test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Executioner vs Saboteur

ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Hi , i am a 50% pvp and 50% pve player and i wanted to ask which tree is better executioner or saboteur . I refuse to build Scoundrel because its only attack is daze and it cant stealth really in a long time . Once your target dodge your daze and you are not tank enough you are 75% dead . So back to the exe and sab tree . I tried both trees and i think both trees got its own goods and bads . Sab is for stealth and dont have much damage like exe but exe cant survive really long if there are more than 2 enemies . So what do you guys think ? Exe or Sab are better for player like me .
Post edited by ganzj on

Comments

• iarus87iarus87 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2015
    As far as i know, Exe is more into "i kill you or you kill me". It's a tree focused on killing others, fun in pug, not too useful in premades or whenever you need to contesting a node. Sab seems to be a jack of all trades, it's a great stealther, it can daze with Smoke Bomb or even with Dazing Strike, reducing the number of cc'ed foes but dealing lot more damage. It's up to you and your playstyle, do you prefer to be a powerful glass cannon or a more subtlety fighter?
  • ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iarus87 wrote: »
    As far as i know, Exe is more into "i kill you or you kill me". It's a tree focused on killing others, fun in pug, not too useful in premades or whenever you need to contesting a node. Sab seems to be a jack of all trades, it's a great stealther, it can daze with Smoke Bomb or even with Dazing Strike, reducing the number of cc'ed foes but dealing lot more damage. It's up to you and your playstyle, do you prefer to be a powerful glass cannon or a more subtlety fighter?

i just want to kill my target without dying . What tree are you ?
    edited January 2015
    Sab/MI. I can kill efficiently but for sure not as much as an Exe would do. I also wonder if i should try Exe because that oneshot LB/SE is amazing, but my concern is survivability. If the oneshot is dodged, you are pretty much ****ed up.
  • ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ganzj wrote: »
    Hi , i am a 50% pvp and 50% pve player and i wanted to ask which tree is better executioner or saboteur . I refuse to build Scoundrel because its only attack is daze and it cant stealth really in a long time . Once your target dodge your daze and you are not tank enough you are 75% dead . So back to the exe and sab tree . I tried both trees and i think both trees got its own goods and bads . Sab is for stealth and dont have much damage like exe but exe cant survive really long if there are more than 2 enemies . So what do you guys think ? Exe or Sab are better for player like me .

since you say you are doing half of pve and half pvp, you should go executioner capstone, you are dealing high amounts of damage to elite mobs and bosses but at the same time executioner pathstone has a lot of damage bonus and resistance ignore feats so you can one shot people with SE and LB in pvp. this is est so you can do your pve and pvp thing.

sab is purely pvp, you can perma stealth without high int score, cool down reduction feats so you can use SS and BS to reenter stealth quickly, and piercing damage in stealth so you can kill opponents and run around perma stealthed with this feat path. in pve this doesnt have as much strength compared to executioner because of the capstone change, SoD main damager for executioner, but with high enough gs you can do any content without much trouble, just harder with sab b/c it lacks the pure dps, but u gain pvp survibablity and ulitility with this feat path. if you do all pvp and suffer in pve damage wise then this would be a fun path to go.
    edited January 2015
    Yes, obviously in pve Exe is a no-brainer. Highest damage among all three path. And theoretically, WK/Exe should have the highest dps. However, pve content in this game doesn't require that much effort so i suggest you to focus more on pvp when building character, pve can be done as for now with any build without any problem.
    edited January 2015
    scoundrel is a pvp path, as that much daze isn't that helpful outside of pvp. scoundrel seems to do very well in 1v1 situations, dazing your opponent and keeping them dazed while attacking your opponent who won't be able to fight back cced by any crit or skull cracker. also provides excellent support to a team, when you can keep mulitple important targets dazed. so quite powerful in a team fight and useful/annoying against DC's to prevent them from healing or healing thier team.

edit: i would go executioner if you want to do well in pve and quicken dungeon runs but still own in solo que/ one shot style lol
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iarus87 wrote: »

I kinda have to disagree, mi exec is not the best survivor of the class but it does not have to be a glass cannon. Between stealth, itc, and daze, you can survive a lot. My rotation is generally stealth>lashing>smokebomb>duellists flurry>itc>duelists flurry>stealth>repeat. The smokebomb comes immediately after lashing because if I miss I don't wanna get creamed, and if the target dodges outside the range of smokebomb, I go immediately into itc instead of dropping smokebomb. Smokebomb is just a safety net, mainly to avoid getting killed after the one-shot by the targets teammates. People tend to stand together for some stupid reason which makes dazing strike a tempting alternate to either lashing or smoke bomb.

It is plausible to slot all "survival" encounters and no damage encounters and still shred enemy players with duelists flurry alone and survive for prolonged periods of time while contesting a node in a 1v1 vs superior geared players, 2v1 vs same geared players or 3 or 4 v 1 vs lesser geared players.

PVE essentially the same, as mobs tend to stand close together, trash mobs in a tight group around one Strong; so lashing from stealth vs the strong followed instantly by smoke bomb, the strong should be one-shotted by lashing and the trash melted by smoke bomb, anything remaining can easily be DF'd away. Aside from cw, I never cleared mobs as quick as I do with my tr, even my sw is not as fast.

I'm no expert and this is just my opinion, but in that opinion players who make super-uber damage mi execs who can't contest a node for long really aren't doing it right at all.
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you have a vorpal go Sab, if you have bile go exec. That is what everyone is doing now that shadow of demise is double proccing.

By the way, I wonder when the devs are going to fix SoD.
    edited January 2015
    executioner path is best pve right now so if u need to make ad from dungeoning i would go with this path, enchantment probaly want a vorpal, so higher crit damage, also u can one shot kill peeps with LB and SE too so that would be good for 50 pve 50 pvp
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Actually, Scoundrel is a hell of a PvE class. It only loses a bit of luster on bosses because they can't daze them.
    to get your damage bonus on bosses you should use courage breakers daily..
    It works on bosses and allows 25% bonus damage effects.y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Scoundrel is amazing pvp and pve..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited January 2015
    Actually, i think TR is well made because every path/feat is viable. Scoundrel is for sure the easier to play, with permadaze with no to little effort and a gameplay which basically ignores gs or equip (but aside 1on1, equip is mandatory); Saboteur is a jack of all trades, permastealth with high damage and not too much relying on equip; Executioner is a massive damage dealer with good survivability but relies a lot on a good equip.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Scoundrel is amazing pvp and pve..

It has a decent amount of DPS in PvE and a good amount of control power in PvP + survivability.
    Executioneer is still DPS machine number 1 in PvE. Shadow of Demise does an insane amount of damage.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
    edited January 2015
    scoundrel seems like a pvp path and a very good addition to a premade, a cc rogue that can get off so many dazez and survivalbility from stealth/delfect as well as bonus damage on cced targets, making it a very fierce opponent in a premade team situation. also strong against 1v1 situation like against another rogue or dc.