test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1 new PvP map.

malkagarmalkagar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
HI players, guild leaders, and especially pvp addicts.

I've followed precisely threads on this part of the forum, long enough to understand the general direction. After being nominated to the founders community, i've suggested to Xeltey, our european CM, differents initatives to put my favorite tool, the foundry, in valor. One of the idea is to make event like in mod 4, but the subject would be to create a new pvp map ; the winner would have his creation added to the existing pvp map. Unfortunately the devs didn't give agreement to this project, and still on deadpoint.

I've decided to create this map myself. I did it in a voluntary way, i don't ask for anything, if not as you can guess, to add it to the official maps, so you players, can play on.

Obviously, devs aren't agree on this initiatives as for the previous one. And so I need your support : if you are interested to add this map, I'ad ask you to talk about this initiative around you : ingame chat, forums, and social network related to Neverwinter.
It would be a plus if you could afford pictures, comments or videos.

We also look to spread this idea to foreign communities : english, german, italians, turkish, russian... The more we claim, the more we are heard and the more chance this project will succeed.

I'll let you check my map by yourself : you will find here informations to reach the foundry pvp map. There is few textures bug and some fail, I know them and it's already on the to do list.

Name : Map PvP
Code : NW-DROK7HMUV
Author : @Malkagar
Language : french.

Oh, and here => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSvJrQnJfGE you can see a video of the map !
Post edited by malkagar on

Comments

• tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A million times yes.

This map looks large enough to be a 10v10 map.

I honestly don't know why they haven't implemented (or attempted) player made PvP maps. It literally takes care of 2 things at once which are:

Desire for new PvP maps

More PvP in an Action Combat oriented game.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    while id love more pvp maps(that is after they fix at least TR and GWF so its worth pvping) but your map isnt it

the things i dont like

1)its too narrow, more space is needed, i like more open maps + that can cause problems with aoes locking choke points

2)the floors are uneven so there might be problems with getting stuck, if even for half a sec but thats unacceptable in pvp, pvp maps should be as smooth as possible so there are nowhere to get stuck, no invisible ledges that can give advantage to ppl etc.

3)the colors, its too bright and that blue-whitish color is harder on eyes + may make it hard to see encounters + its all in same color so its easier to miss a ledge or get lost etc. coloring for pvp map should be easy on eyes, non-distracting and really clear
    Paladin Master Race
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tunnels, corridors, more tunnels, more corridors...
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • malkagarmalkagar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thx for your respons, I will try to invalid your arguments, burkaanc and mehguy ;-)

I can't nothing about your personnal appreciation of open space, but about the narrow feature : it is not always the same. Yes, exterior corridors are ; it is volontary and, if you observe the official PvP maps, you will find some of them ; especially on top way.

2) I know there are problems with the floor, I fix it but I would you understand a foundry map is a realy long and hard work, I had finished it twice days earlier and I have a debug seance for today. As I said :
    malkagar wrote: »
    I'll let you check my map by yourself : you will find here informations to reach the foundry pvp map. There is few textures bug and some fail, I know them and it's already on the to do list.

3) I can correct color and light ; Icepsear dungeon isn't terrible for your eyes yeah ?

At the end, mehguy, I think (and hope) my map cannot be reducted at "tunnels, corridors, more tunnels, more corridors" ; have you explor them ? Or just Watch the video ?

Whatever I thank your really much for your commentaries, I will remember of your observation burkaanc ;-)
  • ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the general layout, but it would get somewhat tiresome to fight in such featureless conditions for any length of time and it would be difficult to navigate on the fly because of the lack of landmarks. As for the corridors and such, I like them. PVP is about strategy and doing what you can with what you have, not about having optimal conditions. I say narrower corridors, more levels, more things in the way. As for the difficulty you mention in making foundries, I feel ya. My arena foundry is my shortest, 7 minute length, but still took on order of 30 hours to make and test.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    An interesting idea.

I used to make whole warzone (PvP area) maps in Neverwinter Classic. I can't do the same quality work YET here with Foundry mostly due to being unable to change landscape features at will.

Still, an area mostly clear, some easy aims in it, a few corners (that are hard to physically get stuck in), and certainly farther to run would all be good in a new PvP map.

Keep trying Foundry Authors. Maybe an ice map with a few slip n slide spots?
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice job!!

Id scale it down about 25%...

Overall NICE job. Im curious to know how long it took you. Seems like the map is about 80% done, with the DEVs help it would be really nice with a few additional "extras".
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Malkagar ! Good Job !

This game needs initiatives like this one!

For the map, I'm not a fan of the dominant color, I think minor variations ( if possible ) would be more pleasant for eyes.

We have ice and cold with Icespire, and IWD.. a little touch of color would be interesting.

I know, a map is a big work, so thank you four your work, your time, and congratulations. I'm so happy, the future of this game is based on this kind of small things, i'm 100% with you !
    edited December 2014
    Thank you very much for your advice, and your interrest, about this initiative.

I had cogitated about a slide spot on the big cave, or on the last floor objective, but I have finally decide to take some classical thing ; don't forget it is the first time somebody do that, and I wouldn't rush the stages ;-)

About the dominant color, I would first do a dwarf variation for the central cave and the twice bottom objectives, but as you know the foundry is full of limits and I can't, cause I have no many detail for. But I am really sorry about that to.

Again, thank you for your reading guys, and for your support ! =D
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would love to see some devs spending two words about this work.
    Maybe not as excellent as required to be featured but the idea is there!

So... who starts?
    I have not forgotten the first idea, neither all your responses. I will propose something new soon... Maybe not so soon : of course I am a little busy with my own life, but there is a project ;-)