test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Draconic Templar 4-set-bonus

adisontrentadisontrent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Temple
Hello fellow DCs,

while on preview (before MOD 5 was live) I was getting excited about the 4 set bonus from the named set [Aura that debuffs enemy defense and crit severity by 10%]. "Finally a high tier set with a set bonus, wich makes it worth using it in PVE." was my first thought.

I also checked the collection tab after mod 5 was gone live, and discussed the set bonus with my guild.

Now, as Tiamat is live, I got the first pice in the chest and surprise(!) 4 set bonus is not even worth thinking about.

So we have Mod 5 allready and I am still using a T1 set, because we never got an alternative. And the Draconic Tempar Set could have been such (with the 'original' bonus).

My questions are: When did they changed that set bonus? Did they (the developers) gave any reasons for doing so? Was there a discussion in the preview forums? I found nothing via the search engine or google.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english and happy holidays everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sadly all those offense debuff bonuses are naught but trash compared to high prophet's still. Even BEFORE the ninja nerf....

I don't even know why they were nerfed... WHY!?
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I suspect the reasoning behind it has something to do with how Draconic Templar debuffs stack. Maybe even sets from the same class stack, so that 5 DCs in Draconic Templar would have an aoe debuff that reduced the mitigation and crit rate of everything around them by 25% total. It remains to be seen if this is actually the case, but if so then you'll need to coordinate/mix and match classes to get them to work right. A bit like the Tiamat encounter.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget that defense debuff is not the same as Damage Resist (Mitigation) debuff. So the new set bonus is actually better than the old.

5% DR debuff is about 25% defense debuff, while the old set was 10% defense debuff. So the new set bonus is almost as good as 3 HP stack without even having to do anything other than being nearby.
  • adisontrentadisontrent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget that defense debuff is not the same as Damage Resist (Mitigation) debuff. So the new set bonus is actually better than the old.

5% DR debuff is about 25% defense debuff, while the old set was 10% defense debuff. So the new set bonus is almost as good as 3 HP stack without even having to do anything other than being nearby.

but the "new" set bonus was 'ninja' nerfed :-( so its now a 5% Damage and 5% crit chance debuff
    edited December 2014
    but the "new" set bonus was 'ninja' nerfed :-( so its now a 5% Damage and 5% crit chance debuff

You almost made me post a banable amount of swearwords and then some, good thing i double checked it first :)

The set bonus copied from Gateway, but checked it in-game too: "You gain an Aura that decreases the Damage Resistance by 5% and Critical Chance by 5% of enemies within 50 feet."

So yeah, what i've said still applies, it's the best debuff set atm, esp for the cleric phase in ToT, which is where ppl waste the most time. If you can position yourself correctly everyone will do 5% more damage against every mob attacking the cleric you help defending.
    edited December 2014
    You almost made me post a banable amount of swearwords and then some, good thing i double checked it first :)

The set bonus copied from Gateway, but checked it in-game too: "You gain an Aura that decreases the Damage Resistance by 5% and Critical Chance by 5% of enemies within 50 feet."

So yeah, what i've said still applies, it's the best debuff set atm, esp for the cleric phase in ToT, which is where ppl waste the most time. If you can position yourself correctly everyone will do 5% more damage against every mob attacking the cleric you help defending.

Just wow, again. My gateway is in german and it states the 4-set-bonus of the "Drakonsicher Templersatz" (englisch = Traconic Templar Set) for the cleric as: "Ihr erhaltet eine Aura, die bei Feinden innerhalb von 50 Fuß Schaden und kritische Treffer um 5 % reduziert".

Translated to your quote it means "You gain an Aura that decreases the Damage and Critical Chance by 5% of enemies within 50 feet."

Iam really confused now... seems to be a translating issue.

EDIT: Checked the englisch gateway and it shows me the bonus as you stated it, with Damage Resistance, and not like in german only as damage.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it still nice bonus and very nice set (stat looks ok)
    + the overloads slots

not sure its fall behind high prophet
    edited December 2014
    Did somebody tested this bonus allready? how does this really work? DR = (DR) - (0.05*DR) or DR% = DR% - 5%?
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Pretty decent set. My opinion w/o doing the strict math.

On boss, tough, long preclear in hard dungeons(non existent nowadays, everything dead in 2 secs):
    3 stacks of HP>DT

easy, fast preclear:
    1-2 stacks of HP<DT
  • nethreldrasnethreldras Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The HP tooltip is misleading. HP gives a damage resist debuff too. See Kaelacs guide or check with ACT. You get about 24% (three stacks) more damage with HP. If DT works as advertised it should give you 5% more damage. Even at one stack only HP will give you more. So HP is far superior to DT.
    edited December 2014
    The HP tooltip is misleading. HP gives a damage resist debuff too. See Kaelacs guide or check with ACT. You get about 24% (three stacks) more damage with HP. If DT works as advertised it should give you 5% more damage. Even at one stack only HP will give you more. So HP is far superior to DT.

that is the question about the bonus.. how does it exactly work. Someone has to test it, because tooltips are incorrect way to often.
    edited December 2014
    I'll find an hour sometime this week to do some testing and will post the results.

As for Kaelac's guide, i've read the updated one, and from what i can tell that was written while mod 5 was on preview, and there was a lot of ninja patches since then, that changed both the DT set bonus and fixed certain exploitable game mechanics, so things might have changed.

I've based my assumption on a post by a dev from more than a year ago, where he explained the difference between defense debuff and mitigation debuff. Will know for sure after i've done some testing.
    edited December 2014
    I'll find an hour sometime this week to do some testing and will post the results.

As for Kaelac's guide, i've read the updated one, and from what i can tell that was written while mod 5 was on preview, and there was a lot of ninja patches since then, that changed both the DT set bonus and fixed certain exploitable game mechanics, so things might have changed.

You are right concering the MOD5 DC guide, but Kaleac et al. did also a wrote a guide to numers and stats. There it is writen that: (If I got this linked guide wrong, please correct me)
    1. Foes doesn't have a defense stat, they just have damage resit.
    2. That there are two different types of "debuffs". One type adds a damage multiplier and the other type decreases stats.
    3. That you can not rely on the tooltip.

So I would be really happy to see the results of your tests. If you could test this and post here, that would be absolutely awsome! Thanks in advance!
  • nethreldrasnethreldras Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I've based my assumption on a post by a dev from more than a year ago, where he explained the difference between defense debuff and mitigation debuff. Will know for sure after i've done some testing.

I checked HP, it does exactly what Kealacs guide says.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Um ok disapointing - somebody got some numbers to back that up?

Would do it myself if i had both sets...
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just tried it
    its very good set

Stat:
    its T3 set with the highest stat you can get and it got ~600 less recovery then high prophet
    I am trying to reduce recovery in any way (change artifact etc.) and this is T3 set with one of the lowest recovery you can get....
    like other T3 sets it got different stat (HP, deflection, crit etc ), its very easy to do a balance build with it.
    the overload slots proc all the time and are good for both PVP and PVE

set bonus:
    maybe high prophet on a boss will give the party more damage, but not always you can stack 3 times
    for healer DC its not easy
    in PVP you cannot stack it on all the other team
    and on bosses with adds
    this set do it without any need of stacking, and -5% crit can be important in PVP

there might be other better sets for PVP, especially with all the artifacts accessory that don't give you tenacity.
    probably purified black ice can be great for some builds

but at the end, its very nice set and for overall game I am not sure its behind high prophet