test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the GF?

rockdete165rockdete165 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
In PvP the skill one that really made the difference was the anvil of doom, but now very rarely hits a hit. I ask a question for you the gf and pve only? Because the line of the Conqueror not of critical rate and or penetration, and as we know the Gf items not of a good rate of critical.
I're wrong more pvp GF was useless, because if it serves the purpose of tanking, because then a sentinel GWF can tanking more than a GF and still kills more and TR can kill very easy to GF. After all the Conqueror line serves to DPS because then you can not damage a good rate with her, and the GF was born to tank, because then I could not tanking more than a sentry and can not tanking one TR. But remember that this and only in PVE PVP because the GF is still good !!
Post edited by rockdete165 on

Comments

• lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the GF was born to tank

That's so DnD. It's like saying that the cleric was born to heal, or the Gwf was born to fight. As a mod said, NWO follows its own book.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Shield != Tank
    Don't let the shield fool you, GF do fairly decent damage in PvP. Don't run bunker spec either unless you're with a premade it will usually end with you being overwhelmed and dead from lack of teamplay and yes, TR solo que has a ******ed amount of survivability compared to either fighter, this is mostly because there's no longer a dodge window to attack them.

Griffon and Anvil are specialized abilities, they won't work well on any class that can dodge.
    Run 2 /2 pc Black Ice, Besides Preserver for Bunker the GF PvP sets are pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they've always been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> really.
    Remember to Mark.
    Conq is still a good feat line, even though I personally don't like you have to be struck to do more damage.
    As a GF you need to stick TR hard and force them to blow dodges otherwise you wont get ahold of them.

There are no tanks in DnD.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zxorn wrote: »
    Shield != Tank
    Don't let the shield fool you, GF do fairly decent damage in PvP. Don't run bunker spec either unless you're with a premade it will usually end with you being overwhelmed and dead from lack of teamplay and yes, TR solo que has a ******ed amount of survivability compared to either fighter, this is mostly because there's no longer a dodge window to attack them.

Griffon and Anvil are specialized abilities, they won't work well on any class that can dodge.
    Run 2 /2 pc Black Ice, Besides Preserver for Bunker the GF PvP sets are pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they've always been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> really.
    Remember to Mark.
    Conq is still a good feat line, even though I personally don't like you have to be struck to do more damage.
    As a GF you need to stick TR hard and force them to blow dodges otherwise you wont get ahold of them.

There are no tanks in DnD.

hmmm it is easy to land anvil on any proned (bullrushed) class. It works very well in sync with cc feats/class abilities and anvils extra damage relative to lower enemy hp. bullrush+lunging+anvil can be a nice one-rotation, rapid combo.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anvil is bugged, thats sad true, i can bet we will get it fixed in mod10, MAYBE! Other than that, its pretty ncie to play in pvp as gf, either in premade as buff protector, or even in 1 vs 1, right builded protector can shield nasty amount of dmg, from my point of view, only scoundriel/sab tr can be a problem (from all equal geared classes)

• zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    hmmm it is easy to land anvil on any proned (bullrushed) class. It works very well in sync with cc feats/class abilities and anvils extra damage relative to lower enemy hp. bullrush+lunging+anvil can be a nice one-rotation, rapid combo.

The skill is in no way bad, I swap for them often, usually when I see 2 or more fighters on the other team. Bullrush is about the only thing that never comes off my bar.

By specialized I just mean it needs fairly specific conditions in order to land. Using your example for instance: If your bullrush is dodged then its unlikely you will land the Anvil afterward and then you have an encounter on your hotbar that you're not using till bullrush comes back up.

As a cross example Frontline can be used at just about any time and requires no special circumstances to use,, it has range, can setup for another ability, setup CC and attacks for other classes or even used defensively as you back out of a fight.