test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Art of War; PVE & PVP

linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
The Art of War aka The Sun Tzu teaches that when engaging external events there in general are 9 possible grounds you find yourself on with it. To create victory (which is defined as victory over violence/aggression) one must accurately identify the appropriate formula of action that relates to this event and this ground, both physically and of course, nonphysically.

Relating NW classes and The Art of War in this post will show that each class has its own ground of power, its own formula of action that if this formula is applied on the appropriate ground it is designed for, they will indeed find victory however...any action outside of this ground will only bring suffering and all forms of violence and stupidity.
Now, I will state clearly, I am no adept when it comes to detailed class analysis, and have nowhere near the insights that I have enjoyed reading from many of you here, but...I shall trod forth none the less.

In PVP, we see that the classes like the rogue/assassin do very well for the precise reason that PVP is a focusing ground that is aligned best to the operating ground skills of the assassin/rogue.
Does that mean the assassin should be squashed to appease the mighty cleric on assassins ground?
If this game could create a PVP framework / ground that related direcly to the appropriate grounds of cleric, the ranger etc, then the assassin would find it difficult. And so it should.
There is no deadlier power than a Cleric/magic wielder...in the right scenario on ITS ground. (perhaps enjoy reading Assault Sorcery in Amazonia by Whitehead)
.......same goes for the ranger...GWF, CW etc...
I want the cleric to be that powerhouse working its ways in the late hours of the night while its target lay asleep...I want the ranger to act on Ranger ground...in the foliage, wherein that arrow arrives with a silent deadly THUNK ...and its over. Having the HR and DC etc run around like self contained warriors on the battlefield equal to the assassin / rogue just to quell the obscenely simple minded desires of PVP balance ....well, is far beyond shtupid :)