test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I can't play the game

kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
(I post this here because I don't know where else).

I have not being able to play the game for some time. A few days ago I wanted to log in but after some patching the PLAY botton in Nerwinter's launcher did not apear (it stays in CANCEL). I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it but every time (I have tried it 4 times) without success. This is what I do:

- download ARC
- install Neverwinter in ARC
- PLAY botton in ARC launcher
- Neverwinter launcher appears and starts patching
- After patching compleet (bar was filled) the PLAY botton does not appear, instead it stays in CANCEL.

So I wonder what causes this problem. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
Post edited by kralmoe on

Comments

• Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    try in safe mode and disable on demand patching. hopefully that helps you.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @ mrrb2000,
    I am following your advice but it keeps patching (already for 1 hour!) and I dont know why but at least 3 times I saw a message that the connection with server is lost and restarts in 5 secs so I wonder if this patching will take forever......
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It doesn't work, mrrb2000. It just keeps saying that the connection with the server is lost and restarts the patching all over...

What it also happens every time I try to exit the Arc Launcher I get the message 'Arc cannnot close while there is an operation running. Please ensure that you are not running or uninstalling a game and try again.'
    Weird because Neverwinter's launcher is closed so what's running??
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Can anyone help me to download the game? Is there any Moderator who can give me the right advice to download the game?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    That's a very odd issue. You may want to contact support directly.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kralmoe wrote: »
    - After patching compleet (bar was filled) the PLAY botton does not appear, instead it stays in CANCEL.

Patching can take a long., loooong time.
    It could also be that the "patching bar" is bugged or incorrectly displayed and patching has not really been completed - hence it still says CANCEL. It could also simply be displaying that the downloading portion of patching is complete, but it may be uncompressing, and patching individual files after that that can take extra time.

How long have you just let it continue after the bar is filled?

I'd say if you can get back to this point, just let it sit with the bar filled for a few hours at least and see if it ever completes.
  • Options
    xelysionxxelysionx Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    I´m having the exact same problem . i also don´t know what to do...
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xelysionx wrote: »
    I´m having the exact same problem . i also don´t know what to do...

Don't touch it and just let it patch -- like overnight.
    If it STILL doesn't complete - send email to customer support.
  • Options
    maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Might consider loading the game via Steam...
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kralmoe wrote: »
    It doesn't work, mrrb2000. It just keeps saying that the connection with the server is lost and restarts the patching all over...

What it also happens every time I try to exit the Arc Launcher I get the message 'Arc cannnot close while there is an operation running. Please ensure that you are not running or uninstalling a game and try again.'
    Weird because Neverwinter's launcher is closed so what's running??
    The connection to the server is lost message happens when you have a poor connection to the patch server. It makes patching go very very slowly. When you disable on demand patching you have to download several gigs. Poor connection and a large download makes it likely you just haven't ran the launcher long enough.

Try this open up a cmd window and type "pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com" The results of that will give you an idea if you are having connection problems.
    maderia wrote: »
    Might consider loading the game via Steam...

Bad idea. Adding another layer where even more things can go wrong when someone is having issues is counter productive. No mmo should ever be downloaded thru steam. Every single one I've seen there ends up with some hardware configs having problems related to steam. It's just asking for more problems.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Use a vpn, I had the exact same issue and using a Washington vpn solved it.