test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

20 GB+ of scoped_dir files being duplicated by arc.exe after pc boot

kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
For more than a week now every time I turn my computer on my C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Temp folder begins filling up with duplicate scoped_dir##### folders. I discovered they were being created by the Arc.exe application.

Within minutes there is 20 GB+ worth of these folders (and contents) created. That's pretty bad when you have a SSD as your system drive. Windows doesn't like running out of disk space.

The moment I close or kill Arc these folders stop duplicating. After I close Arc and re-open Arc the folders are no longer created constantly.

I sure hope this is a known issue that will be fixed soon. Until then is there something I can do to stop this besides not letting Arc start when my system boots?

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That sounds like some broken pathing in your installation, to me. If you haven't opened a ticket with ARC support, I would. They don't respond to individuals on bug reports, and I've not seen anyone else having this issue. Arc tells people to submit a bug when they have determined that there is no help for the individual case.