test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mass server disconnects

poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I've noticed the problem since around two weeks ago with increased occurrence and for about a month more sporadically - players getting disconnected from server in huge mass at precisely the same time. A good example can be from the last hour today when first, as it seems, whole population got kicked from server during dragons (after around 5 mins of dragons) and then 20 minutes (around 5 minutes into Tiamat) people got mass kicked too. Till 2 weeks ago server disconnect seemed local and concerning a random group of players. These last two weeks, they definitely got massive and their scale as well as frequency seem to increase. Something is going up with the server and it should be investigated.
Post edited by poisoncloud on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I agree. I said something to StrumSlinger about this during the last Live Stream and he said he would talk to the Neverwinter devs about it. It's still happening though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only thing I can find is that when I get disconnected that there is high ping at a cogentco router but only in the 200ms range, which while it sucks is not usually high enough to dc someone. Not convinced that it's totally the server here, but it's either the server or cogent being even worse than normal.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've also noticed that it happens to the same group of people every single time. I've never been a victim to these mass disconnects, and have been online many times when they happen. There are some individuals in my guild who are affected by them every time it happens.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've also noticed that it happens to the same group of people every single time. I've never been a victim to these mass disconnects, and have been online many times when they happen. There are some individuals in my guild who are affected by them every time it happens.

Hmm that throws it towards it being more likely a router, probably the cogent one just being worse than usual lately.