test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lost Seneschal, Act 2

valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Since have been a while from the Lost Seneschal, Act 1, but that one was very difficult to adapt from the module itself due to the limitations of the foundry. It's not 100% accurate but, well this is an online game, so I needed to put some more enemies for a bit of fun.

There's no difficulty slider, maybe I will implement it later :rolleyes:

Title: The Lost Seneschal, Act 2
Author: @Valcontar73
Code: NW-DIG5784G9
Average Duration: 18 minutes.
Combat: Easy
Description: Sir Lucan remains disappeared, but the portals to Feywood are now open, it's your duty to find the lost seneschal in these magical woods.

* Added a re-spawn point at the "Famished Giant Land"
* Some waypoints are turned off, you need an intensive use of M (Map) to find some places.
* Corrected the awkward sentences.
* Now, you begin directly from Feywood.

The Lost Seneschal is an old D&D 1989 adventure. Hope you like it.
Last version is: 1.5.1

Some screenshots:
22296332_screenshot_2015-02-15-12-12-29.jpg

22296365_screenshot_2015-02-15-12-22-04.jpg

22296369_screenshot_2015-02-15-12-27-39.jpg
NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
Post edited by valcontar73 on

Comments

• Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I played with my level 60 DC. I thought the maps were really nice. The story has some of the odd features that tended to come with earlier D&D modules but since that is the feeling you are going for I didn’t mind.

Detailed notes:

Overworld Map: The map location says “To Silver” so the text ends up reading, “Travel to To Silver?” so you may want to remove the “To”

To Silver:
    I hate to recommend using teleporters since they such a pain in the *** but I imagine other players will be as frustrated as I was to load a new map for a single line conversation with an NPC. I think you could combine these maps with a teleporter or so creative usage of Appear When/Disappear When

Feywood:
    -at “Inspect your Surroundings”, you have “clade” instead of “glade” in the first dialogue box
    -since you are using the human camp cluster on uneven ground some of the details are buried pretty deeply, the cart on the right side especially. You may want to use the individual pieces to make the camp and avoid this.
    -when speaking to Cait one of the options is “Do you have any advise for us?” Advise in that case should be “advice” since English is weird.
    -the Feywood map beyond the camp is very impressive!
    -with the objective “Find Cumnhall’s Palace”you have Waypoints. That doesn’t worry very well with the custom map. Maybe make a Reach Point objective to guide player back to the path or turn the Waypoints off?
    -The phrase “Pick some Water” is a little awkward. “Collect some Water” is more common phrasing
    -when interacting with the gate tree the text is a little strange. It reads: “Press F to You water the tree”. You may want to edit that to make sense with the automatic “Press F to”
    -I thought it was odd that the Prince was willing to talk to me considering I broke into his palace, but then early D&D modules didn’t always make much sense…
    -When speaking to the Prince, at the option to leave “Abandone” should be “Abandon”

Land of the Famished Giant:

-this is a really unique map, it is very good
    -you have a small typo in the response to the dyad’s dialogue “I’ts” instead of “It’s”
    -in her 3rd dialogue box “This goblins should be…” should be “These goblins should be..”
    -in the map transition going into the giant’s cave it is currently the default “go to Next Map”

Giant Cave:
    -this map is also very good
    -when getting the cauldron “Pick the Magical Cauldron” is also awkward. “Pick up the Magical Cauldron” or “Take the Magical Cauldron” would be more common phrasing.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you very much Melinden.

I will try to fix all these issues as soon as possible. I really needed that someone with native english or with a good knowledge of english find the awkward sentences I did, since english is not my first language. I really, really appreciate that.
    melinden wrote: »
    To Silver:
    I hate to recommend using teleporters since they such a pain in the *** but I imagine other players will be as frustrated as I was to load a new map for a single line conversation with an NPC. I think you could combine these maps with a teleporter or so creative usage of Appear When/Disappear When

Yes, you are right, it's a bad idea to use this map only for a dialog, I will try to change it so you can begin in Feywood.

I have work to do!! :D

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I am very excited to see that part 2 is up. I enjoyed part 1 quite a bit (though I still say that I'm not convinced finding this Seneschal would be a boon to Faerun; he sounds like kind of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>), and am eager to try out part 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »
    I am very excited to see that part 2 is up. I enjoyed part 1 quite a bit (though I still say that I'm not convinced finding this Seneschal would be a boon to Faerun; he sounds like kind of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>), and am eager to try out part 2.

Glad to hear it!!

There will be a final part 3, and I will try to amaze you all with the destiny of the Seneschal :D , I'm working on it.

Foundry Grand Master.