test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No more farming spot

wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
CN is dead. now all T2 is dead
this game should be a dungeon base game and now why you kill all dungeons?
where are we going to farm now?
and how can a new player farm and get Ad to buy stuff such as enchantments and refine points?

this is bad
Post edited by wachumpong on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • kempo23kempo23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    T1, T2,GG CN are all dead now
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kempo23 wrote: »
    T1, T2,GG CN are all dead now

yes all i do know is doing tiamat, its useless to go dungeon with friends since t2 price is 40k below wtpak?
    no more fun
  • marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's one new whole area to farm : Well of Dragons !

i recently started a CW , questing until 60 was fun and all. Then i ran Rhinx quests to be able to 'buy' my t2 gear and a Belt of black ice. All this in less then 2 weeks. Now am working on my boons and running dragons each hour getting more belts and t1 gear. So yeah dungeons are dead, i didnt ever needed to run one at all.

So basicly you get to 60 and just kill dragons in this game if u go the pve way ...

And in my point of view dungeons got dead long time ago when ppl started 'farming seals'. Dungeons should be hard, should need logic and strategy , any 1st time player can follow a 'line' and kill to win. This game lost is D&D spirit :(
  • godofallodsgodofallods Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Simple fix to make dungeons lively again. - Add RP drops to chests
    edited December 2014
    marhabu wrote: »
    There's one new whole area to farm : Well of Dragons !

i recently started a CW , questing until 60 was fun and all. Then i ran Rhinx quests to be able to 'buy' my t2 gear and a Belt of black ice. All this in less then 2 weeks. Now am working on my boons and running dragons each hour getting more belts and t1 gear. So yeah dungeons are dead, i didnt ever needed to run one at all.

So basicly you get to 60 and just kill dragons in this game if u go the pve way ...

And in my point of view dungeons got dead long time ago when ppl started 'farming seals'. Dungeons should be hard, should need logic and strategy , any 1st time player can follow a 'line' and kill to win. This game lost is D&D spirit :(

yes and the belt price is 30k below, and 1 stock of lesser resonance is 500k+. sometimes you dont get any belt in whole day, so how many days your going to farm that belt just to upgrade your artifact to purple/orange?
    edited December 2014
    by selling most by blue and t1 drops i got my belt to purple now ... but anyways whats the point of getting better gear ? i got no challenge already, my toon got tiamat and mc tag with almost 14k GS ... and no i wasnt drag, my CW ends up top dps in most dungeons and never over 12th rank in tiamat.
    edited December 2014
    marhabu wrote: »
    by selling most by blue and t1 drops i got my belt to purple now ... but anyways whats the point of getting better gear ? i got no challenge already, my toon got tiamat and mc tag with almost 14k GS ... and no i wasnt drag, my CW ends up top dps in most dungeons and never over 12th rank in tiamat.

the reason is to compete with other player.
    not everyone loves pve, some only do pve to gear for pvp
    today average gs 16-19k
    edited December 2014
    yes i will try pvp has soon i get enough glory points ;)
    i've been in GG pvp and it was fun beside getting kicked *** with my pve gear lol
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its not all bad but I agree its lost its DnD spirit. I would say I prefer PvP but I really want harder content. I did an amazing foundry the other day.. Had parkouring, great story, lots of clues and hidden items. Really amazing. Except Im BiS and I had to take off all my gear and companions and it still didnt present a challenge.

And thats just a foundry (which needs love and why they dont pull from the playerbase is beyond me).

And the Epic T2 is the same way. SoT might have the hardest boss in game but beyond that its all easy peasy. I want to have to do dailies with a group because I cant do them alone or even duo'd. And not trying to say everyone has the most current gear and everything legendary but I am pretty sure for the average player alot of this stuff is too easy.

Tiamat isnt bad, could of been different but is what it is. I hope the next module brings more open world pvp and some real challenging pve. Im all for the easy quick daily too, we dont all have time to spend looking for groups but I think that type of thing should be available too.

Lets hope they update the old dungeons and add a few more new ones.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Has been requested many times before. Don't think we ever got an "official" answer to that plea.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did an amazing foundry the other day.. Had parkouring, great story, lots of clues and hidden items. Really amazing. Except Im BiS and I had to take off all my gear and companions and it still didnt present a challenge.

Which one was it? Don't hold out on us!

I find my foundry to be pretty challenging... ;)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is not surprising. First i was concerned with the rising cost of RP - which is now stupid/astronomical.

Now people think i was whining about how we used to make great AD and now we can't anymore but every single module they have made it harder and harder to make AD.

This of course is not "surprising" because the thought is that rich players well control the market and hurt the bottom line. Sadly now only the super-rich players control the market.

The drops in WoD and from Tiamat are just straight up saying "we want it near impossible to make AD." for players. The game is now so alt-unfriendly with the RP system that they want you play one character. Why? because you can't get more RAD refined that way.

It is an obvious move to kill all sources of player income and inflate the one thing all players need - RP.

They made getting your cloak, belt, and offhand relatively easy ON PURPOSE. They want you to NEED RP, and once the botted RP is sold you have no option except to BUY RP WITH DOLLARS.

The question is no longer how to get gear - getting gear is super easy. You can all have a BIS armor set for 100k. The question is how to refine gear? The answer is spend money to refine gear.

I think this module is outwardly hostile to players. That coupled with the performance "issues" of tiamat is thinly veiling a cash grab before the studio is sold by PWE, hopefully to someone competent.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Its not all bad but I agree its lost its DnD spirit. I would say I prefer PvP but I really want harder content. I did an amazing foundry the other day.. Had parkouring, great story, lots of clues and hidden items. Really amazing. Except Im BiS and I had to take off all my gear and companions and it still didnt present a challenge.

And thats just a foundry (which needs love and why they dont pull from the playerbase is beyond me).

And the Epic T2 is the same way. SoT might have the hardest boss in game but beyond that its all easy peasy. I want to have to do dailies with a group because I cant do them alone or even duo'd. And not trying to say everyone has the most current gear and everything legendary but I am pretty sure for the average player alot of this stuff is too easy.

Tiamat isnt bad, could of been different but is what it is. I hope the next module brings more open world pvp and some real challenging pve. Im all for the easy quick daily too, we dont all have time to spend looking for groups but I think that type of thing should be available too.

Lets hope they update the old dungeons and add a few more new ones.

I'd say harder content would be a good idea.
    But considering how many pugs fail to clear Dread Vault, I'm not so sure.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Solution: Release legendary versions of all the old dungeons and fill the chest in the end with lots of bound RP so its a challenge to play them again and also rewarding for each player who wins.

This would buy them some time to create new content. This game is all about getting RP now and there is no good way to get it.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If the focus on gear and gear score was not such a rage addiction, perhaps the gravity around gear wouldn't be so immense.
    (Thanks to PvP the 'Adventure' focus is lost/eclipsed)

D&D has so much content and lore that if done right we wouldn't get through it in our lifetime; module 5 is ONE location? One...
    There needs to be more common locations to go to; more dungeons, more areas, larger world affecting events like a Dwarven War or another event that affects the Sword Coast.
    What about Waterdeep? Or since we are on the Tiamat/Tyranny of Dragons path, why not a portal to the 9 Hells?

Content for this game is far too rich and deep; the foundry really just brushes the surface of what you could do in comparison to the NWN/NWN 2 builders. I want to see the Desert of Desolation series come alive with this engine.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They need to remove t2 tiamat dropp .
    And replace it with huge rp bonus.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    they need to remove t2 tiamat dropp .
    And replace it with huge rp bonus.

yyyyyyeeeeeeesssssssss
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Devs maybe thought, that it would make the game beginner friendly. It does not. Beginners could farm t2 gear from chests. Now no reason to go there, you can buy your t2 from 3-4 days rough ad refine. And then you are stuck with a 12k character with t2, but you have no way to farm ad for weapon/armor enchants, pets, purple shirt/trousers, artifacts etc.
    And with newbies not playing t1-t2 they will never learn how to use their chars.

So, yes, remove t2 drops, replace them with high amount of rp (not just 1 lesser resonance, thats just stupid and humiliating.)
    Release legendary dungeons with rp in chests, and maybe t2 sets with overload slots.

As it stands now, dungeons from t1 to CN/VT are just dead.

Until now, you could farm everything in game with time. Now, you can not farm rp (it takes months with current drop rate - or you can go to foundries which is just stupid, and antiplay). Now, you have to buy 800Z blood rubies.
    As ZAX stands now, fewer and fewer players are buying Zen, because AD worth nothing.
    It may be the end of free play. But when free play is dead, paying game ends soon.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Oh wow yes. Great idea. Purple renascence stones and black opals in chests. Maybe the odd diamond boss drop.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what? People are surprised that all the 60's have migrated to doing the newest runs.
    It has at least made doing the normal dragons more interesting, since you now have more than a 30 second fight as the 60's swarm in and smear the dragon than swarm out.

as for the person who said, As ZAX stands now, fewer and fewer players are buying Zen, because AD worth nothing.
    wrong, the Zen amount dropped after the reset last month which removed all offers. Less Gold sellers on it buying AD.
    also, the AD are now worth more. Yes, the less AD per Zen, means the more value to AD.

here's a more thought out post on the same subject.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?688-General-Discussion