test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requesting costumes, armor and other assets not aviable in the foundry.

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Foundry
I think the foundry should have every armor available in game and maybe even in the cash shop.
it can't be that we STILL don't have the various armor of hunter ranger and warlock, and now we'll get the paladin and probably won't get the armor in the foundry either.
There are also several free costumes there should be available in the foundry. for instance the ones from Icewind dale, the fashion from tyranny of dragons, etc etc.

Also we need all enemies that are not available as costumes. mainly non humanoids, gelatinous cubes, and bosses, even if it's only as costumes and not as real boss encounters.

We also are missing several sky backgrounds, like the well of dragons one.

This shouldn't need any extensive coding.

edit: I won't post any specific asset missing since there's already another topic about that.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Seconded. Times 1000.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Yes. Please. All the Ranger and Warlock costumes already have all the coding for scaling, so those should be SUPER easy to just port over into Foundry. Also make available to us as costume PIECES all of the NPC costume presets, so we can change colors and itemize them, adding them to other models.

I second (third?) everything in the op. Let us use Zen store costumes in the Foundry. The product placement WILL sell more Zen Store items.

And yes, please, more non-humanoids!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Class costumes?
    How about all of the regular, everyday person clothing? Peasants can afford a variety in Neverwinter, but Foundry authors are so impoverished that we can only afford a partial handful, unless we steal it from some other citizen of Neverwinter (start with the NPC costume, and change the body within it). We should be able to take one of those many clad-in-their-undies starter NPC costumes, and put any regular clothing in the game on them, not just armor them up for combat.
    Mind you, I want the missing class costumes, too.

If it's in the game, it should be in the Foundry. Plain and simple.
    edited February 2015
    Class costumes?
    How about all of the regular, everyday person clothing? Peasants can afford a variety in Neverwinter, but Foundry authors are so impoverished that we can only afford a partial handful, unless we steal it from some other citizen of Neverwinter (start with the NPC costume, and change the body within it). We should be able to take one of those many clad-in-their-undies starter NPC costumes, and put any regular clothing in the game on them, not just armor them up for combat.
    Mind you, I want the missing class costumes, too.

If it's in the game, it should be in the Foundry. Plain and simple.
    I absolutely agree with you, and have multiple times requested that regular clothes be added, though they don't even listen. For the record, my definition of "listen" for this purpose includes doing something about it. I am sure that someone has at least NOTICED that we keep asking for these things. They just want to protect their jobs by making more rushed, slapdash content and overpriced garbage to sell to the whales & "Head of the Line" passes for the locusts who can't be buggered to actually play through content normally (which you could do in a weekend marathon without it if you cared to).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This foundry is STILL lacking so hard, in so many ways. I've been working on a foundry quest, and hit a snag. I want to use Salamanders from the plane of fire. But there's NOTHING that moves like a snake in there. And the drake skins are uneditable. I was hoping to at least be able to shrink the back legs into oblivion, but you can't even change their color. It's ridiculous. It seems like the only thing you can customize appearance wise is humanoids. Takes away A LOT of options for people.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    This foundry is STILL lacking so hard, in so many ways. I've been working on a foundry quest, and hit a snag. I want to use Salamanders from the plane of fire. But there's NOTHING that moves like a snake in there. And the drake skins are uneditable. I was hoping to at least be able to shrink the back legs into oblivion, but you can't even change their color. It's ridiculous. It seems like the only thing you can customize appearance wise is humanoids. Takes away A LOT of options for people.

I definitely agree.

That said, however, if what you need are humanoids or thereabouts, some creative editing can come up with some decent looks.
    So far, I've come up with bugbears, hill giants, stone giants, scrags, ghouls, giant rats, a gnome, a killmoulis, a half-ogre, and a few other critters.

I'm curious to see what they are adding for Mod 6, as one of my current projects, the Temple of Elemental Evil, needs salamanders as well.
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't understand, putting extra assets into the foundry library shouldn't be that hard to do, or time consuming. The items exist already, its just a case of listing them. Did they somehow screw up the coding so much, that it's incredibly difficult?
    Isn't there a Dev out there that knows exactly whats required in time and effort, to put for instance a new window or floorboard into the asset list?

Even a QA person on a coffee break should be knowledgable enough to put in a model name and categorise it?
    edited February 2015
    Things always take longer than you think they should, but really, it doesn't matter how simple or how easy it is; time is money, and the Devs can't seem to justify to their bosses spending it on the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    they definitely should!
    why even have the foundry is they're going to leave it alone and not update it? it's ridiculous. you either care about something and put effort into it or just pull the plug.
    2e2qwj6.jpg