test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What...is this?!

grimoethgrimoeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I just reinstalled the game today on a brand new rig and this is what i got when I logged in game. My game was working perfectly clear on the aspect of graphics not performance so the irony is now that i can finally play at 60 fps HD options this issue makes the game unplayable for me. Any ideeas on why is it like this or if there is something i can do? Any help before hand is appreciated.

i3 4160 3.6Ghz
4GB DDR3
R9 280 Saphire Dual X OC 3GB GDRR5 384-bit.
L.E It seems or maybe just pure coincidence it might have to do with AA or Bloom/Postprocesing effects.
Post edited by grimoeth on

Comments

• grimoethgrimoeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Logic in this? I can play any game perfectly without any graphical/performance issues yet Neverwinter is theo nly to show issues at the current moment. The computer was made and assembled by a proffesional electronics/computer components company in my country so not just in my town they are pretty well viewed by most people who wish to buy something from TV's to computer so i'm sorry for being skeptical about this but I highly doubt that the would mess something this up(My pc stands at 50-60degrees).Everything is well connected. The issue is , i'm pretty sure is technical I mean in game or PC but not physical with my components.

P.S My GPU driver is up-to-date.
  • tinuvientinuvien Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You are probably using DirectX 11. Try to switch to DirectX 9 mode or temporarily turn off antialiasing.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also try full-screen or Window mode (whichever is opposite of what you have).
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are many window/full screen issues in game.
    Most often reported is that Full screen mode is not always saved from in–game GUI.

Example, whenever I run a game in windowed mode, textures looks being randomed: //s11.postimg.org/xxrp6vdf5/windowed_mode.png
    I like this effect, it`s like Cartridge Corruption :) I will run this on 1.04.

btw. I will repeat angrysprite`s advice: Run the game in full screen.
  • grimoethgrimoeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm i tried with and without fullscreen but i never tried switching from Dx11 to Dx9 good tip...ill come back with more info afterwards.

L.E: Yep it seems its entirely because of Anti-Aliasing...i switched between them all with 2x 4x 8x anti aliasing and its the same. Unfortunately i tried overriding the AA in catalyst though it had no effect :(. Meh seems i'm doomed to play without it.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Try turning up the resolution slider in Options - Advanced. I had the same issue on reinstall and setting it to full (1.0 or 100, can't remember) fixed it for me.
    I aim to misbehave