test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thief Zorro hats

mercervanquishmercervanquish Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I just started playing a thief, any chance they will be getting to wear hood like the ranger instead of the Barber Shop Quartet hat?
Post edited by mercervanquish on

Comments

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just started playing a thief, any chance they will be getting to wear hood like the ranger instead of the Barber Shop Quartet hat?

The hat style changes with level. You get the "lone ranger" look around level 20 or so, but it goes away at some higher level . . .

I don't think the TR will ever get the look of the HR.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you find any good hats along the way, you can transmute later gear into the hat you like.

The hood of the Wild that comes with the Hunter Ranger Booster Pack (not sure it's still available) fits your description.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Eventually you end up with this weird Guy Fawkes-like get-up. Never really understood that design decision, actually... On my TRs, I typically disable the head visual since they're pretty silly looking for the most part.
    edited February 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    Eventually you end up with this weird Guy Fawkes-like get-up. Never really understood that design decision, actually... On my TRs, I typically disable the head visual since they're pretty silly looking for the most part.

How do you disable the head visual and still wear the head gear?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone can look like an HR with the HR Booster pack. Hood transmutes for all classes and races except dragonborn.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/296-hunter-ranger-booster-pack
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kvet wrote: »

It looks to me like they tried to evoke the tricker aspect of the class over the rogue aspects. They really have a foppish Renaissance vibe. It's actually a rather bold and unique way to style rogues over the more typical masked assassin trope. It just seemed to miss the mark a bit. It's a shame, it really was an interesting artistic choice. Even if its not exactly typically roguish.
  • loganfrostloganfrost Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    How do you disable the head visual and still wear the head gear?

Open your character sheet and click your head item, on the drop down menu click hide visual.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is why we need some sort of "rogue" fashion set, which consists of a hood, cloak, and pants...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited February 2015
    loganfrost wrote: »
    Open your character sheet and click your head item, on the drop down menu click hide visual.

Wow! I've been playing since beta and did not know about that feature! Duh on me! :)

Thanks!

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah the first thing I did with my TR's first headgear was notice the 'disable visuals' option and enable it.

Honestly I do it with every class except my CW, who has a Circlet of Webs as her transmute on her HV hood. Almost all of the helmets etc disable hair, which usually looks awful because there's bald scalp somewhere.

But yeah the TR is especially bad. Why can't I just have a nice simple eye mask? Why does some stupid hat have to come with it?

And yeah don't get me started on this:

rainbowclown.jpg
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited February 2015
    I think the real problem is not the armor themselves. Personally, I love some of them. The Murderous Jester set is still one of my favorite armors in the game, it just has so much personality. A lot of the old T1 and T2 sets are wonderful in their own way and are filled with all kinds of lavish detail. I can honestly feel like the artists had fun with these.

The problem is, they should of saved these armors for Bards instead of Rogues. They would of fit better, and not clashed so much with what most people feel a rogue trope should look like. It seems, at least to a degree, that Cryptic agrees. Most of the new rogue gear released with each new module seems to distance itself from the foppish trickster look of previous gear sets.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Between level 10-20, there are some very simple masks that seem to fit what you are looking for. The icon is more 'mask-like' than 'hat-like' if that makes any sense. Buy a couple and see - should only be 10-20 AD each.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah the variety of "steathly or sneaky" looking gear for TR is a bit lacking. why 90 of TRs wear 1 or 2 style masks. Don't get me started on the top hats... weird because all of the thief/rogue NPC's all have appropriate gear. We get killer clown or flamboyant pirate lol
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    The hat style changes with level. You get the "lone ranger" look around level 20 or so, but it goes away at some higher level . . .

I don't think the TR will ever get the look of the HR.

I love the early 20's TR hats. Reminds me of Mat Cauthon from the WoT.
    mat.jpg

Now if only I could use the that hat and some sort of polearm.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The problem with all fashion in the game is that the price to transmute items is far too high. If PWE would give up on trying to gouge us for fashion - we'd spend more doing just that :) Transmute cost is absurd.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is some variety, but the customization in this game is pretty shallow. This is my TR. I think I made him look somewhat different than the standard TR.

10325158_888170421215089_3878224619308204680_n.jpg?oh=0b021ae434659400815b99c6977ef6ad&oe=55607606
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Anyone can look like an HR with the HR Booster pack. Hood transmutes for all classes and races except dragonborn.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/296-hunter-ranger-booster-pack

I'd love the hooded look, but can't justify the price of that pack just for a hood transmute. Here's hoping that the appropriate dev creates a better variety of lvl 60-70 head gear.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • mercervanquishmercervanquish Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's what I'm talking about, skulking in the the shadows... nice! We should have started with kerchief masks.
    edited February 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    This is my TR. I think I made him look somewhat different than the standard TR.

Why yes, all black, with a mask and scarf. I can see how that is...different. :p
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is some variety, but the customization in this game is pretty shallow. This is my TR. I think I made him look somewhat different than the standard TR.

10325158_888170421215089_3878224619308204680_n.jpg?oh=0b021ae434659400815b99c6977ef6ad&oe=55607606

great example. 90% of TR transmute their head item to this mask because the other options are beyond bad.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Why yes, all black, with a mask and scarf. I can see how that is...different. :p
    Point taken, however there's actually very little black in my boots and gloves, and the rest of the armor is just brown, gray and red. It's the lighting and the SF enchantment that makes everything so dark. As for the scarf, I'm in the winter festival - I think it's required by law to wear a scarf in there :D

I was talking about the upper body gear appearance, though, and that there are some options to deviate from the carnival masks and flamboyant armors. I though that's what the thread is about :)
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Profound is fine may be the half skull is a little much but otherwise nice hood.

I'll post pictures from Gateway when it's back up.
    edited February 2015
    Point taken, however there's actually very little black in my boots and gloves, and the rest of the armor is just brown, gray and red. It's the lighting and the SF enchantment that makes everything so dark. As for the scarf, I'm in the winter festival - I think it's required by law to wear a scarf in there :D

I was talking about the upper body gear appearance, though, and that there are some options to deviate from the carnival masks and flamboyant armors. I though that's what the thread is about :)

No worries it was just a little harmless teasing, no offense meant. I really do like the covert brigand armor and it's not really seen all that much. Despite being very rogue-like, in my humble opinion. Admittedly it's really hard to completely look different from everyone else without intentionally looking stupid or wearing something completely trope breaking.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry for bad quality it's the gateway.
    If anyone interested I can post in game pix once I get home.
    JsPpeA6.jpg
  • gothzilla138gothzilla138 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Problem is they named the class Trickster Rogue, they designed most of the gear that drops to look Trickster-ish, except the class is statted and plays as an Assassin and/or a Shade(or Shadowdancer for 3rd ed people), and the gear is colored like a Thief or a Thug would wear. It's like 3 people with VERY different concepts of what the Rogue character should be were involved and couldn't come to an agreement. My first character was a 1/2 Orc Rogue and I was hoping for a back ally thug or ruffian scout. The gear that dropped at first was a little off but not too bad, the torso armour was on it's way to foppish but not too bad, then I hit the Tower district and all that cool Orcish Barbarian Scout looking gear started dropping. I was very happy with this. I went to Blackdagger and the foppish Swashbuckler stuff appeared, but I wasn't concerned, I fugured it was because of the pirate theme. It was off putting that I looked like a bad Hollywood version of a 3 muketeers extra who fell into the mud (really if it's gonna look like that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> brown is not the right color) but I figured the next zone would fix that. Though I immediately disabled the stupid leather hat with a tight hood under it appearance. Then I got to the Graveyard and thought "Oh cool. I bet this'll be all like tattered and whatnot." But alas, more poopswimming swashbuckler. I did not yet despair, figuring that it didn't change everyone's look in every single zone. But as I continued the actual appearance did change a bit, but not the style, and not tho the themed extent available in the Tower district. Sure a piece here and there, but because everything else I wore was a dung brown ren faire reject, I finally accepted my fate. I would be a more and more ornate fop, in brown. I guess another part that bugged me is realizing that someone who moves and fights like the TR does would never wear this stuff. just extraneous stuff layerd all over him and a headpiece that restricts head movement and vision to a laughable degree. When I rolled a GF and a GWF and realized that their plate and scale armour looked less restricting I was surprised to be sure...sigh...