test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How About A Heroic Challenge

khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
"What is a heroic challenge?" you may ask. Well, let me tell you ... You step into an arena and you challenge one or more of Neverwinter's mightiest NPCs. You can challenge just one, or a group, or have an endurance test, and face them one by one, no potions, no buffs, with increasingly tougher opponents . You can face NPCs from the original campaign, Sharandar, Dread Ring, and so on.
This won't be a fight to the bitter end, naaah, it's just a friendly duel, but Lord Neverember will reward you handsomely for entertaing him and the citizens of Neverwinter.
Now, don't tell me you haven't been itching test your might against the legendary Elminster, or cross blades with the mighty Sergeant Knox, ... Yeah, you have...
"But wait!" I hear you cry "There is no such challenge in Neverwinter!" Well, yes, you're right, my fellow forum goer, there is no such thing in Neverwinter. And that's what brings me to my point:
Please, wise and powerful (not to mention incredibly handsom) Master Developers, give us an Arena kind of event where we can challenge our awesome NPCs in duels, different athletic or skill contests, or be spectators to other player's challenges.
Pretty please?
I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
Post edited by khimera906 on

Comments

• Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No one likes my idea? No? Not even a little bit?
    I think it would be a good idea for Neverwinter's second (third) anniversary.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...it might actually qualify as a sweet idea for an event weekend.

But else... ...meh. Nah.. Not interested. Really.

One fundamental problem: Those are the great great gran Heroes that you're proposing to turn into beatable opponents. Considering that they're available (with tons of luck, yeah, but available) as Companions gives your Idea a pinch of a chance that it might be realized, but I'm not really dying to get that as an Arena duel. That's why event weekend would be the framework for that, IMHO.
  • Options
    darkyhcdarkyhc Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    I would like to see this feature ingame, but as suicidalgodot did mentioned maybe its not good idea to defeat our PE leaders. We can do this vs "bad" npcs or even some harder to kill mini bosses, or even why not 1vs1 pvp?
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the idea, but Elminster is like level 40 or 50 (D&D levels, NOT Neverwinter MMO levels) where as players are currently roughly level 20 at max level (60). There is zero chance we could even lay a finger on Elminster.

Now other characters we'd have a chance against? I'd be for that. Knox would be a good one. Minsc would be another. Maybe even we could get a conjurer to summon images of heroes from the past and we could fight people like Aribeth. That'd be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    um ther was a realy chalenging foundry that is probably deleted but that was so hard like.....yeah....i think we need more stuff like that