays eventually picks up EVERY tag, making the whole system useless. If authors set the tags, it makes the quests MUCH easier to find.
    5) Other Foundry improvements. Proper timers, OR logic, branching quests, proper boss fights, FIX THE BUGS, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rcn808rcn808 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to see the bugs, that are being asked to be fixed for ages, to be fixed finally.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only thing I'd like is a way to adjust difficulty so I could properly enjoy foundries instead of plow through them.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    An odd one, maybe, but I'd like to see the ability to make basic changes to your companions. Just hair and skin colour (standard palletes, when first 'equipped') and possibly the chance to throw dye packs at them to change thier gear's colours. Just a few variables to set on the companion, shouldn't be difficult.

^^^Very much this^^^ Add to this, Mounts....
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    You are a bit late for Mod 6, mate. Maybe aim at Mod 7.

I agree on the bulk mail delete but not on the others. Incidentally,"used" auction house mails automatically delete after a few days (maybe 7?).

I saw a post by a dev which said that the content of mod6, mod7 and mod8 was defined already and would not be modified. So, we can guess that suggestions are only relevant for Mod9 or Mod10, if any.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    I saw a post by a dev which said that the content of mod6, mod7 and mod8 was defined already and would not be modified. So, we can guess that suggestions are only relevant for Mod9 or Mod10, if any.

Then you misunderstand. It was said by sprawlfx. He said that things are planned out to mod 8, but not once did he say that those plans are set in stone. However, he did mention that resources may be drawn away from some planned endeavors to undertake others during that time.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The most desired new feature is gear/encounters sets, allowing fast and easy switching between single target set and AOE set for example (or PVP PWE). And I really hope if such thing is implemented it won't be useless because of enchantments stuck to only one set or any other showstopping limitation.
    The second thing, or actually it is #1 or #0 is to fix connection issues. Yes i have read many times that problem is out of cryptic's control. That is not true. If their ISP can't provide reliable service, they should change ISP. This game is most unreliable internet-based service I've seen for years. And I Played many other games in this time, none of them had such long-term connectivity problems. There is no point of creating new content if it is unplayable, because of bad ISP or bad router or something else non-directly game-related.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Then you misunderstand. It was said by sprawlfx. However, they said that things are planned out to mod 8, but not once did he say that those plans are set in stone. However, he did mention that resources may be drawn away from some planned endeavors to undertake others during that time.

Yeah, you would expect (and hope!) that the big stuff is planned 2 or 3 mods ahead and that there is a vague "roadmap" for a few mods beyond that but that there is always room for smaller changes and tweaks. However, once a mod hits preview I think it is too late for any significant changes. All the dev time will be going on tweaking numbers and bug fixing (and possibly deciding which bugs cannot be fixed in time!)

So suggestions are always worthwhile but don't expect them to be implemented quickly.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    make it so that I can drop 99 enchants at a time to refine or the number of enchants you have in a slot(34,23)
    so I dont have to drop 5 every time,because its annoying
    and ppl get carpal tunnel because of this(pain in the forearm to the palm of your hand)
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Only thing I'd like is a way to adjust difficulty so I could properly enjoy foundries instead of plow through them.
    it would help a lot if they made foundry difficulty scale not just by level, but by gear score and party size. This has been requested a hundred times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    foundry quests giving a token that can be exchanged for campaign currencies.
    so people can run foundry quests instead of the same boring old dailies everyday.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    The most desired new feature is gear/encounters sets, allowing fast and easy switching between single target set and AOE set for example (or PVP PWE). And I really hope if such thing is implemented it won't be useless because of enchantments stuck to only one set or any other showstopping limitation.
    The second thing, or actually it is #1 or #0 is to fix connection issues. Yes i have read many times that problem is out of cryptic's control. That is not true. If their ISP can't provide reliable service, they should change ISP. This game is most unreliable internet-based service I've seen for years. And I Played many other games in this time, none of them had such long-term connectivity problems. There is no point of creating new content if it is unplayable, because of bad ISP or bad router or something else non-directly game-related.

Has nothing to do with their ISP and everything to do with backbone providers that carry traffic between ISPs.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Has nothing to do with their ISP and everything to do with backbone providers that carry traffic between ISPs.

That is not entirely correct. I am not saying this just to argue with you. I have some experience with networking and I know what i am talking about.
    edited February 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    That is not entirely correct. I am not saying this just to argue with you. I have some experience with networking and I know what i am talking about.

As do I.

I would reasonably expect, then, that you should know that there are factors which contribute to lag and latency outside the control of Cryptic's ISP, and the fact that ISPs with the volume necessary to handle the needs of a company such as Cryptic don't grow on trees.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »
    Are we gonna do this again? A bit pointless by now, but sure, why not.

1) Improve Foundry rewards. My new favorite idea is having them award campaign currencies (or tokens to be exchanged for such) so that we can all run foundry quests instead of Dailies and get campaign credit. There are lots of other ideas for this though, and we definitely need an improvement in rewards to make them playable.
    2) Engaging content where choices matter. Give the players a choice that maybe changes what quests they are given in a meaningful way. Make content where there are lives to SAVE (not just kill) you have to choose between going after the bad guy now, or saving people and having a harder time of it later. Maybe if you chase the bad guy NOW, you can stop him before he completes his evil scheme, but for failing to save someone's life, you make a new enemy out for revenge later? But if you stop to save the townsfolk now, the villain might do even more damage elsewhere. What is the greater act of heroism? Do you really know?
    3) Challenges with multiple solutions. Multiple solutions that are all killing everything in sight (though I'm ok with that always being 1 of the choices, so that people who want to play like that can. But also give us the option of diplomacy, trickery, stealth, and so forth.
    4) Better Foundry Search Engine with Author-set Tags. Authors need to set the tags, not the players. Authors are much better judges of what they are trying to do than the players, and as is, every quest after enough plays eventually picks up EVERY tag, making the whole system useless. If authors set the tags, it makes the quests MUCH easier to find.
    5) Other Foundry improvements. Proper timers, OR logic, branching quests, proper boss fights, FIX THE BUGS, etc.

This is kinda related to the foundry but this is what I hate most about this game. It's supposed to be a D&D game not only that but a Neverwinter game, it's just kill and fetch kill and fetch. There is no story and when I mean story I don't mean just a narrative but interaction within the game to make choices.

I really hope this next module addresses these issues. I've heard posters say that this MMO does not have the technology but the devs have already done this. When you first enter Neverwinter you speak to Wilfred and you can choose what to say to him, depenidng on what you say you get a different reaction.

Icewind Dale module addressed this issue some what but didn't go far enough. Depending on what faction you choose NPCs can react differently to you and don't offer you all the missions. The problem with the module there isn't that much difference in missions between the two factions they're almost identical they should have added more variation.

Lets hope the next module goes further with this. There's no point in adding well known D&D characters if you're going to keep it a kill and fetch game.
    edited February 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    foundry quests giving a token that can be exchanged for campaign currencies.
    so people can run foundry quests instead of the same boring old dailies everyday.

This is a really good idea I absolutely and fully support !!!
    edited February 2015
    Got three more things...

- Add a "Profession Ressources & Assets" tab to the shared bank vault

- New ZEN store item: "Binding Relaxation Token" that makes char bound stuff only account-bound (like e.g. companions you got from Simril gifts on a mule...)

- Most important: Make the Temple of Tiamat only accessible for characters having completed the "Prevent Tiamat's Return" quest
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure why people think that unbinding will happen - why bother levelling a character if you can just send them shiny orange gear? They already made levelling pretty easy with Mulhorand / Dragon Bone gear, plus Xvim items. You want to get end-game gear on a character - play the character!

As for pets / mounts - yeah, it'd be nice. But think about it from Cryptic's side - if you could unbind pets, what is to stop people from simply unbinding pets instead of buying a new one? (Like, say, an ioun stone)? The cost to unbind would have to be (or very near) equivalent to the companion cost.

I'd love an "Identify all" button - simply grey it out if there aren't enough ID scrolls in your pack. Save a lot of wasted time....
    edited February 2015
    ...well, I didn't say "cheap ZEN-store" token, or did I? Also, I wouldn't object to an exclusion of ZEN companions, for the mounts this is plainly a non-problem, as they're acc-wide unlocks.

And lastly: It's the thread topic, not what I think will happen - same as probably Cryptic won't block freeloading waste-of-slots on Tiamat runs - but it's what I'd love to see being introduced...
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    new pvp mode, different pvp queues, obtain refinements through pvp
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    new pvp mode, different pvp queues, obtain refinements through pvp
    ^
    This.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mount tab and mass delete/take all items at once in mail box like they do in another mmo and its very useful when you use auction house a lot.