test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta so far.......

devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
I'm happy to be honest. The few bugs I have come across being.....

1.Inspect items cant be done via a store
2.The Rat door (seems a common bug atm)
3.Constant kicking off servers (Edit: Stopped after approximately 3hrs)

Has not overall effected my experience of Neverwinter, I envy the PC Race having the open beta of this game already, The only bug that kind of was annoying, was the constant kicking for a while (seriously just when I finished creating a character). But to be fair the beta was brand new , and the instant saving from being kicked and the very fast load times countered this fine.

Graphics are good. I haven't seen many graphical issues.

The lag is far and few between

Bugs a bare minimal

So to be honest I'm very HAPPY with this game so far and will be supporting it in the future.

Thus the journey will continue........

PS What you guys think so far? (Aimed at first time players) Thx
Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
Post edited by devildriver1987 on

Comments

• Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im a new player here, find that there is in game lag at the area where we have to gather arrow before passing to the guards.

Graphics wise its not to next gen standard, not that im a graphics ***** but to be honest use Guild Wars 2 for example. I understand graphics does not make a good game just pointing it out, I have been gaming since Ravenloft/Ultima times.

oh im from Asia, no noticeable lag, so far did not get kicked off by server yet. :cool:
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    konghestkonghest Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I played this for 5-6 months on PC, and actually found it very good, but my crappy PC couldn't really cope, so I was stoked to receive a beta key for the Xbone.

Only got around to playing it couple of hours last night (CET) so far, around 2-3 PM PST, and had no server issues, no lag issues, no kick issues whatsoever.

Concur with the missing item tooltip and missing inspect function - that sucks.

Gameplay-wise, I kinda knew what to expect from playing the PC version, but I think that is one of Neverwinter's strong suits.
    Dungeons and skirmishes, from what I remember, are great fun and really challenging once you hit lvl 20-25, so looking forward to that (and you should too :-))
    Also, I really enjoy the combat system.

Hoping to see some form of Foundry-integration in the future, some of the UGC was really well thought-out and created a different form of involvement in the content.

Anyhow, will be mashing buttons throughout the weekend, looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    pitgreasepitgrease Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have not been able to get logged in. At all. Anybody else having this issue? It takes about 10 tries to get to the Play screen, but when I do, the Play option is greyed out.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pitgrease wrote: »
    I have not been able to get logged in. At all. Anybody else having this issue? It takes about 10 tries to get to the Play screen, but when I do, the Play option is greyed out.

Is your Xbox One network on Open NAT Type ? if its Strict NAT it would be difficult I guess ?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    konghest wrote: »
    I played this for 5-6 months on PC, and actually found it very good, but my crappy PC couldn't really cope, so I was stoked to receive a beta key for the Xbone.

Only got around to playing it couple of hours last night (CET) so far, around 2-3 PM PST, and had no server issues, no lag issues, no kick issues whatsoever.

Concur with the missing item tooltip and missing inspect function - that sucks.

Gameplay-wise, I kinda knew what to expect from playing the PC version, but I think that is one of Neverwinter's strong suits.
    Dungeons and skirmishes, from what I remember, are great fun and really challenging once you hit lvl 20-25, so looking forward to that (and you should too :-))
    Also, I really enjoy the combat system.

Hoping to see some form of Foundry-integration in the future, some of the UGC was really well thought-out and created a different form of involvement in the content.

Anyhow, will be mashing buttons throughout the weekend, looking forward to it :)

Gameplay wise to me its kinda linear, I did not read a single story/cant hear what the NPC says its like mumbling...(voice acting is bad), follow the shining path complete those quest that's highlighted, Dungeon is ok 1 way path to the end (Not in anyway AD&D). Many ppl is asking for Mini Map, for me I don't think there is a need for it, might be because im still below lvl10 will see about that later.
  • Options
    au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    8+ year World of Warcraft player here. Stopped that game mid Panda and haven't touched a MMO since.

Just starting Playing Neverwinter on Xbox one (never played it on PC)

Wow guys, I'm impressed.

I mean WoW holds a very high standard, but for a F2P MMO you really nailed it. I'm absolutely loving the gameplay experience so far.

Very few bugs to report at all, the gameplay stutters a little on frame rate time to time (especially in cities) but otherwise it's pretty smooth.

My biggest gripe so far is the chat interface. That definitely needs a make over.

Text size needs to be adjustable for one. I play on a Monitor and the text size is crazy big by default, as is the text box headers. Needs to be font size adjustable IMHO.

Text window needs to be set to always active if you're using a keyboard. I can understand I need to use a controller to 'activate' the chat box for text entry, but there should be an option then that it always stays responsive to keystrokes once you exit it.

A keyboard should only be ENTER to start entering chat content and ENTER to post it. No X to start typing. No A to post.

Once that chat window is set to active, I should be able to use the controller to play my character and then use the keyboard in the USB port for chat. That would be perfect.

Oh and an emote list would be nice too, the emotes work, but there's not listed anywhere either in game or via help.

The chat window though is my ONLY gripe with the game so far. It's otherwise a terrific experience and I'm loving it so far.

I'm over the moon to finally be playing a MMO on my Xbox one!!!
  • Options
    chubbleduckschubbleducks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Got to lvl12 last night and after exiting the 1st zone I didn't really experience any further disconnections.

When you view your 'powers' screen you can see what button combination is required for each action/spell etc. I think this needs to be shown on the HUD. The actions bar is still a little confusing.

Stamina should be moved to just below the health bar and EXP bar moved to the bottom of screen.

As others have mentioned a minimap would be preferred over the trail line. A waypoint icon should be given on screen and this will allow more freedom for exploration instead of just following the line to its destination.
  • Options
    zetoushizetoushi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I hear the Neverwinter was coming to Xbox One, trust! I signed up and downloaded the pc version to get a head start. Here are my issues.
    - Ever so often my character (or the game world) would freeze between a 3 to 5 second window. After the free I'd either incur heavy damage or continue fighting as if it was pauses.
    - Mini map is hard to work with when your lost. It should be available on screen unless for some reason I chose not to have it on.
    - Is there a way to run?
    - Character moves at the bottom should show button configurations as an option. For people who are not used to see it that what will get confused that they should hold click the right thumbstick to auto run, or Right Trigger and release to perform a special attack, etc. The button config should show up under the attacks on screen if the player is not performing as they should (like pressing all the buttons to see which one work).
    - Inventory items should auto (as an option) inspect them verses other related items.
    - Characters that have voice overs on PC are not audible on the X1, just say... I miss it.
    - Is it me or moving while shooting (I'm a Hunter) is disabled?
    - I can't find where the stamina is...
  • Options
    konghestkonghest Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When you view your 'powers' screen you can see what button combination is required for each action/spell etc. I think this needs to be shown on the HUD. The actions bar is still a little confusing.

This. Kind of like in D3.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Graphics are good. I haven't seen many graphical issues.

Doing the Artifact Recovery quest, my framerate dropped to about 3-5 at the Devil Shocktroop stage. After that, I also noticed more and more drops in fps. Is there a way to maybe clear my cache to get it to the quality from you guys on the livestream?
  • Options
    prkl56prkl56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been encountering a lot of fps drops during combat
  • Options
    baconcandy12baconcandy12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've played Neverwinter a little bit on my pc and thought it was pretty fun but still didn't play that much because my computer was junk. I got the beta key today and so far I'm liking it. I think the controls have a nice feel, the gameplay so far has been fun but they're are few cons. We need a mini map, the the voice acting quality isn't very good and I've had some fps drops. All in all I'm having fun and I understand we're very early in the beta.

Edit: FPS has been pretty bad in Protector's Enclave for me.
  • Options
    au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just tried the PvP.

Urgh, horrible. Hated it.

The PvE in this game is great, the PvP just feels like a mess. (Playing as a Guardian Fighter). My attacks were pathetic, I felt I contributed nothing to the battle. I couldn't take a hit worth a ****.

Will leave PvP for DPS and ranged classes, Tanks need not apply.
  • Options
    waldog1978waldog1978 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I finally managed to get a few hours in this morning and thought it would be good to share my experience so far (IMHO).

What I like so far:

The developers have done a good job of getting an mmo designed for PC to work on a console. The controls are fairly intuitive for in battle with mobs, accessing inventory etc. The gameplay is very much like how it works on the PC. Very fluid and the UI scaling works well for most parts of the games interface. Apart from some freezing issues the game and servers seem to be pretty stable.

Issues so far:

I did note however that interacting with objects like chests and storage items that require skills/kits to open took a couple of presses to work. The other main issue I did have is when I am in an area with lots of other players and the screen had a tendency to freeze up (fortunately it has never frozen during a battle).

The UI scaling for the chat does not work so well as there is not really enough room to have a proper conversation going with lots of text.

I also think that having some kind of keyboard support would be good especially for the in game chat system and this does not really work well with controlller.

The lack of a minimap like the PC version does hamper the gameplay a little bit. It would be good if there was a quicker route to the main map if there is going to be no minimap (currently have to go to the character menu, scroll along a couple of options and then down to local map)
  • Options
    patchloulipatchlouli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hello

got to around 10th lvl so up to the tower district quests.

noted some lag in the dungeons where the server would drop for 20-30 seconds or so, but never got fully booted off.

the mini-map is indeed missed that is a useful function in the game.

companions had some use but I noted that occasionally they would either not move in or would remain static - I don't know if this might have been due to a slight bit of lag or not.

a specific instance in karasov's lair (I know I misspelled that) when you get the crown from the chest and it explodes pushing you back it actually threw me behind the wall where his chair is.

overall what I played through seems to be an exact match for the pc game with the only variation being the controls and the interface taking up a bit more of the bottom of the screen.

thank you and good luck
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    New here, hope no one holds it against me.
    A few things that I've noticed upon playing the BETA for a good 7 to 8 hours today:

I have been kicked from the server a few times. Not just the basic server kicks but ones that have required exiting to the Xbox One dashboard, quitting the game, and restarting. Has only happened a few times but on one occasion it happened back to back times upon rebooting. (This is probably normal but something I noticed.)

Playing as a tricker rogue.
    I've a question about clothing and armor items: Are there still some that are still a "work in progress" perhaps? It would be nice if there was some sort of "hooded" (or more specifically "hooded with mask") head gear for the "tricker rogue" (and other rogue) instead of just the mouth cover armor that I am finding. There was a quest giving scout near the Many Arrows Camp who had the type of head gear I am referring to.

Will there be a sprint button in the game? Or is there one and I am not finding it.

I have two issue with interfacing with items.
    1) Items winding up in awkward places instead of where the enemy fell. Around the "Many Arrows" camp, I had a a few enemies drop items on top of tents and other elevated areas as well as elevated on walls both there and in other areas.
    2) Had a few instances where I went to interact with an item or a person and it seemed like I had to "hold A" instead of just tapping or pressing A to interact with them. This was usually with people on stuff like rescue quests and similar locate item quests.

Major problem that I had: In the Orc Skirmishes, the world event thing, I was not getting XP from enemies I killed or from completing the event. I couldn't tell that I was getting XP from similar group battles either.

Will anything from the Beta be carried over to players of the game when it released? Will people who played the closed Beta get any sort of bonus? Just curious.

Had fun with the closed Beta. Will probably get on it some more before the thing ends. Thanks.
  • Options
    darklurkr23darklurkr23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm having HORRIBLE frame rate dropping issues just idleing and turning the camera. Guys I don't know why the Xbox One is doing this, if it can run all the junk going on on Hardline fine it should be able to do this fine too.

I only suggest a lever for "Framerate vs Quality"

Maybe there is one? But everytime i click on the "options" it shows a 2ndary menu super quick, which changes into another one. Maybe it's an early build? But really really needs a low quality. I don't care about superb graphics, I want fluidity.

Speaking of fluidity, unlimited stamina in towns perhaps? We got places to be! XD
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My only gripe so far with the controls is how everything under the sun uses A, i would love if interacting with other players was LB + Y (or something else) rather than just A, have been a bunch of times where when i am trying to loot something or talk to an npc i end up opening the interact menu half a dozen times before i can do what i was trying to do in the first place.

But the lack of a minimap is pretty bad, i would kill to have a minimap so i am not constantly having to open the full map to make sure i am going the right way or if i am still in the area for the quest i am doing. The lack of minimap makes running from enemies and checking the map to make sure you don't run into a dead end or something impossible because the second you open the map you stop then the enemies chasing you whack on ya.

Would also like the ability to scale the ui, i play on a 40 inch tv and sit fairly close to it so i don't need everything even half the size that it currently is. Would also like if stuff wasn't so far from the sides of the screen, everything seems crammed towards the center of the screen making the ui look far more clunky than it really is. Along with making the ui smaller and moving it closer to the edges of the screen i would also like the ability to have the quest tracker list more than just 2 quests or replace the event with another quest and show the current event in the pause screen.

When opening the map i would like if the map itself had focus then having to switch to the list on the side rather than the other way around. When i open the map i do it to view the map so having the actual map being the focus when opened would be appreciated.

I would like if the equipped gear page was on the same menu as the inventory so i can quickly get to my equipped items, would also like the actual companions page to be on there as well, don't see the point of only having fast access to idle companions but not the active companions.
  • Options
    nwryunwryu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello all,

I've played the game for around 12 hours and got really impressed by simplicity of the controls. I loved the game play, you guys have proven that a mmo can run smoothly in joystick.

The only things that bothers me is the constant frame frame rates decreases (it is forgivable in the city but not in the dungeons). Sometimes I also noticed the game freezing for 1 or 2 seconds.
  • Options
    xxhollywoodxxhollywood Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2015
    I still can't make my own thread yet, so here comes another note...
    Somebody mentioned this part already and, after having experienced it yesterday, I have to agree...
    When you go on the quest with... "Zoey"? I think it was, she absolutely DOES follow you too closely.
    If there is any loot you want to pick up, or interactions you'd like to do - you have to run like mad to get to it so that you can interact with it before she shows up.
    If you don't, she dry humps you from behind almost immediately..... perhaps she has abandonment issues. ;)
    It would be nice if she follows from a more comfortable distance.
  • Options
    jldujardin1979jldujardin1979 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Most of the issues that I have found or had problems with is the constant drop from server. Also have had issues with the account server dropping me. And of course due to the game being on beta test, having issues with lag. The lag happens at random times like from moving around the game areas to when in the middle of fighting (Have died a few time because of it). However, overall the game play is good and the graphics are better than expected. If the issues of the constant server drops and lag issues are taken care of. I dont forsee this game doing to badly.
  • Options
    prkl56prkl56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Before the beta ends I'd just like to share my overall feeling of Neverwinter, and this is coming from someone who hasn't played the PC version. First off the game play is great, combat is fun and I'm pretty sure Cloak Tower reignited my love for MMO's. I can't wait for this game to come out, and I hope my crazy guess of it being released by the end of the month is true. And for feedback here is a short list.

-I was kicked off the server almost everytime I changed instances.
    -the FPS would drop drastically at random but frequent times
    (hopefully those last two are because it's still in beta)
    -The queue for the skirmish and Cloak Tower never seemed to work for me. But if I had to guess it's that not a lot of players were in queue at the lime.
    -the chat box is a pain to get to (perhaps better keyboard/smart glass support would help)
    -Lastly, it's difficult to leave feedback here when I can't create threads.

Thanks for letting me participate in the beta. The game is really fun, and I hope to become a long lasting community member.
  • Options
    adogshatinmypooladogshatinmypool Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -Game locked up for about 30 seconds in town
    -Game locked up in Dungeon for about 15 seconds in heavy combat
    -Queue times to get in dungeons are to long
    -Some screen tearing and texture pop in issues
    -Controls are sometimes very unresponsive during heavy combat due to frame rate issues
    -Mini map is greatly needed
    -When I am on a mount in town it seems like the frame rate dips drastically
    -Sometimes I am not able to compare gear
    -Loot/Items do not always appear in inventory list right away

But overall I love this game <3;)
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -Game locked up for about 30 seconds in town
    -Game locked up in Dungeon for about 15 seconds in heavy combat
    -Queue times to get in dungeons are to long
    -Some screen tearing and texture pop in issues
    -Controls are sometimes very unresponsive during heavy combat due to frame rate issues
    -Mini map is greatly needed
    -When I am on a mount in town it seems like the frame rate dips drastically
    -Sometimes I am not able to compare gear
    -Loot/Items do not always appear in inventory list right away

But overall I love this game <3;)

To be fair, i assume the queue times are mainly because this was just a closed beta and didn't have a ton of people. Can't really comment on their speed or effectiveness until at least open beta when a lot more people are playing at once and trying to play the same instance at the same time.
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -I second, third, fourth the locking up problem. Its happened many times to me, the game will just completely stop and then resume 10 seconds later. This is gonna be a problem when you're fighting higher level stuff.
    -Queue times are just like the PC, the reason they are so long is because it requires a GF and a DC for dungeons (Skirmishes should be quick because they are AFAIK just any 5 classes).
    -I feel like the frame rate is unlocked 60 fps, because in some instances where its just me in a dungeon killing rats or something it definitely looks very smooth, but in heavy battles and in some places in Protectors Enclave the frame rate just goes down the toilet bowl. I can only imagine the Tiamat fight or any of the heavily populated open world dragon battles.
    -Also just to recap the locking up problem seems to happen even when there's not much going on as well, not sure what the cause is.
  • Options
    adogshatinmypooladogshatinmypool Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, that is fair enough but I am just stating my experience and I would just like them to know in case it is a issue that is all.
  • Options
    batmorphbatmorph Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm new to Neverwinter and my wife and I loved the Beta. In fact we are buying a second Xbox One so that when it comes out we can play together as we have in many MMO's in the past. There was slight lag here and there, nothing major on our end. I was kicked from the server once all weekend, yet was able to jump right back in. This happens in games that have been out for years, so it didn't;t bother me at all. My friend who was also in the Beta said that he would be happier if the graphics were a little better, I found them very close to the PC version(I downloaded it to compare the two).

At first I thought it would take forever to learn the controls, yet I was mistaken, they were a breeze to learn and became second nature in just a few minutes of playing. We are used to having radar on the screen, that would be a nice addition. Over all we are very happy with the game and look forward to playing it as much as we can:)
  • Options
    xxhollywoodxxhollywood Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2015
    Thought the beta was great.
    Very few issues, but all were mentioned (framerate in busy spots, lag-spikes here and there, hair sprites detached from bodies, disconnects when traveling to different areas, and of course - losing the inventory descriptions after traveling or idling).
    None of the issues were game-breaking, though the process to get the descriptions back was annoying.

Being a player that can only play sporadically due to having a baby in the house, I still found it enjoyable, and always looked forward to getting back to the game.

Looking forward to the actual release.
  • Options
    mrtessel8rmrtessel8r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pitgrease wrote: »

Hi. I'm having the same problem. Anyone figure out how to fix it?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mrtessel8r wrote: »
    Hi. I'm having the same problem. Anyone figure out how to fix it?

The beta is not running right now.