test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are Lights and Stars Permanent?

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Heya folks,

I was hoping anyone knew the answer to the above question, so I know whether I have to try to spend them, or whether I can save them until next year.
I think I read somewhere that they'll all go poof at the end of the event (or a few days later). Is that correct?
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Simrils will perish in something like 30 days. Stars should be permanent they have no date of expire.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Simrils will perish in something like 30 days. Stars should be permanent they have no date of expire.

Ah, I see it now. Thanks!
    Artificer.jpg
  • janeofhordlejaneofhordle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello, apologies for a mild thread jack but on the same topic what happens to the event currency at closure please?
    And can anybody tell me what I do with "Ring of Lights"? I asked ingame and was told they are for crafting but they are in the currency section and I did look but could see nothing in the professions section to craft with them. Thanks
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They are used for the Simril event crafting. Specifically to level up the profession.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello, apologies for a mild thread jack but on the same topic what happens to the event currency at closure please?
    And can anybody tell me what I do with "Ring of Lights"? I asked ingame and was told they are for crafting but they are in the currency section and I did look but could see nothing in the professions section to craft with them. Thanks

Yea, they are for crafting.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Simril_Lightcrafting

And they will remain in your inventory after the event.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Winter Festival zone as well as the Simril shop NPCs will probably be gone after Thursday following previous event examples like Siege of Neverwinter. That will render your Simrils basically useless even if they don't expire right away, except maybe for crafting (assuming it will not be removed, but again, it can be removed too using the Siege of Neverwinter crafting task as an example). Even if you can still do Simril crafting, the fishing tools will also be useless since there will be nowhere to fish.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Typically, an NPC will remain in PE for a few days to a week after the official end of the event, so people can spend remaining event currency. IIRC, the actual profession goes away once the event ends, (but you retain your progress in the profession, as I had Simiril Lightcrafting at R3 last year, and that character retained it at R3 for this year's event).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited January 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Typically, an NPC will remain in PE for a few days to a week after the official end of the event, so people can spend remaining event currency. IIRC, the actual profession goes away once the event ends, (but you retain your progress in the profession, as I had Simiril Lightcrafting at R3 last year, and that character retained it at R3 for this year's event).

Not true. For example, the NPC you exchanged your Siege of Neverwinter supplies either through doing the event or crafting with was gone RIGHT WHEN THE EVENT WAS OVER.

The irony was you could still buy supply from the zen store or craft them but there was no NPC to trade with.
    edited January 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Not true. For example, the NPC you exchanged your Siege of Neverwinter supplies either through doing the event or crafting with was gone RIGHT WHEN THE EVENT WAS OVER.

The irony was you could still buy supply from the zen store or craft them but there was no NPC to trade with.

That was a different NPC - the one you could actually buy stuff from was on the dais after the event.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    edited January 2015
    That was a different NPC - the one you could actually buy stuff from was on the dais after the event.

Not all NPCs you bought stuff from previous events stayed. For instance, in the first Summer Festival, the NPC who sold pigs was gone with the zone.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Based on recent previous experience, Cryptic can and likely will render all your event grinding worthless. With or without warning and/or "expiration" notices. I'd say spend everything before the end of the event.
    edited January 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Not all NPCs you bought stuff from previous events stayed. For instance, in the first Summer Festival, the NPC who sold pigs was gone with the zone.

The NPC that is placed in the event dais after the event ends is not the same as the one that was there - they typically have different tabs, (in the case of the Summer event, they had one for the various "easier to obtain" currencies, then they had a tab for the daily Sune currency).
    edited January 2015
    The NPC that is placed in the event dais after the event ends is not the same as the one that was there - they typically have different tabs, (in the case of the Summer event, they had one for the various "easier to obtain" currencies, then they had a tab for the daily Sune currency).

It won't matter what "tabs", what "events" and what "NPC" whether they are shop NPC or not, the point is there is no consistent trend what NPC stayed for a while and what got removed right away. It is all at the discretion of the developers, e.g. in the case of the Summer Festival. When they did not want the pig mount seller to stay in the first Festival, they removed it. When they, for some reason, wanted her to stay for a week more, they let her stay.

Unless there is an OFFICIAL comment on that before the end of this event, I strongly suggest everybody to use their simril. There is no benefit waiting until after the event anyway.