test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Dc

skillia87skillia87 Member Posts: 10
edited February 2015 in The Temple
Hi guys ,
i'm looking for some help about pvp cléric.
i'm actualy Divine Oracle with Faithful feats and in equip i got the 4 part of purified black ice.
Artifact : the cléric one + red dragon + water (fro mthe quest) and const belt.

first of all i would like know if Divine Oracle is ok or Annointed Champion is better.
Then wich artifact main hand ?

thx a lot if you can help me, and sorry for my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> english
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here is the post I made about my PvP spec:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?799501-PvP-and-general-purpose-spec-tanky-dps

What artifiact weapon you use is irrelevant, just get it to at least epic level.

Going righteous (dps) is important since it lets you get the PvP achievements; the other two healing specs do great in PvP, but they can't get enough kills for finishing the kill achievements. I found that anoited champion is better for tanking damage, while you use the righteous feats for dps.
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To do pvp you'll need both dps and survivability. Unlike other classes who do not need to sacrifice much to achieve both, as a DC you'll need to make such choice as early as during creation. The conventional wisdom holds : Max CON and WIS. The best defense is offense.
    Your domination pvp loadouts should be Sunburst (always non-divine to 'counter' TR or at node), spam Break the Spirit (in divinity), Daunting Light (use either both when no one is targetting you)
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have switched to using Astral Shield, Break the Spirit, Divine Glow for all form of PvP (GG/Open/Dom).
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I cant imagine PVP without empower astral shield
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You went faithful so I'm assuming that you want to help your team out. That's great, if that's the case however then be prepared to be yelled at for letting someone die, screamed at for not rotating fast enough, and killed A LOT for having a terrible team.

Gotten past all of this? Great! Now you want to max Con and Wis. Wis for healing and Con for health obviously. Anointed Champion is most definitely best for you because you want to be able to tank. Why? Because it takes at wills to stack empowered and empowered is your main go to healing mechanic. You can't do this if you die every time you get on the battlefield silly.

So now that you're Anointed and ready, slot "Anointed Armor" and "Healers Lore" interchangeable with "Divine Fortune" as your class features. For encounters you want "Sun Burst" as a definite (until fixed, maybe even after fixed) "Astral Shield" as a definite, and "Bastion Of Heal" which is interchangeable with "Healing Word" "Divine Glow" even "Exaltion" if you're feeling for it.

Ready to go in like a pro? Calm down. Get out of those greens. Remember you can't heal while at the campfire. Purified is great for tanking, however if you're feeling like a hot shot with all your new healing abilities, go profound faithful. Now you have an extra 7.5% healing. But be careful, without purified on you're a little less tanky. Artifact Weapon? Best to go with Astral Seal and for Off-Hand it doesn't really matter (Obviously one of the two class feats you have) Now your healing is nice and all, but don't waste even MORE points in to Wis. get lucky and buy yourself a constitution belt..

REMEMBER THAT SAYING YOU CANT HEAL FROM THE CAMPFIRE! :D

For DC race, you'd better go for hafling. Although you want to be great and heal your team, you have to stay alive to be able to do it! So maximize your defense and power. (Hopefully you have Vorpal and Soulforged)

Okay now youre the bestest healer in Neverwinter (or something like that... JUST LIVE UP TO MY EXPECTATIONS) You just need to make sure you know how to play PvP. Do NOT fight at your home node. You are a healer not an attacker so you're just wasting time. Place one teammate at home, another teammate (or two if you don't have a Tr) at enemy node, and then you and your remaining teammate at mid node. If things are heated at mid then stay there and heal. However if your teammates are about to die and are running off of a node, DO NOT LET THEM WASTE TIME GETTING A POTION OR BUNNY HOPPING AROUND THE NODE, HEAL THEM.

I put all my hope in you Hercules. Now don't let me down like the rest of the wannabe heroes. THATS MY BOY/GIRL
  • Options
    zenariizenarii Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    x1101011xx1101011x Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zenarii wrote: »

That was awful. Healing Word? Seriously?

- Bastion of Health heals for more than Healing Word, and it lets you dump divinity into heals (unlike spamming divine Healing Word, which is useless as the temp HP HoTs don't stack). Also, the empowered effect lets you dump massive heals onto almost dead players.

- Break the Spirit is far more useful than Divine Glow. The stun is essential, especially when confronted with enemy healers, the buff potential is higher (30% versus 15%), and it doesn't have a minuscule area of effect.
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    x1101011x wrote: »
    That was awful. Healing Word? Seriously?

- Bastion of Health heals for more than Healing Word, and it lets you dump divinity into heals (unlike spamming divine Healing Word, which is useless as the temp HP HoTs don't stack). Also, the empowered effect lets you dump massive heals onto almost dead players.

- Break the Spirit is far more useful than Divine Glow. The stun is essential, especially when confronted with enemy healers, the buff potential is higher (30% versus 15%), and it doesn't have a minuscule area of effect.
    Empowered Break the Spirit is bugged, it does not increase damage at all.