test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Immolation Spirits

mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Nine Hells
I took the feat points for this skill as well as the power itself. I've tried it, and it seems as though it does no damage. They just stand around pointlessly. Can anyone validate this issue or not please?

*update, sorry. They do some damage, but no where near what is described, nor do i see any enhancment based on soul sparks consumed.*
Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mysticmarks on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me it was 2.6k hp at 30 sparks (5). Trade of something for nothing...
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What? Are they serious about this?

2,6k damage each hit for a feated daily?
    edited January 2015
    nurmood wrote: »
    What? Are they serious about this?

2,6k damage each hit for a feated daily?
    I've asked the same question when I saw Gates of hell and realized it has 5 targets cap.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Early on we all thought Gates Daily would be the best thing ever lol certainly had Potential, but we all know the rest of the story :rolleyes:
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've tried sb damnlock. That daily doesn't impress me at all. i skip it entirely when i filled out points after trying it out in preview shard. sb damnlock though is an amazing tanky build and I would keep up atleast in 2nd place in dmg next to a fellow guildie who has hb fury with 2k gs more than me (glass cannon build) during FH.

Alas, I'm an hb healock and I do ok for myself and party.

sidenote: Sorry that this isn't the thread to discuss this, but I want to see some great PvE healock builds on here from the top SWs. We might need more of them in mod 6 :D
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • ashfireburnashfireburn Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As as Damnation Soulbinder with the feat, you can expect to have Immolation Spirits up 80-85% of the time in combat with sufficient AP gain. In parses Immolation Spirits easily do 30-35% of your damage depending on how you manage your Soul Sparks. That Daily with the extra five seconds can be ready before the first set of Spirits expire. That is the inherent strength having it on the Damnation spec.
    edited January 2015
    As as Damnation Soulbinder with the feat, you can expect to have Immolation Spirits up 80-85% of the time in combat with sufficient AP gain. In parses Immolation Spirits easily do 30-35% of your damage depending on how you manage your Soul Sparks. That Daily with the extra five seconds can be ready before the first set of Spirits expire. That is the inherent strength having it on the Damnation spec.
    Yet, TT is so much better in PvE. Spirits don't shine in PvP either. Sacrificing all your sparks for the temporarily spirits that can be killed...no thanks. Besides all such dailies tend to be changed to "Can't gain AP while active" e.g TT or Lurker's Assault.
  • ashfireburnashfireburn Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Yet, TT is so much better in PvE. Spirits don't shine in PvP either. Sacrificing all your sparks for the temporarily spirits that can be killed...no thanks. Besides all such dailies tend to be changed to "Can't gain AP while active" e.g TT or Lurker's Assault.

Not disagreeing with you on the value of Tyrannical Threat. TT is a very, very good daily. It's also very situational. TT requires a certain amount of preparation, has a big wind up, and requires multiple targets. There is a reason there are two daily powers available. Not every PVE situation will allow for that, and it simply helps to have a viable alternative. Immolation Spirits is a very very very good option. It can be cast while moving, doesn't require a large windup, and against single targets will yield far better results. The key is the uptime on the spirits, not the number of sparks used when cast. Both are good options and both are on my bar. Simply trying to dissuade the notion that Immolation Spirits is a "bad daily" at least PVE wise, because it isn't.
    edited January 2015
    Not disagreeing with you on the value of Tyrannical Threat. TT is a very, very good daily. It's also very situational. TT requires a certain amount of preparation, has a big wind up, and requires multiple targets. There is a reason there are two daily powers available. Not every PVE situation will allow for that, and it simply helps to have a viable alternative. Immolation Spirits is a very very very good option. It can be cast while moving, doesn't require a large windup, and against single targets will yield far better results. The key is the uptime on the spirits, not the number of sparks used when cast. Both are good options and both are on my bar. Simply trying to dissuade the notion that Immolation Spirits is a "bad daily" at least PVE wise, because it isn't.
    Well, maybe it is not bad daily if you're SB puppet master/temptation as they don't benifit from necrotic damage but for HB Fury I'd still prefer Flames of Empowerment/Brood of Hadar on single target. Last time I checked those spirits did 2.6k fire damage per hit to training dummy in ToB
    I just don't take SB as very competitive paragon path for current PvE tbh. I mean, it can do "fine" with mediocre party but when you do eLoL run just within 7-10 minutes...it pales to HB unfortunately. Of course with survivability of SB it becomes possible to solo the whole dungeon content but one day you come to realization that this is MMO and you're not supposed to do alone :D

\
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Well, maybe it is not bad daily if you're SB puppet master/temptation as they don't benifit from necrotic damage but for HB Fury I'd still prefer Flames of Empowerment/Brood of Hadar on single target. Last time I checked those spirits did 2.6k fire damage per hit to training dummy in ToB
    I just don't take SB as very competitive paragon path for current PvE tbh. I mean, it can do "fine" with mediocre party but when you do eLoL run just within 7-10 minutes...it pales to HB unfortunately. Of course with survivability of SB it becomes possible to solo the whole dungeon content but one day you come to realization that this is MMO and you're not supposed to do alone :D

\

as things currently stand, SoulBinder will excel in Mod 6 and us Fury spec's will need to stack alot more Lifesteal in order to survive. Or be forced into using BoVA, WB and DT combo or risk dieing very easily because your chance to heal yourself is soo low for a single Big hit to work.

My testing wasnt very good looking with Fiery Bolt / Killign Flames combo, but BoVA, DT and Bargain do enough ticks of damage to keep your health up consistantly even with only 15% Chance to heal.

My above statement is only true as on last Friday, and as we all know, Test Server changes often and sometimes with little to no warning.