test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Barkshield

aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Since when are Barkshield enchants bound? I've made plenty with bound shards and wards, but they've never been bound before. I just wasted a coal ward, since that character has no use for such an enchant.
Post edited by aulduron on

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They're been bound for quite some time now, although I don't recall the exact date.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The shards have been bound for a long time, yeah.
    However, I think OP is talking about the enchantments themselves being bound, which appears to be something new.
    If this is true (I dare not test this, lest I end up making my own enchant bound) this may explain why all barkshield enchants have more than doubled in price on the AH over the course of a couple weeks.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yes, I'm talking about the enchant. As I said: I've made unbound enchants with bound shards/wards before.
  • Options
    kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Its bound, I made it from bound shards and the enchant is bound.
    However what if i use it to upgrade a not bound enchant? Will that be bound?
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I remember a similar thread like this a long time ago, but I thought the verdict was that the enchant itself is not intended to be bound? You could try to contact support about it. It couldn't hurt :P
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I remember a similar thread like this a long time ago, but I thought the verdict was that the enchant itself is not intended to be bound? You could try to contact support about it. It couldn't hurt :P

I remember the same thread and the same conclusion.

They just today gave me an HV Tunic because I accidentally salvaged mine, but told me they couldn't replace my R8 Dark and LSF. I don't hold any hopes for getting an unbound enchant out of them.
  • Options
    kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Btw im fine with bound barkshield, the only problem is its char bount not account :D
  • Options
    floppyslipperfloppyslipper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    Since when are Barkshield enchants bound? I've made plenty with bound shards and wards, but they've never been bound before. I just wasted a coal ward, since that character has no use for such an enchant.

I made a R8 radiant and was stunned to see it was bound. I took a chance and made a R9 with it, using it as the reagent. The R8 that I refined to upgrade was not bound. After the upgrade, consuming the bound R8, the final R9 was unbound. This led me to conclude that I must have started with a bound R4 and so it kept its binding all the way to R8. Now, I make sure I start with an unbound R4.

The point of all this... could you have started with a bound shard?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yes, I used 4 bound shards and a bound coal ward. But as I've said twice: I've done that before without ending up with a bound enchant.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can concur, I had one unbound Barkshield enchantment, 2 lesser barkshield enchantment one of which I was refining with bound shards and all were unbound prior to the patch. Just checked that character after seeing this thread and all 3 enchanments are bound to character. They really are trying to take any type of farming out of the game.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    godlysoul2 wrote: »

He could contact CS, however I don't believe it will be of any use. My girlfriend had the same problem few days ago, and CS refused to make it unbound (without an explanation), although that was expected.

What I would suggest is to upgrade another lesser barkshield with this one into a normal barkshield, however I would test that out on a preview before doing that.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's going to be a long time before I can spend another 550K.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So, no word if this is a bug or WAI?