test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My opinion/FeedBack regarding Mod 6 (curve/rng/economy)

2»

Comments

• doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pufy2010 wrote: »

Introduction :

1) RNG Combined with new Curve.
    2) The Curve (power , % creep) and the high Status Boost
    3)The economy/ad and rp usage.

2)The Curve (power , % creep) and the high Status Boost :

Tehnicaly the more you level ,the more you lose in % chances.
    For that we have Higher status to gain BACK the lost.
    SO basicaly We gona Spent On Higher rank's to Gain BACK status % we already Have.
    AND it's a high chances that those status due Curve EVEN with high Status From ranks , will be even lower.
    So in few words , we PAY to lose.
    In my opinion ,to waste a lot , just to be close to your old self status ,and not EVEN close ,not that appealing.
    The idea is to Improve , not to get Downside and stack a lot just to be ,Under limit ?

PvP : add CAP to status (Only a certain ammount will work in pvp)
    PVE: Remove Cap.

3)Economy and AD.and RP usage.

For a rank 12 u will need : 1 rank 10 , 1.600.000 RP , 10 Epic Mark of Potency , 2 Coalescent ward , Blue marks.
    As it is 1.600.000 RP worth 4.5 millions ad (if you use peridots) , 10 Epic marks worth 1 million , 2 coalescent worth 1 million , blue's 100 000 ad.
    Doing this will burn 7.500.000 AD ( if 10 000 ZEN = 100$ (5.000.000 ad).
    In total we have 22 Enchants to use ( 19 radiant slots (with pet to) , and 3 RuneStones for Pet ( same ammount of rp/ad for bonding).
    this is over 100 Millions AD to do a fully updated Char (a Legendary one that is , full rank 10, perfects).
    it took me in this ammount of ad to do MAX x3 chars legendary/ranks 10 + Huge waste on random :Fashion mounts race rerolls, Zen market ,and still have some left.
    Point is :To invest again 100 millions, for ONE char only (and legendary already) , not rezonabile.

FeedBack : ......Increase the RP DROP,quality, lower CD , Reduce the ammount used for rank 12 , make dungeon drop more marks.

In my perfectworld if you ask me , Cutting ONE zero only from all this prices Would do just fine.
    Instead of 100 000 ad a Potency..to be 10 000 ad, instead of 2500 $ to do a full rank 12/transcended , to be 250 $ will be tolerabile and farmable , Instead of 10 000 Zen to be 100$ make it 10$.
    All you need is One Zero Drop.

I respect and understand the fact that money are needed , but not at this outrageous ammount.
    As i see are 2 ways :

1) incredible ammount of $ required ,only few will pay that ,Big gain But big unrest and unhappy/decimated community.
    2) affordable decent ammount of $ < everyone will afford to pay that ,bit lower gain in short time ,but long term Way more gain ,A more steady community ,active and growing ,Open for both new players and veterans.

Please dont troll this post ,i just state my honest opinions and try offer feedback as well.

May the Bacon Bless.

First off whenever any game implements new curves and a level increase this is what you get, the higher level you go past the old cap the lower the stats get until you reach cap and start getting new gear that increases your stats. This is life and NOTHING with that is new or out of the ordinary. Does it suck? Yes, but when people want level increases this is what you get. WoW, SWtoR etc all have gone through this. People demand challenging content but don't want to work and re-gear again. Adapt and play or quit and move on is pretty much the option with that. Personally I choose to adapt and play, as far as enchantments go there are tons of people that complain about how easy the game is ... well if its easy dump your enchantments and upgrade your companion. Want to keep the game challenging don't go past R7 enchants. Want to cut through the game like a knife through butter then twink out and get high ranking enchants. The only thing higher end enchants will do for me is probably make me NEVER play PVP again as the difference between a R8 and a R12 will be pretty substantial although I haven't seen if this is the case in the new curves.

I feel your pain on the costs but at least they made it so you NO longer the same rank enchant to go from 10 - 11 and from 11 - 12.

I do feel that the RP is a bit monotenous but its I guess a way of separating casual from hardcore players, the marks I think are too much but I am thinking that makes up for the lack of requiring the same rank to consume, a steep price but i'd rather see that than have to make another R11 just to be used up in the upgrade process.

The only way to get those marks is hope you win them from bosses (unlikely unless they start making them common drops) or hope you get something that you can sell to buy them. The new currency might end up being greater marks of potency lol.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So you are saying that there is a not a dramatic drop off in character power from level 60-61?

As in, at level 61 my character will be exactly as powerful as it was at level 60, without getting new gear?

I'm saying that they failed by not making you replace your precious p2w artifacts and artifact equipment. All of that should have needed to be replaced too. You still won don't worry.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    my opinion to all this is.... most boring PVE content i ever met, bugs that are never fixed, imbalanced PVP system with a pay2win mentality , lots of players that care and hope to get things better, devs that don´t care about this mess, bringing more mess on instead of fixing broken things
    i won´t spend more time and money in this weared game, looking for an alternative
    that´s what i think atm
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I'm saying that they failed by not making you replace your precious p2w artifacts and artifact equipment. All of that should have needed to be replaced too. You still won don't worry.

The snarkiness and use of "p2w" terms usually indicates some serious degree of but hurt. I thought you were beyond that.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    my opinion to all this is.... most boring PVE content i ever met, bugs that are never fixed, imbalanced PVP system with a pay2win mentality , lots of players that care and hope to get things better, devs that don´t care about this mess, bringing more mess on instead of fixing broken things
    i won´t spend more time and money in this weared game, looking for an alternative
    that´s what i think atm

That ship is filling up pretty quick.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    that´s what i think atm

ESO will drop subscriptions this March so there
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ESO will drop subscriptions this March so there
    thats one option, now i will try out dragon nest