test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Challenging the Login Server

shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all :)

Has anyone else been having the problems with logging in or when changing between the characters?

I mean, yesterday, when I tried to go through the usual daily Praying procedure, each 3rd - 2nd time I was either thrown to the starting log in menu or wasn't able to enter the world at all (seeing almost endless "Trying to connect... " message)
It happened sporadically and I noticed it also when changing playing zones - 1 time it was OK (and the game was quite smooth in general - just a couple of rubber banding moments), the other one - the zone couldn't be loaded, and when trying to reconnect - waiting by staring at the "Trying to connect... " message.

I suppose it happens due to loads of people logging in/out to get their presents and everything, but this really kills the playing time and is infuriatingly frustrating. :(

Upd.
Sorry for the typo in the topic's name - please correct if possible.
Upd.
Thank you.
Post edited by shadevp on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably completely unrelated, but for a long time I've noticed that if you change character, sometimes the timer freezes for a moment and you have to wait until it counts down again if you don't want to end up at the log in screen.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well, logging in again is the lesser evil.
    What was happening to me yesterday was far worse - each time it wasn't able to connect, I was to witness the "Can't connect.." screen for several minutes before being able to try again without the possibility to do anything :(
  • Options
    mctwistmctwist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I haven't even been able to log in AT ALL! Unless i boot the game in safe mode, there's no way for me to log in.
    It just keeps giving me this message right after i click log in: "Disconnected from the login server. Please try again later."
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Same situation today :(

Can't play normally at all:

can't change characters without disconnecting every 2nd time;
    can't change zones / instances as well without getting the 'Timed out connecting to the Gameserver' message.

And the 'Connecting to the account server. Please wait...' message hangs at each unsuccessful login for more than 3-4 mins...

Spent about 2 hours just to pray and get presents for all my toons...
    Managed only 1 in 3 times to get to ToT...
    Wasn't able to do anything else...

I am frustrated beyond believe and unless somebody can help me understand what is the problem (it all started with the Winter Event) I think I give it up as a bad job :(
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The server is messed up ever since M5 launch. I have opened several threads about the issue you're describing and post my ping and tracerts frequently. It's always bad in evening EU times.

Sadly, they don't seem to be able to fix this short-term.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?796151-Still-unable-to-connect-to-the-account-server
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?750351-What-is-happening-today
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the response.
    The issue for me started exactly with the Winter Event...
    It was all right with the launch of the M5 for me.

Right now I feel so angry and frustrated that the things are so bad for me that I started to really hate NY and Christmas.
    Literally Can do nothing. Hands are down :(
  • Options
    csseccssec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Has anyone else been having the problems with logging in or when changing between the characters?

Yeah same here, very frustrating and if you do get in by some chance don't get to a loading screen, game exits and hours wasted trying to log in.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have this problem at least every weekend, and it definitely got worse with the winter event. Last high-activity event (Halloween? Tiamat? Can't remember exactly) the launcher also started to do a weird thing where it will say there is a problem with the website, but login should continue normally.

Don't know if you've experienced this, but the main window and the news links won't show up, a red message says there's a problem with the website, but login should continue normally (I think the default message for not being able to reach the website). Sometimes login does then continue normally, most often though it gives me the 'please try again later'.

I'm not sure if NW has a priority login, but I am not a founder, and I will find I get kicked out if I've been in game for a couple of hours and the servers seem to be getting busier. Might be imagination, but I felt like when "NW Founders" start logging in, they're getting priority over my already logged in status. Which, I guess, is fair. I like it in STO, where I'm a LTS (since beta). :)