test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks Cryptic/PWE for the Winter Festival

germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to say Thanks for the wonderful Winter festival and all the freebies :)
Post edited by germmaniac on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aw, I missed it this year, I'm still burned out on the game, I'll probably be back later XD
    but it was fun last year.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I add my self too .
    Ofc i dont get the forghammer but was really the best rewarding event ever in the past years.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    soozgeesoozgee Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2015
    It was indeed a nice event, pity though it's been exploited from day 1 till the end as Cryptic has not been able to fix it.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it was great, hope to see more like this but spaced out.
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Definitely, great work the team involved. Excellent event :)
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    It was a breath of fresh air after sands of Well of Dragons. I will miss this Twilight Run or fishing. Thank you for that event :)
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I enjoyed it and had some decent stuff out of the gifts too.

Ta very much!
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    aw, I missed it this year, I'm still burned out on the game, I'll probably be back later XD
    but it was fun last year.

It was even better this year!

Big props to PWE / Cryptic staff for the event.

Just out of my own parcels, I got a bunch of companions (including 3 event companions I didn't have), along with a lot of other nifty stuff.

It truly was giving in the spirit of the season, and I hope people remember this event the next time they talk about how they "need to be compensated" for X problem. It would have been very easy for PWE / Cryptic to scale back the parcels, but they didn't. I know a few guildies who ended up with chickens (one F2P guy got a chicken *and* a theurge, the @#$%), and everyone got something they wanted / liked.

But Santa, next year, I really want a Forgehammer of Gond. I'll be extra good and everything! ;)
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    soozgee wrote: »
    It was indeed a nice event, pity though it's been exploited from day 1 till the end as Cryptic has not been able to fix it.

Honestly, I'm not going to complain about cheap green companions (and pretty decent ones at that) being on the AH. Yes, there will be people making AD on it. But at under 10k for a mimic, fawn or sprite, it'll be a long while before they recoup their investment of time.

And it shouldn't be hard for PWE to track down just who was going all out on the exploiting and take appropriate action.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Awesome event loved the gift boxes this year.

But anyone else think that the village of Twilight Tor will stop letting us in each year. It seems all we do is deplete all the fish from the lake, mess up their telescope, and leave behind a mountain of dead trolls behind to stink up the place.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Awesome event loved the gift boxes this year.

But anyone else think that the village of Twilight Tor will stop letting us in each year. It seems all we do is deplete all the fish from the lake, mess up their telescope, and leave behind a mountain of dead trolls behind to stink up the place.

Burning the dead trolls is how they stay warm! Come on, it is a dwarven village. Do you think it doesn't stink already? Enough dwarven ale drowns out any scent.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Maybe the trolls are just dumped into the lake (Melt the ice under them, splosh!) The ice stops the smell and maybe they make the perfect fishfood for those four types of fish :P
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tis the end of an awesome event. :(

Now it is time for Neverwinter to suffer the consequenses of everyone dumping their unused fish onto the hot summer streets. The cats will enjoy them but they will get fat and become useless augments. :eek:
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cdnbison wrote: »

And it shouldn't be hard for PWE to track down just who was going all out on the exploiting and take appropriate action.

I agree its easy to find out who was exploiting, but nothing will be done, just open AH search rp items and u see same names over and over again selling 10-20 packs of lesser resonance, bots cuz since Dragon hoard enchants are here i have bot get 10 packs of lesser in all the time playing, but they manage to get so many they still siting on packs and pack months later. (why not ban/destroy those pack).

But yes the Winter event was good :) on my 3 chars i was not that luck, but still a free purple pet, a throne and a few mass life scroll was a nice surprise. :)

Ty PWE / Cryptic!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Best. Event. Since launch. Better than last year, too.

Not so much in the entertainment aspect - it's still my favorite event of all of them, entertainment-wise is clearly equalled last year. Some might say it was the best because they got bunches of goodies - and that's true. As for "exploit" claims: I don't believe it (that it was a real problem if it was real at all). The Star parcel was just a lockbox by another name with better odds of getting good stuff. Binge-open 50 or 100 at a time and you got LOTS (no I didn't do that myself, but it's obvious). Hell, I got companions and mounts on ALL my characters in a single day during the last three days, on top of the bunches over the last couple weeks. Weird-o, but makes me happy. Including some I genuinely don't remember ever existing (the *really* rare stuff). (!)

It's the *best* of all the events because it really felt like the "season of giving and sharing" in a genuine sense. It felt like I was on the receiving end of gift-giving every time I claimed a free Star Parcel from the Zen Market; thank you Cryptic (and I really did appreciate the option to buy more)! It felt nice to be on the receiving end of gifting during the player "gifting parties" and it felt great to share through the same way.

This is what made this event so special to me: as MMO's go - it felt genuinely inclusive among my fellow players and the game studio to-boot. Not just co-op playing together, but interacting with each other directly.

Three thumbs-up.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Not so much in the entertainment aspect - it's still my favorite event of all of them, entertainment-wise is clearly equalled last year. Some might say it was the best because they got bunches of goodies - and that's true. As for "exploit" claims: I don't believe it (that it was a real problem if it was real at all). The Star parcel was just a lockbox by another name with better odds of getting good stuff. Binge-open 50 or 100 at a time and you got LOTS (no I didn't do that myself, but it's obvious). Hell, I got companions and mounts on ALL my characters in a single day during the last three days, on top of the bunches over the last couple weeks. Weird-o, but makes me happy. Including some I genuinely don't remember ever existing (the *really* rare stuff). (!)

It's the *best* of all the events because it really felt like the "season of giving and sharing" in a genuine sense. It felt like I was on the receiving end of gift-giving every time I claimed a free Star Parcel from the Zen Market; thank you Cryptic (and I really did appreciate the option to buy more)! It felt nice to be on the receiving end of gifting during the player "gifting parties" and it felt great to share through the same way.

This is what made this event so special to me: as MMO's go - it felt genuinely inclusive among my fellow players and the game studio to-boot.

Three thumbs-up.

Well said, and agreed
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree, it was a terrific event. The Simril Gifts was a great touch. Spent about 2 hours yesterday opening gifts with a party and all of my and their alts. Actually got some nice lootz from it too.

I'm especially glad that the event didn't require performing all three event tasks in order to get the daily progression currency, unlike the Summer Event. Please change the Summer Event progression to be like this one.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The most rewarding event by far. :)
  • Options
    soozgeesoozgee Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2015
    The most rewarding event by far. :)

And most exploited, too.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This Event was really neat. I liked the free gifts and the great idea to share the gifts in a party :)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    +1 Thanks to cryptic for happy holidays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    thank you, I now have a guild bank tab full of chickens, duergar, bonding runestones etc. :)
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Agreed - the team did a great job in making sure that there was something for everyone in this event.

Well done!
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I too enjoyed the event and the Parcels were a real positive change. I even tried to ignore the random slow down/dismount in the Twilight Run event ("keep it light" I tell me sometimes obsessive self).

Here are a couple thoughts for next year:
    - Make Gift giving a queue-able task. The code verifies you have at list one Gift before being placed in a PUG. This should relieve the angst of those bad apples scamming for drops.
    - Have a few "viewing stands" accessible along the length of the Twilight Run course, not just the end.
    - A "Hot Air Balloon of Gond" for drifting over the whole of Twilight Tor. Include representatives for Consumables and a Mail Drop. Add some "entertainment" and this could be a interesting place to hang out. If this is implemented on it's own 'secure' server you could have a Bank rep too.
  • Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks Cryptic, I thought the addition of the parcels was a great idea. The parcels made me log in across all alts everyday. On those last couple days when I finally reached 20+ gifts, I stared getting all kinds of stuff. No forgehammer, but just about everything else. The gifting was a great idea too.
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This is what made this event so special to me: as MMO's go - it felt genuinely inclusive among my fellow players and the game studio to-boot. Not just co-op playing together, but interacting with each other directly.

Three thumbs-up.

I agree with the Parcels but...
    the Gifts of Simril was the event sore point for myself [and I'm sure many others]

If you had to rely on total strangers & join a "gift party"... your mileage could vary.

Some would claim [not aimed at angrysprite] that these "free" gifts were just to give and I would agree... only if a potential Starlight Bag drop was not attached to it... that gave value to those Gifts... if were just Lights and a possible Star, I would have unloaded them as fast as I got them and never thought about getting any in return.

While, yes it might have been nice to unload 125 [18 x 7 characters - 1 missed gift] Gifts of Simril and give people 125 chances at a Starlight Bag

... but I'd like the chance at Starlight Bags myself, and it would seem I'd be greedy to think that way.

Was going to continue but realized I'm deviating from the quote above, so instead decided to leave you with your "warm & fuzzy" feeling and glad to see someone had a good time with the event & the gifts...

but I'm sure there many who did not get to experience the event they way you did.

I received no Gifts from other players during the event [by choice] and sent the Gifts[from Parcels] I had to the bottom of the lake, maybe they'll become next year's Sodden Pouches
    ... with the display of players' attitude towards each other during the event, didn't believe anyone was worthy of Gifts.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was mostly nice.. to me the best gift was respec tokens, though you have to admit, they kind of owed us for some anyways.

Overall, this was the best event they ever did for the players.

Makes you wonder how or why some of the other specific events they have done, how terrible the prizes were for them and/or grind time wasnt worth the bother.

CTAs a year ago would net me a hundred r5's in a weekend of grinding, last time I bothered, I think I got ten. and loads of crappy 1 and 2s, BAG space fillers. So I dont even bother with CTA;s.

Respens and this event are the only two I would bother with right now.

NOW, since we have totally super inflated thier EGO's, FIX RP , NOW!