test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Lazalia's Full DPS build for SW Fury Mod 5

Comments

• abcdd1234abcdd1234 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ty for the great guide. Im doing well with 14k with pvorp, now i can compete top dps and its way better than my 19k GWF :D My next goal is to get DC artifact which will be pain to level it to 60 lol

Im using Accursed Diabolist set now and Im almost close to get MC set. I bought 4 power armor kit to boost my gs but idk which one should I choose. Which do u prefer if u stick one of them and which is better to compete for top dps?
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm bit coonfused about how combat advantage works. When does this appear? i see u have a lot for this stat, i never went for this. so?

I kindly ask you to check the following link: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Combat_Advantage this will help you to understand how it works, basically if we have more of this stat, we will deal more damage under the right circumstances.

abcdd1234 wrote: »
    Ty for the great guide. Im doing well with 14k with pvorp, now i can compete top dps and its way better than my 19k GWF :D My next goal is to get DC artifact which will be pain to level it to 60 lol

Im using Accursed Diabolist set now and Im almost close to get MC set. I bought 4 power armor kit to boost my gs but idk which one should I choose. Which do u prefer if u stick one of them and which is better to compete for top dps?

Thank you very much for your comment.

MC set is going to be better for Farming Heralds, Dragons during ToD campaign and Tiamat due to their huge HP pool and Accursed Diabolist is much better for dungeon runs because most mobs doesn't really have too much HP and you can spread the Hellfire bonus among your enemies. I keep both sets in my inventory which I switch depending of what I've mentioned. However, Accursed Diabolist is going to be good against these dragons too (especially if they aren't dying fast enough) so if you have to stick with one of them Accursed Diabolist then.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I kindly ask you to check the following link: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Combat_Advantage this will help you to understand how it works, basically if we have more of this stat, we will deal more damage under the right circumstances.

lazaroth, i checked it. And i have some questions: this blue thing, ive never seen it before, maybe im bit distracted, it says that appears under their feet, but dont see it (now testing).
    No pity no mercy gives CA when critical hits, this means all following damage will have bonus? or only critical hits, and how long does this effect of "CA" last?
    So, as this only works when another player is in the opposite direction, meaning that if i solo dungeons, i dont need to have no pity no mercy featured, right?. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2015
    lazaroth, i checked it. And i have some questions: this blue thing, ive never seen it before, maybe im bit distracted, it says that appears under their feet, but dont see it (now testing).
    No pity no mercy gives CA when critical hits, this means all following damage will have bonus? or only critical hits, and how long does this effect of "CA" last?
    So, as this only works when another player is in the opposite direction, meaning that if i solo dungeons, i dont need to have no pity no mercy featured, right?. :rolleyes:

It's basically when you are surrounding your enemy or if special features like GWF/GF's mark or HR's Aspect of the Pack are active, in normal hits you will see the sword icon but it also works with critical hits.

Regarding to NPNM when you crit, you will have CA bonus for brief period, it's very short probably between 1.5s and 2s and your powers will get this benefit. You don't really need another player for that, actually, NPMP removes the need of that extra person so you can have CA bonus, you clearly need it if you want to solo dungeons but the true is that isn't really necessary if you are doing runs with a full party and there are other players using their special features but it helps you to keep it close to 100% uptime, however, since we have the new artifact class feature with our offhand and the upgrade for NPNM is one of the best, it becomes a must in our power tray.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ohhh understood, gracias!
  • manny1308manny1308 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perfect guide :-) ... and verry sililar to my german guide and skill:
    http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php/88921-Der-Hexer-als-DD-und-Offtank-%28-quot-Der-Tank-Guide-quot-%29-Modul-5?

Maybe i have some info for you: the "Intellect Devourer" (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Intellect_Devourer) does the same like the Blink Dog -> so you will have a Combat Advantage Damage of 5%+5%
    edited January 2015
    manny1308 wrote: »
    Perfect guide :-) ... and verry sililar to my german guide and skill:
    http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php/88921-Der-Hexer-als-DD-und-Offtank-%28-quot-Der-Tank-Guide-quot-%29-Modul-5?

Maybe i have some info for you: the "Intellect Devourer" (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Intellect_Devourer) does the same like the Blink Dog -> so you will have a Combat Advantage Damage of 5%+5%

Thanks for your comment. :)

I'm using the Intellect Devourer along with the Blink Dog in my GWF, also posted a guide for that class, it was working fine when I started to use it but suddenly some people posted that is not really working, however, the last post that I saw about it like 3 days ago mentioned that is working fine... I have to test it by myself I guess.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • roguedropbearroguedropbear Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    • Sigil of the Devoted is your best friend because it will help you to keep 100% AP as much as possible along with the cloak which grants you with AP gain each x second. Always use it after each daily since more AP = more DMG. This sigil also allow you to use Brood of Hadar in single target fights without worrying about losing DPS, cast your encounters then use brood of hadar followed by sigil of the devoted, use at-wills and your encounters should be ready to use with your AP very close to 100% again.

Thank you for the Build. I'm at considerable lower level but have based my build on this. I would like to ask how you get the Sigil of the Devoted when is says you need to do the quest with a devoted Cleric?

Thanks in advance for your response.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to ask how you get the Sigil of the Devoted when is says you need to do the quest with a devoted Cleric?

Thanks in advance for your response.
    You need to level a DC character to 60, gain access to Icewind Dale by getting 3 Boons in one of the other Campaigns, go to Caer Conig (Icewind Dale town) and speak to Jarlaxle (Drow mercenary with a feather in his hat) in the Hook, Line, and Sinker tavern. Jarlaxle will give you a quest if you have 2 (or more) Level 60s who have spoken to him, then complete the quest he gives you and every character you have on your account will be able to claim a Sigil of the Devoted.

Also explained a bit on the Neverwinter wiki HERE.

Hope that helps! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • roguedropbearroguedropbear Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow that certainly explains it. Thought they were like character or class bound. Thanks heaps for your help.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow that certainly explains it. Thought they were like character or class bound. Thanks heaps for your help.
    No problem at all, happy to be of service! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Combined with your guide, Lazalia, and Kaelac's, I've actually managed to outdps 90% of the people I've partied with on my 15.5k GS moon elf SW. Granted, I have no artifact gear of any sorts (I have 4/4 Accursed Diabolist and Ancient Inquisitor's weapon set :rolleyes:. Also have the gemmed archmage 1 slotted rings, ancient exorcists's necklace of blessings, gemmed darkleather pants and shirt, and a corrupted black ice belt with 7s/8s and a greater vorpal) but he kicks ***. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks!
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    moon elf SW. !
    I need this god demn race >.>

Why moon elf btw?
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I need this god demn race >.>

Why moon elf btw?

Well, I wanted a change... I've had tieflings in the past, even tried a half-elf and dragonborn, but honestly? I think the moon elf really works well. The wanderlust and CC resist racial bonuses are nice, and I heard a rumour a long time ago they make great fury SWs. So I thought, heck, why not? Made him, PvPed on the way to 60, not been disappointed. I've seen a few moon elves around, I think they might be somewhat underrated.
    edited January 2015
    Well, I wanted a change... I've had tieflings in the past, even tried a half-elf and dragonborn, but honestly? I think the moon elf really works well. The wanderlust and CC resist racial bonuses are nice, and I heard a rumour a long time ago they make great fury SWs. So I thought, heck, why not? Made him, PvPed on the way to 60, not been disappointed. I've seen a few moon elves around, I think they might be somewhat underrated.

Actually yeah, Sun/Moon elf make very good PvP warlocks if you don't like halflings. And if you boost that CR even further...
    edited January 2015
    Combined with your guide, Lazalia, and Kaelac's, I've actually managed to outdps 90% of the people I've partied with on my 15.5k GS moon elf SW. Granted, I have no artifact gear of any sorts (I have 4/4 Accursed Diabolist and Ancient Inquisitor's weapon set :rolleyes:. Also have the gemmed archmage 1 slotted rings, ancient exorcists's necklace of blessings, gemmed darkleather pants and shirt, and a corrupted black ice belt with 7s/8s and a greater vorpal) but he kicks ***. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks!

Thank you very much for passing by, I'm glad knowing that the guide have been useful for you, SW is very fun class to play with and as you have showed us BIS gear isn't necessary for unleash the hell upon your enemies as long as you use the correct mechanic. :cool:
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Actually yeah, Sun/Moon elf make very good PvP warlocks if you don't like halflings. And if you boost that CR even further...

I specced him for PvE by the time he hit 60. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like halflings, but I already have a DC that's a halfling, sooo...
    edited January 2015
    I specced him for PvE by the time he hit 60. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like halflings, but I already have a DC that's a halfling, sooo...

That's right, stop breeding halflings, we already got too many black dye'd/ill looking halflings runing around in PvP :D
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's right, stop breeding halflings, we already got too many black dye'd/ill looking halflings runing around in PvP :D
    But then what do we sacrifice to the RNG gods?
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    But then what do we sacrifice to the RNG gods?
    Companion's secton of AH has been so faaawntastic recently. How about cheap sacrificial lamb with a name of local moderator?

Oh wait, venison simril jokes are comming out of my mind again. :X
    edited January 2015

My DC's a cutie! D:
    edited January 2015
    My DC's a cutie! D:
    As far as I know, Far Realm fiends prefer well-shapped cute sacrifices over anything. *casts brood of hadar*
    Tie this one down!
    edited January 2015
    Please, this is a guide, not facebook chat. :/
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Please, this is a guide, not facebook chat. :/
    Oh, alright Lazaroth. Just wanted to keep this one up *pouts*

Besides they DO make great sacrifices for rituals increasing our overall performance and granting us 1m ticks on TT! Yes I am already gone...
  • overdrive91overdrive91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do you think you can post your power selection?
    edited January 2015
    Do you think you can post your power selection?

I wrote a section about which Powers are better for each situation, these must be maxed 3/3, it doesn't really matter where you spend the other points because you are not going to use them anyway.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    since there is often told Soulbinder won´t DPS i have to admit, my damage on single target going WB - KF - SS is defintily better then playing Hellbringer- both with fury specc
    example: doing the dragon runs with Hellbringer I sometimes got "great Success"
    now going Soulbinder i nearly allways get "Great Success" with less effort, DT cost time, when i put DOTS/encounters on target and spam At Wills to gain sparks it seems to do more damage ,
    someone else recognized this until now?
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    over a long fight can WB and SS honestly beat WB and DT on a Fury spec?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    absolutely, i did not count my damage in all, but thats what i experience during dragon runs, playing soulbinder 2 days now,
    not being perfect, because is just spamm SS and don´take care about stacking soul sparks for damage buff, so it would be better building sparks up and always casting the last 6 sparks-->SS so u always would have at least 24x0,3 = about 7% damage boost
    as fury hellbringer i casted normally WB-Kf-DT on single target, i think DT costs to much time u sacrifice too much encounter/at will doing so, DOTS+At Will= more damage for sure
    edited January 2015
    since there is often told Soulbinder won´t DPS i have to admit, my damage on single target going WB - KF - SS is defintily better then playing Hellbringer- both with fury specc
    example: doing the dragon runs with Hellbringer I sometimes got "great Success"
    now going Soulbinder i nearly allways get "Great Success" with less effort, DT cost time, when i put DOTS/encounters on target and spam At Wills to gain sparks it seems to do more damage ,
    someone else recognized this until now?

One thing that is necessary to keep in mind regarding to these Heroic Encounters, once you have surpassed a dmg/healing threshold you will receive the "Great Success", being SB you will get more healing due to the sparks (giving you extra life steal and more self-healing using Borrowed Time) in comparison with Hellbringer which is pure dmg, healing gives many more points to the score than the damage so taking these "Great Success" as a gauge for your dmg during these encounters isn't really a good idea. In my personal experience and after many tests, I find HB easier to play than SB and it's much more rewarding in DPS.

animalust wrote: »
    over a long fight can WB and SS honestly beat WB and DT on a Fury spec?

For a Soulbinder, the dmg done by Soul Scorch (using Curse Consume) is the same than using Dreadtheft, the difference is that he can cast "continuously" SS on the enemy while DT has a long CD, the longer the fight better will be SS, as long as it is used with WC.
    fkze9t.jpg
This discussion has been closed.