test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How did you get your legendary artifacts?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
I would like to know what was the PRIMARY way in which you obtained your legendary artifact or if you even have one. Obviously it will be a mixed between 2 options for a lot of folks, but which option contributed the most in refinement points.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a mix of:

- Farming

- AD obtained via drops then buying off AH (Before that stupid BoA change where prices were reasonable)

- Help of two awesome people
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I'm assuming this thread is only considering artifact equipment, so I voted on "I don't have legendary artifacts".

I have legendary regular artifacts though, but they're much more viable to get, and I got them by using R4s/R5s of the AH into other artifacts, and then using these artifacts in the artifacts I wanted in the 2x events.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Farm AD in mod 4 and the beginning of mod 5
    Buy stacks of cheap rp in AH in mod 4
    Refine the artifacts and artifact equipment during 2x rp
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    i voted "PVE farming in 2014 using Fey/Hoard enchants" cause thats how I get mine
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I paid 400k ad per legendary artifact equipment from the AH during mod 4, refined during both 2x weekends of mod 5.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bottom line, gettin 'there' in this game is more expensive than playing a sub.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had my artifact on lvl 60 (fresh purple). To legendary I was missing 3,847,635 (full RP cost) - 311,135 (lvl 60 cost) = 3,536,500 RP.
    3,536,500 (RP to go) / 619,600 (RP worth of lvl 59 artifact) = ~5.7 banners. Lets round it into 6 banners.
    But I was refining while double RP event, so there was only 6/2 = 3 banners to get my artifact fully refined.

I had 9 banners already from PvP, and 24 GMOP from VT, so that was no additional cost for me (I don`t count MOPs as had some already from nodes in alt bank).
    The rest was just 3 (banners to go) * 293,535 (cost of filling one banner to lvl 59) = 880,605 RP
    Because of RP event, the real RP cost was 2 times less, so 440,302 RP.
    440,302 / (99 * 270 (stack of rank 4 enchantments)) = 440,302 / 26,730 = ~16.5 (lets round it to 17)

So there was only 17 stacks of enchs rank 4 needed to go into legendary.
    Because of double enchantments, the price of stack was 3.5k AD, so the total cost could be 17×3,500 = 59,500 AD.
    But because I spent over 200k AD on enchantments, after getting my artifact, I just sold the rest of my rank 4 stacks for about 9k AD each.
    Yeah, the price was riddiculus high during double RP event and riddiculus low while double enchantments (bugged to be 4× enchantments in fact).

Summary, I voted "I do not have legendary artifacts" as I have only one, so the ending "s" forces me to mark this option.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've got all 4M+ rpp just with 5 lesser hoard enchantment, put my OF, Belt and Neck, so it's 12M or more rp for 100k ad took me a week or so to get all that. and i've got all those arti, on this mod, so it was after the nerf.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have nothing legendary yet - slowly progressing. Being a more casual player, it is not easy to get anything to legendary status.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted that I don't have any, because.... I don't.

I have three artifacts... all purple... with only one being close to legendary.. and when I mean close... Rank 87.
    I have three artifact equipment... main-hand, off-hand and belt.
    And now I'm trying to save up Linu favors for a cloak.. since the RNG and me are not on the best of terms, and I can't get a cloak drop from any of the major HE's in WoD.

The main is purple (rank 41), the off and the belt are both still blue (32 and 23 respectively).

And all of that I got through various means that I can. Bought some RP stone from the zenstore, AH, dragon hoarde enchants, PvE farming, lockboxes.... anything that would give me refining stuff.

VERY slow going.
    If it wasn't for the recent x2 RP weekend... those rank numbers would be very much lower.
  • kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I voted that I don't have any, because.... I don't.

I have three artifacts... all purple... with only one being close to legendary.. and when I mean close... Rank 87.
    I have three artifact equipment... main-hand, off-hand and belt.
    And now I'm trying to save up Linu favors for a cloak.. since the RNG and me are not on the best of terms, and I can't get a cloak drop from any of the major HE's in WoD.

The main is purple (rank 41), the off and the belt are both still blue (32 and 23 respectively).

And all of that I got through various means that I can. Bought some RP stone from the zenstore, AH, dragon hoarde enchants, PvE farming, lockboxes.... anything that would give me refining stuff.

VERY slow going.
    If it wasn't for the recent x2 RP weekend... those rank numbers would be very much lower.

Why dont you just make them purple and then focusing on one?
    You get more stats in the long run and making 4 purple is like 2m rp, almost half of what you need to get for 1 orange.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I did both... I bought a 3 pack of rubies..

The rest was from the game
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got my Mainhand to Legendary by virtue of the AH in the days before the Great Refinement Nerf Of 2014, along with some other Artifacts to the 80's and 90's and a couple of R8 Enchants. I would have prefered not to do it this way, but the Nerf forced my hand by driving the prices up from "slow, but steady improvement I could see and feel" to "don't even THINK about it".

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't. I only have artifact gear on one character and only his main hand weapon is purple. And through the last 2x RP event it gained 1 (one) level.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    None.

GF - Purple (lvl 35) Main and Offhand. Purple (lvl 39) Belt. 3 purple artifacts, levels 77, 79 & 84. I build up glory and buy artifatcs, get them to 59 and then drop them into the appropriate artifact during 2x refining. Bought Resonance Stones while they were cheapish to use during 2x refining, but that depleted my AD reserves. My goal was to get all 3 to just purple and then feed the remainder into the belt.

GWF - Main and Offhand are not even blue yet. Hot his belt to purple (35) during last 2x RP. Using glory to buy and level artifacts to 59 I got his GWF Sigil to 91 with a crit during 2x RP. The two other artifacts are just 60. Belt got to purple using the leftover Stones from my GF during 2x refining. Recently crafted 4 Lesser Dragon Hoards to slot on my GWF to help him get his artifact weapon set to blue at the least.

Screw the artifact necks on both characters. It is just too much.

I have accepted that I will never reach legendary status. I do not have the resources or time to get there. I may get each toon's artifacts to 99 at some point this year, but 30 GPotencies is another story. . . Legendary mainhand, offhand and belts? That is but a dream. I stocked up on stacks of Lesser Resonance Stones on Preview (what a nightmare) and it took me 51 x 99 Lesser Resonance Stone stacks to get 3 Legendary pieces. Like hell can I afford that on Live.

No epeen for me.

My DC, TR and HR are now just mules and prayer bots. I have no time for more characters now. DC is around 15k, but I haven't played him in months and haven't even reassigned his feats following the fix, regardless of how easier it would be to use him in PVP instead of my Fighters.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I've had a lot of artifacts across my characters, when the regular artifacts arrived to the game I was playing my DC and I upgraded 3 to legendary: Seldarine, Skull, Waters. Then I started to play a GWF which is my character with the highest points in the collection page, this toon have/had the following legendary artifacts: Lantern, Seldarine, Thayan Book, Kessell, Heart of Blue Dragon, GWF Sigil, DC Sigil, Vanguard's Banner, Defender's Banner, Forgehammer of Gond, Token of Chromatic Storm. Legendary artifact equipment: MH Ferocity, Golden Dragon Knot, Imperial Dragon Cloak, firstly Girdle of Strenght then switched to Twined Rope of Dexterity. Now, regarding to my SW: Waters, Beholder, Heart of Blue Dragon, GWF Sigil, DC Sigil and Chromatic Storm. Artifact equipment: Golden Dragon's Pride and Golden Dragon's Hellbringer as MH, Golden Dragon Grimoire, Plated Band of Constitution, Belt of Black Ice, Cloak of Black Ice and Imperial Dragon Cloak.

Almost everything upgraded with RP sold in the AH, I've never used Dragon's Hoard or similar enchantments. So, it's first option in the poll for me.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I've had a lot of artifacts across my characters, when the regular artifacts arrived to the game I was playing my DC and I upgraded 3 to legendary: Seldarine, Skull, Waters. Then I started to play a GWF which is my character with the highest points in the collection page, this toon have/had the following legendary artifacts: Lantern, Seldarine, Thayan Book, Kessell, Heart of Blue Dragon, GWF Sigil, DC Sigil, Vanguard's Banner, Defender's Banner, Forgehammer of Gond, Token of Chromatic Storm. Legendary artifact equipment: MH Ferocity, Golden Dragon Knot, Imperial Dragon Cloak, firstly Girdle of Strenght then switched to Twined Rope of Dexterity. Now, regarding to my SW: Waters, Beholder, Heart of Blue Dragon, GWF Sigil, DC Sigil and Chromatic Storm. Artifact equipment: Golden Dragon's Pride and Golden Dragon's Hellbringer as MH, Golden Dragon Grimoire, Plated Band of Constitution, Belt of Black Ice, Cloak of Black Ice and Imperial Dragon Cloak.

Almost everything upgraded with RP sold in the AH, I've never used Dragon's Hoard or similar enchantments. So, it's first option in the poll for me.

Ummm can you extend access to your zen account over to me pretty please with sugar on top.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • zephranuszephranus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »
    I've got all 4M+ rpp just with 5 lesser hoard enchantment, put my OF, Belt and Neck, so it's 12M or more rp for 100k ad took me a week or so to get all that. and i've got all those arti, on this mod, so it was after the nerf.

If I'm reading your post right, that cannot be possible even if playing 24/7. The internal countdown of the Dragon Hoard enchantment + 5% drop chance would see to that.

I personally have 4 legendary equipment items which took weeks of farming before and after BtA change, saving up for 2x refine and a HUGE amount of AD on auction house Lesser Resonance Stones. I'm talking about 30+ stacks of lesser resonance stones here (can't remember for sure).

Oh, and 3 of those 3x Blood Ruby packs when they were on sale, because tedium.

This is for artifact equipment of course, but still. The basic artifacts themselves are a bit easier except for the nasty GMoP requirement.